SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Classic Subsims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   1914 - Shells of Fury - latest press release and screenies (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=94508)

horsa 09-23-06 05:28 AM

Anything that attempts a novel twist or a new era has got to be welcomed, no matter how constrained by budget. So many of the AAA games these days have to take the "safe" route because so much investment is at stake.

CCIP 09-23-06 12:36 PM

An original effort to be sure.

The graphics are spotty by modern standards, but I certainly would be willing to work with them - everything in this one will be determined by gameplay.

Any possibility of a North American release?

Sixpack 09-23-06 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP
everything in this one will be determined by gameplay.

I agree :yep:

By the looks of the air attack (among other stuff) in the trailer I fear arcade tho'. But I hope the final version will prove me wrong.

In any case, a nic(h)e addition to the subsim genre. And if not for me, I am sure there are folks out there who will a blast with it (lots of blasts that is ;) ).

supposedtobeworking 09-23-06 08:32 PM

This is looking pretty neat...you never know, this could turn out to be a little gem of a game..I've certainly discovered gems over the years which are underbudget games made by smaller companies, and in some ways this may contribute to their character and fun factor...can't wait to check this one out.

CCIP 09-23-06 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drebbel
I persomaly hope it will not ve modable. IMHO the EGOs of modders are waaaaay to big. They are painting the walls of a house, standing back and saying "look what I built" :D

Why not first enjoy the game for what is is instead of wanting to mod it before it even has been released ?

Yes, but when has a mod hurt the game? If you don't like one, then don't use one! Egos aside... I went all the way from stock SHIII to being a tester for the latest versions of various mods, and I've never been tempted to go back. :doh:

Anyway, I wonder if it will be sold by downloads at least, if I can't have it here in North America...

Drebbel 09-24-06 01:05 AM

Quote:

Anyway, I wonder if it will be sold by downloads at least, if I can't have it here in North America...
Check the link on their website. Any one can order from Amazon.de

AVGWarhawk 09-27-06 03:16 PM

Ww1

Looks arcade to me but could be quite fun if you have a bit of imagination!

Ship Hunter 09-27-06 07:40 PM

Game has been released in Germany today...waiting for my Version from Rondomedia to Review it on the MarineSims Website.

Seeadler 09-29-06 09:35 AM

I had rented this game yesterday at my local DVD dealer. All in all it has to be arranged rather in the category of Silent Hunter 2, rather still under it.

*To the modding community*

One can change nearly everything in the game:
- sound/audio files are in wav format
- models are in DirectX *.x format (plain text file)
- textures are in dds and tga format
- scripts for campaign, physic, particle etc. are in *.txt format

My conclusion:
Due to my current preferences with pc games, it would be not worth the money for me to buy my own copy of it.

supposedtobeworking 09-30-06 07:52 PM

So anyone else play this--what do you guys think?? I am usually willing to take risks with smaller budget games, but since word is that this is similar to SH2 then I am having my doubts about buying it now....I didn't like much of anything about SH2.

mopedmoppel 10-03-06 06:10 AM

New Screens .....

click me

Rhodes 10-03-06 10:13 AM

Just one question, do one can control more than one type of U-boat?

The detail of the lever to fire the torpedo, ii makes worth to buy it...

irishred 10-03-06 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drebbel
Quote:

Check the link on their website. Any one can order from Amazon.de

I've tried this and their website says:

Quote:

Computer and video games as well as software can be supplied only to the following countries: Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Great Britain, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria, Sweden and Switzerland.
Oh well, it looked interesting.

Sonarman 10-03-06 04:16 PM

Try searching with www.froogle.de there are quite a few other German shops which will probably supply users in the US.

Does anyone who has played the game know if there is an English language installation option in the German release?

Thanks

irishred 10-03-06 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonarman
Try searching with www.froogle.de there are quite a few other German shops which will probably supply users in the US.

Does anyone who has played the game know if there is an English language installation option in the German release?

Thanks

The only website I found that would ship to the US requires a minimum purchase amount of 49 Euros....so I guess thats that.