SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Das Boot Sound Mod SH4 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150955)

Pile 05-09-11 06:21 PM

as it said, it kicks ass. i said it sounds in my last post and ment sounded :)

Sailor Steve 05-09-11 08:41 PM

Sorry. If I had reread your posts I would have known what you meant. You knew what you meant. Why didn't I? :oops:

swordfish1 06-19-11 06:12 AM

Dive Alarm

Have DBSM installed, great mod, but still getting American klaxon sound instead of German bells on diving, any fixes for this?

Sailor Steve 06-19-11 01:42 PM

I just went through and listened to the relevant files, and they are as they should be.

Go into Data/Sound and listen to Submarine_DiveAlarm_INT. It should play a whole routine of water sounds and the crew being ordered to diving stations. If it plays anything else then it didn't install properly and needs to be reinstalled. If it plays that then there is something wrong with the trigger for those sounds.

in_vino_vomitus 07-16-13 05:29 AM

I'm having a hard time finding words to describe how much I like this mod. It's a lot. Thanks for taking the time and effort to port it over.

Sailor Steve 07-16-13 09:00 AM

Thank you. It's because I liked the original SHII version so much that I took the time and effort to do it. It's all for my own selfish reasons. :sunny:

in_vino_vomitus 07-16-13 10:06 AM

I'm fine with selfishness of that type :)

in_vino_vomitus 07-17-13 10:23 AM

I've just found a stock sound file - The one that goes "relieve the watch" If I find it and just delete it is that going to be a problem? Do I need to replace it - If that's the case I was thinking I could just copy an existing file and change the name?

Sailor Steve 07-17-13 11:11 AM

It shouldn't hurt to just delete it, but you can copy and rename any of the "Yes, Sir" files. I blanked them all so they're ready-made for any others that need blanking.

in_vino_vomitus 07-17-13 11:49 AM

Done - now let's see what happens.....

in_vino_vomitus 08-01-13 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1096223)
Yes it can. Download the SH3 version. I included a folder with alternate sound files, which contain both that scene and the depth-charge sequence with Hinrich the soundman whispering/shouting "Wasserbomben!"

I'm not sure whether those are in the regular files or the alternate files, so you'll have to listen to them and place them in manually. I stopped using them myself, just because I got tired of hearing them constantly. I put them into SH3 Commander so they do play once in awhile for me.

I realise this says nothing good about my shooting skills, but I doubt I'd hear that enough to get bored with it, so I'm going to have a go at adding those files. Is it just a case of finding the right one in the sh3 version and dropping it into the folder in sh4? - also there are 9 sound folders, do I have to put a copy in each?

probably a really daft question, but although I have many skills, none of them are computer related :)

Sailor Steve 08-01-13 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus (Post 2093719)
IIs it just a case of finding the right one in the sh3 version and dropping it into the folder in sh4?

They both use the same type of sound file - .ogg - so it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure the name matches the proper SH4 format. I think they're the same file names, but I can't look to double-check right now, so you'll need to check it yourself.

Quote:

- also there are 9 sound folders, do I have to put a copy in each?
Yes. The game assigns a sound folder to each character, so if you change only the odd numbers and move your men around you'll get it sometimes, and sometimes not, which is nice, but it's hard to be sure which one you will get, so better to change them all.

Quote:

probably a really daft question, but although I have many skills, none of them are computer related :)
Same here. Everything I know is something someone here showed me. :sunny:

in_vino_vomitus 08-01-13 11:41 AM

I wondered why so many folders - anyway, I have the files now, so it's off to work I go :)

Many thanks
:salute:

Admiral Halsey 08-01-13 09:14 PM

How long does it normally take to install via JGSME?

airsangel 08-02-13 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2094064)
How long does it normally take to install via JGSME?

quite long....but i do recommend spax german sounds.....search in download