SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   What Are You Doing In Real Life II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227726)

Sailor Steve 10-04-16 10:28 PM

Just had a very good experience with the U.S Postal Service. Friday I stopped at my local guitar store for a new set of bass strings, six-string style, and they didn't have the ones I wanted. That night I ordered a set from Amazon. Since I have Prime they mailed them the next day with the promise that they'd be here Monday. Monday came and they weren't in my mailbox. Last night I checked the USPS website and it said they had been delivered to my mail box. Today I walked down to the local post office to complain. The manager there explained that since my apartment complex has three different sections, and each section is numbered 1-32, it was likely that the substitute carrier put it in the right box, but in the wrong section.

I went to the grocery store and then back home. I hadn't been home five minutes when my doorbell rang. It was the Post Office manager. She had driven over here, checked mail boxes and knocked on doors until she found who had my strings, and then hand-delivered them to my door. :rock:

Kptlt. Neuerburg 10-04-16 10:57 PM

Just got back from work a little while ago, man what a madhouse the store was today. Everyone and the grandma is freaking out over hurricane Matthew, so much so that gas stations where out of gas and all the stores where running low or where just plain out of water. We ended up getting some nine pallets of water at around eight or so and everyone had to stop what they where doing and help bring it out to the sales floor. Overall today was just crazy.

Oberon 10-05-16 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg (Post 2438832)
Just got back from work a little while ago, man what a madhouse the store was today. Everyone and the grandma is freaking out over hurricane Matthew, so much so that gas stations where out of gas and all the stores where running low or where just plain out of water. We ended up getting some nine pallets of water at around eight or so and everyone had to stop what they where doing and help bring it out to the sales floor. Overall today was just crazy.

Not surprised, it's a pretty beastly formation.

STEED 10-07-16 04:30 PM

STEED has lost weight.

The STEED diet, get a job with lots of walking and going up and down stairs and you too will be slimmer. :)

Lost near on two stone. :)

Need to get rid of a bit more and I will be happy, as for my fitness that has improved for the better. This middle age fart is getting my health under control. :)

Eichhörnchen 10-07-16 05:33 PM

Good for you, mate. It should add some years to your life with any luck :yeah:

STEED 10-07-16 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen (Post 2439323)
Good for you, mate. It should add some years to your life with any luck :yeah:

All I need is a new Back as my one is worn out and the pain is really getting me fed up.

Mr Quatro 10-07-16 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2438831)
Just had a very good experience with the U.S Postal Service. Friday I stopped at my local guitar store for a new set of bass strings, six-string style, and they didn't have the ones I wanted. That night I ordered a set from Amazon. Since I have Prime they mailed them the next day with the promise that they'd be here Monday. Monday came and they weren't in my mailbox. Last night I checked the USPS website and it said they had been delivered to my mail box. Today I walked down to the local post office to complain. The manager there explained that since my apartment complex has three different sections, and each section is numbered 1-32, it was likely that the substitute carrier put it in the right box, but in the wrong section.

I went to the grocery store and then back home. I hadn't been home five minutes when my doorbell rang. It was the Post Office manager. She had driven over here, checked mail boxes and knocked on doors until she found who had my strings, and then hand-delivered them to my door. :rock:

Puts a new meaning in the words, "Obama Care" :D

Jimbuna 10-08-16 06:24 AM

Can't help but laugh at the dog who is sulking on the landing because he somehow knows today is his six-weekly visit to the dog groomers and he hates that :)

Catfish 10-08-16 07:09 AM

Hmm a bit sad, had to bury our latest cat yesterday. We saved her as an "emergency case", being obviously abandoned blind and deaf (some people!) some months ago, but after visiting the veterinary and a bit of care she developed well here. Then some days ago she suddenly began to snuffle badly, and to circle right all the time, and obviously suffered great pain. Found out it was a tumor in the head, probably also responsible for being deaf and blind, no chance to save her. At least she had it well in her last months. Yes i know it's only a cat.
We always had to accompany her when she went outside, but she learned to find her way everytime. That little tiger could really roar..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ps5wdctk4i.jpg

Schroeder 10-08-16 08:05 AM

Sorry to hear that.:cry:

Oberon 10-08-16 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2439395)
Yes i know it's only a cat.

No, it's a member of the family, and losing her is like losing a family member. It hurts, it hurts deep and you will mourn, it's only natural when you care for something that much, that when that something leaves you, you will miss its presence deeply.
My last cat passed away in March and I'm still deeply missing her, you have my sympathies Catfish, and I'll raise a glass to your little tiger, what was her name?

Catfish 10-08-16 09:52 AM

Regarding pets it has been a bad year, first in march our 12-year-long companion "Igor" died (~17 years), then we had a "Toby" for four weeks dying of inflammation of the pancreas (antibiotics did not help) and now "Tanja". The vet gave her cortisone, but it did not help for long. The two later ones were "emergencies" and we only "had" them for a short time, but it hurts.
Thanks.

Eichhörnchen 10-08-16 11:42 AM

Yes, my sympathies also. I had to put a bunny in the ground yesterday (Benji) but I still miss our cats all these years on; we still talk about them fondly and about their little ways... but we can't talk about them for long

Commander Wallace 10-08-16 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2439395)
Hmm a bit sad, had to bury our latest cat yesterday. We saved her as an "emergency case", being obviously abandoned blind and deaf (some people!) some months ago, but after visiting the veterinary and a bit of care she developed well here. Then some days ago she suddenly began to snuffle badly, and to circle right all the time, and obviously suffered great pain. Found out it was a tumor in the head, probably also responsible for being deaf and blind, no chance to save her. At least she had it well in her last months. Yes i know it's only a cat.
We always had to accompany her when she went outside, but she learned to find her way everytime. That little tiger could really roar..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ps5wdctk4i.jpg

There is no such thing as " Just a cat " This was a member of your family no matter if it was a cat, dog, horse or what ever.

Very sorry for your loss Catfish and yours as well Eichhörnchen and Oberon .

Eichhörnchen 10-09-16 04:17 AM

Just paid off the mortgage; the cashier drew a balloon with a smiley face on the receipt