SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Roll call for Subsim members MIA (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159552)

Growler 01-28-11 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1584571)
Yeah growler like we can decide when to die pffft :O:.

:DL

Still alive now, ain'tcha? That sounds like a decision NOT to die. So if we can decide not to die... doesn't that mean we're not deciding to die? :DL

Onkel Neal 01-28-11 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gargamel (Post 1584008)
What's also scary is how many other members should be on there.

Example, Nobody knows me. My wife wouldn't bother posting on here. If I fell over dead , nobody here would know, and being a newer member, I would be surprised if more than a couple cared.

That's not entirely true.

You see, part of the complex code built into this forum software by my golfing buddies from NASA includes a custom "HAL-matrix". All members here are scaled by their contributions to the intellectual discussions--the content of their posts and comments builds their HAL score within the system. Once you have made enough witty, helpful, funny (Cat thread posts actually subtract from the total, I think), or insightful posts, your HAL score reaches a certain threshold. From that point on the program's IdM system hooks up with your school records, job status, phone accounts, doctor's records, and FBI files if you happen to live in the UK (not sure why about that last bit). (No, we don't bother with your bank accounts, none of you have any real money anyway :O:). The SUBSIM system actually knows how you are, if you're alive or not, if you are naughty or nice (on license from You-know-who).

If a beer truck hits you, or you keel over dead from too much fatty foods, we know it. Flowers are sent to your next of kin.

Sailor Steve 01-28-11 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1584952)
if you are naughty or nice (on license from You-know-who)

Frau Kaleun?

Jimbuna 01-28-11 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1584957)
Frau Kaleun?

Penelope Grey?

TarJak 01-28-11 07:49 PM

:har::har::har:Avon Lady?

Takeda Shingen 01-28-11 09:52 PM

Sharkstooth

Sailor Steve 01-29-11 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1585406)
Sharkstooth

Ah, I should have known. The Queen of all things Subsim. Of course she would know.

TorpX 02-03-11 02:46 AM

Quote:

You see, part of the complex code built into this forum software by my golfing buddies from NASA includes a custom "HAL-matrix". All members here are scaled by their contributions to the intellectual discussions--the content of their posts and comments builds their HAL score within the system. Once you have made enough witty, helpful, funny (Cat thread posts actually subtract from the total, I think), or insightful posts, your HAL score reaches a certain threshold. From that point on the program's IdM system hooks up with your school records, job status, phone accounts, doctor's records, and FBI files if you happen to live in the UK (not sure why about that last bit). (No, we don't bother with your bank accounts, none of you have any real money anyway :O:). The SUBSIM system actually knows how you are, if you're alive or not, if you are naughty or nice (on license from You-know-who).

If a beer truck hits you, or you keel over dead from too much fatty foods, we know it. Flowers are sent to your next of kin.

With your super-duper "HAL-matrix", couldn't you just warn me about the truck instead? :haha:

Onkel Neal 02-03-11 02:47 AM

Can't get a licensing agreement with God to reveal the future, sorry.

Platapus 02-03-11 06:08 AM

Quote:

All members here are scaled by their contributions to the intellectual discussions--the content of their posts and comments .....

Finally, a use for those imaginary numbers I learned about in math classes. :yeah:

McBeck 02-03-11 08:50 AM

So given enought cat threads/post you could escape the HAL_matrix?

frau kaleun 02-03-11 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeck (Post 1589661)
So given enought cat threads/post you could escape the HAL_matrix?

I'm pretty sure this means Jimbuna is Subsim's Neo.

McBeck 02-03-11 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1589662)
I'm pretty sure this means Jimbuna is Subsim's Neo.

Would that make nickimcbee is Mr Smith?

Oberon 02-03-11 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1589555)
Can't get a licensing agreement with God to reveal the future, sorry.

I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that....

frau kaleun 02-03-11 12:34 PM

Quote:

if you are naughty or nice (on license from You-know-who).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1584957)
Frau Kaleun?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xslElWhAZB...Nation1910.jpg

FEAR ME!! :O: