SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   British Football Thread (all divisions) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206784)

BossMark 02-25-15 07:11 AM

So Qatar 2022 is going to be held in November and December.

Or for England, just November

Jimbuna 02-25-15 08:21 AM

Fifa says it will not pay compensation to clubs and leagues unhappy about plans to play the 2022 Qatar World Cup in November and December.
It also said no apology was necessary for the scheduling of the tournament, which will disrupt a number of leagues.

No surprises there then.

I'd love to see the European countries refuse to participate but I doubt that will happen either.

Threadfin 02-25-15 10:51 PM

What a farce.

Qatar wins the WC on the strength of it's bid. OK, I know. On the strength of their boundless riyals.

But let's pretend that the WC was awarded on the strength of their bid. Cooling technology. Cooling technology! Yes it was to make the Qatari outdoors in July feel like a breezy spring day. Everyone walking around in windbreakers, the fan zones and the stadia would be refreshing oases. That's what FIFA told us just a few months ago.

Except it was all a sham, and who believed it anyway? Sepptic Splatter stood upon his altar and told us all how wonderful it would be.

But he knew all along it was a farce and a sham. And now? Oh we have to move the WC to winter. Why? Too hot in the summer. Well, no ****. But dozens of WC voters are millions richer aren't they? Oh that's right. Strength of bid. Got it.

A thousand indentured workers have died building these stadia. Bet they would have liked the cooling technology to be the first thing built eh? How many more? There are still 7 years to go....

FIFA has to be the most corrupt organization in the world. The Garcia Report. Yes, finally! An independent investigation in to 'alleged' corruption in the voting process. And what did we learn upon it's release? Oh, right, it wasn't released. But FIFA was kind enough to provide us with a summary. Aren't they sweet?

The FIFA summary from Splatter lackey Hans-Joachim Eckert reassured us that of course there was no corruption in the Qatar and Russia bids. We knew it all long didn't we? And besides, it was really the England and Australia bids that were shady. This of course had nothing to do with the fact that those nations were critical. Nah.

FIFA will still make it's billions, and not reinvest it except in their own pockets. Every football club league be damned, just suck it up and rearrange your schedules. Don't bat an eye that your sponsors and TV rights holders might complain and be expecting renumeration. FIFA has plenty of money. Oh right. Well, do your best. It's the freakin' World Cup!

The single best thing that could happen to world football would be for Sepp Blatter to keel over face first in his lobster caviar frittata.

Figo? Yep, seems about right. Wish I had a vote....

Jimbuna 02-26-15 08:07 AM

^ Agreed :yep:

BossMark 02-26-15 02:23 PM

The English FA have complained that the knock-out stages of the 2022 World cup could be held over Christmas, a time when players want to be at home with their families.

I can't see a problem myself.

Jimbuna 03-02-15 03:16 PM

Looks like Adam Johnson could be in deep doo doo :hmmm:

Quote:

Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with girl, 15
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31702374

BossMark 03-03-15 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2292971)
Looks like Adam Johnson could be in deep doo doo :hmmm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31702374

Oh dear dear me :hmm2:

BossMark 03-03-15 04:53 AM

Looks as if Adam Johnson's career is now back where it began.

Scoring in the local under 15's.

Jimbuna 03-16-15 03:12 PM

Mackems have sacked Poyet.

Oberon 03-16-15 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossMark (Post 2291473)
knock-out stages

I see in the rags at the local supermarket this morning that Rooney is preparing himself for them. :yep:

BossMark 03-20-15 04:17 AM

UKIP certainly don't mess about.

We haven't even had the elections yet, and England is already out of Europe.

Jimbuna 03-20-15 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2297812)
I see in the rags at the local supermarket this morning that Rooney is preparing himself for them. :yep:

LOL :)

Jimbuna 03-22-15 12:08 PM

I seen a young Liverpool fan crying after the match today. I stopped and asked him to tell me what was the Mata.

BossMark 03-23-15 03:36 AM

I've heard that Steven Gerrard has been offered a new part in a film... the sequel to "Gone in Sixty Seconds".

Jimbuna 03-23-15 02:04 PM

Just heard that Girls Aloud are playing Newcastle in August.

They are expected to win 3-0