SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134186)

Laffertytig 06-27-08 06:19 PM

ok based on what u said heres what i did. i deleted the map.cfg, sub and sea folders from the olc gui special folder then enabled it through jsgme with the thinkin bein that the game would just use the default gwx folders. it hasnt worked though as the contact icons still arent there:hmm:

am i right in sayin that these 3 folders are what influence the map contacts? if so why hasnt it worked then? i basically want to keep the graphic fix and lose the realistic map contacts, somethin tells me this shouldnt be to hard to do.

what folders contain the graphic fix?

tomfon 06-28-08 06:40 AM

Laffertytig 06-28-08 06:43 AM

it ok ive got things sorted now, thanks for help.:up:

tomfon 06-28-08 10:53 AM

OLC you have a PM.

tomfon 07-01-08 05:13 PM

OLC you have another PM.

onelifecrisis 07-01-08 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomfon
OLC you have another PM.

No I don't.
No need to post here BTW, I do read my PMs. :up:

tomfon 07-01-08 05:37 PM

Ignore it.

Laffertytig 07-01-08 06:50 PM

im tryin to relearn manual targettin and am havin some probs. i have GWX 2.1 installed with both parts of OLC ubermod but there are some things i dont understand.

1 - no note pad

2- cant open recognition manual

3- cant find anyway to set tdc to auto or manual

i was under the impressio that only your OLC GUI mod made changes to the user interface, am i wrong about that?

ps

the vid tutorials are audio only, is this correct?

onelifecrisis 07-01-08 07:16 PM

Laffertytig,
Go to www.divx.com
Download and install divx (it's free)
Now open the video tuts in either WMP or the divx player, and all will be revealed.

nirwana 07-02-08 06:32 AM

ups nm * scratched

pkl75 07-02-08 01:06 PM

OLC,

Thanks for OLCE! I have only now started using it properly as I have time for playing. I use the latest version and normal particle effects with reflections.

I noticed one thing that annoys me: the stars at night are flickering also at time compression of 1x. Only a few stars show all the time but most of them not. I have ATI videocard with 512 MB memory, so it should not be a problem.

What is the solution for this phenomenon, if any?

regards,
pkl75

onelifecrisis 07-02-08 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkl75
OLC,

Thanks for OLCE! I have only now started using it properly as I have time for playing. I use the latest version and normal particle effects with reflections.

I noticed one thing that annoys me: the stars at night are flickering also at time compression of 1x. Only a few stars show all the time but most of them not. I have ATI videocard with 512 MB memory, so it should not be a problem.

What is the solution for this phenomenon, if any?

regards,
pkl75

It sounds to me like the weather was partially cloudy. It's intended to be that way in such conditions. Clouds are all but invisible at night in OLCE2... rather like IRL, you can only tell a cloud is there on a dark (moonless) night because that bit of sky is missing some stars, or because the stars flicker as semi-transparent clouds move over them. And before you ask, no, sorry, I can't add moonlight.

On a clear night in OLCE2 you'll see all the stars, and they won't flicker.

Laffertytig 07-02-08 07:39 PM

ok im just gonna throw a question out here to see what people think. i was playin SH3 today and tryin to get to grips with learnin the tool OLC provide and got to thinkin, just how realistic is OLC?

the method of findin AOB and range in OLC is based on knowin (a) ship type (b) mast height and (c) ship length right

my question is, just how sure were uboat commaders of these 3 three details when attackin in conditions such as heavy seas or dark nights?

just curious:hmm:

Letum 07-02-08 08:45 PM

I would guess it depended a lot on how well they could ID the ship.

looney 07-02-08 11:39 PM

How does the range finder for the UZO work?

P.s. it's hard to get used to how dark it gets at night.. I'm now 4th sept 1939 (downed 2 mercs and 1 DD already) I'm now on the look for a ship can't find it. It's hard with no bearing in bino.

I'm having fun though.

About the OLC GUI Special... how to make plots? cause you don't know where your ship is.