SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Danevang's Paint Shop 1.0 (skin pack) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164424)

kylania 04-07-10 12:47 AM

That's really odd, since it DID work earlier and I haven't changed the camo on my boat. Next patrol I'll switch it. Thanks!

Danevang 04-07-10 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1350359)
That's really odd, since it DID work earlier and I haven't changed the camo on my boat. Next patrol I'll switch it. Thanks!

What I thin happened, since it worked earlier, is that the camouflage bug on sometimes doesn't show the camouflage applied in game. Therefore, I believe, the times my mod worked on your boat, were the times the camouflage bug was doing it's thing, and was actually applying the default plain colour scheme. Other times the camouflage bug wasn't active, and the applied UPlay camo was showing.

That's my best guess, and it definately will fix the problem when you add the plain paint scheme to your boat the next time you're in base.:)

tonschk 04-08-10 03:25 AM

Yes , looks like the deck was made of wood

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/583...rumreduced.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgtmonkeynads (Post 1348871)
Wood deck for VIIC.
use below link.
http://www.filefront.com/16039493/Wo...0for%20VIIC.7z

This is the first time I've ever uploaded anything so I don't really know the format. Just put into your mods folder and enable with Jsgme.

It does nothing but change the color of the deck to a wood grain pattern.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=1673

Danevang 04-08-10 08:40 AM

Yeah, that's U-995 at Laboe, a VIIC/41 with late style planking on the deck. This was the later, and cheaper, way of making the deck, instead of the earilier slotted wooden one (this particular boat was comissioned on September 16th 1943).

I don't think that you should go by the colour of that new photo though, it doesn't appear to have the black preservative paint of the operational WW2 u-boats applied, and obviously doesn't look at all like a u-boat in use during war would.

But thanks for the picture though, great detail. :)

keith_uk 04-08-10 02:07 PM

Thnaks for the mod.
Can you just run me through how to install it again please, as i'm not 100% sure.

Do i install the folder: Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps with JSGME first? I've done that and that folder ends up being listed in the main SH5 directory. The very first folder in the SH5 directory infact. Is this correct?

Then i install the cammo i want with JSGME also?

Thanks,

Keith.

Danevang 04-09-10 12:16 AM

You need to put BOTH the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder, AND the skin folder you want to use, i.e. "Danevangs PS 1.0 Type VIIC-std Blaugrau 58-1" folder, in your JSGME MOD directory, then install them with JSGME. They should not appear in the SH5 main directory! They just need to be treated as any other mod you might install.

I hope this makes it clearer. :)

I'll see if I can make the installation info in post #1 a little more precise. :)

keith_uk 04-14-10 05:04 PM

I have unzipped the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder to the SH5 MODS folder, i then unzipped the cammo i wanted "Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Wave" to the mods folder, but this folder automatically inserts itself inside the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder and when installed with JSGME, the cammo doesnt work/show.

So i removed the "Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Wave" folder and manually placed it into the MODS folder and then when i install both the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder and the "Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Wave" folder using JSGME, the cammo works....

But, as soon as the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps folder" is activated with JSGME, it DOES end up in the SH5 directory. Its there right now, if i deactivate this mod, then its gone from the directory, but it always comes back as soon as i activate it with JSGME.

Keith.

keith_uk 04-14-10 05:19 PM

My mistake, it was the folder named Danevangs Paint Shop 1.0 Type VIIC Pack that i was installing. Its ok now.

Thanks,

Keith.

Danevang 04-15-10 12:38 AM

I'm glad you got it to work. :) I've tried to make installation as user friendly as possible, but I'm not sure if I've explained the install process well enough (English not being my native language an all).

Should I change something in the install instructions, to make it clearer?

kylania 04-15-10 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danevang (Post 1360301)
I'm glad you got it to work. :) I've tried to make installation as user friendly as possible, but I'm not sure if I've explained the install process well enough (English not being my native language an all).

Should I change something in the install instructions, to make it clearer?

How difficult would it be to simply add these camo options to the renown store for 0 cost? UPlay did it, I assume we could too. That way you'd have one install and configuring it would happen in game, just like any other paint option.

Danevang 04-15-10 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1360318)
How difficult would it be to simply add these camo options to the renown store for 0 cost? UPlay did it, I assume we could too. That way you'd have one install and configuring it would happen in game, just like any other paint option.

I've thought about that too, but untill the developers fix the camouflage not showing bug, that wouldn't be a very good solution. The reason I made this mod overwrite the standard paint scheme .dds files, is that they would show when the bug acted up. The paint schemes bought base, in game, would not be able to overwrite these same files, and so they would be affected by the bug too...that is, not show. So I'm affraid that wouldn't work...I think the current solution is the best one, until the bug is fixed.

Sgtmonkeynads 04-15-10 10:33 AM

I was thinking of asking the same thing a few days ago. But with there being nothing else tospend my points on I thought this would be a good idea.
Currently I have more renown than I have ever had before, I'm wondering what you guys are spending yours on.

kylania 04-17-10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgtmonkeynads (Post 1360676)
Currently I have more renown than I have ever had before, I'm wondering what you guys are spending yours on.

I'm about half way through Happy Times. I have the VIIC Upgraded tower and two dual flak guns. I could upgrade to the KDB hydrophone, but I haven't. There's nothing else I can upgrade and I have 30,000 renown...

mobucks 04-18-10 08:09 AM

this mod is wonderbar, thanks man.

tonschk 04-18-10 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1364163)

To be exact , the properly german word is " Wunderbar = Wonderful "

Danevang 04-18-10 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1364163)

You're absolutely welcome. :salute:

LeBabouin 04-18-10 04:36 PM

Danevang, do you still intend to paint the VII-A types too ?

Danevang 04-19-10 01:07 AM

Yep, but it's going a little slow, as my exams are approaching with lightning speed. :03: But they will be done, and so will type VIIB.

Danevang 04-28-10 01:35 PM

So...the VIIC skins have been our for a while, and I've noticed that quite a few people have downloaded them. I was wondering if any of you who have used the skins have any suggestions about things that might make them better, something you'd like to see improved, changed, something that should definately not be changed, etc. It would be nice to have a little feedback on good and bad before I really begin working on the VIIA and VIIB skins. :)

602Sqn_Puff 04-28-10 03:18 PM

I love them.....now get on with those others........pretty please :)