SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Thomsen's Sound Pack V 3.0, 3.1 & 3.2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134491)

Philipp_Thomsen 04-17-08 01:48 AM

GWX 2.1 RELEASED! :rock:

I just wish to tell everyone that my current sound pack V2 will WORK with GWX 2.1, but its not fully compatible. When enabling it via JSGME, it will acuse some incompatibilities, you can go ahead and enable it, for now.

Im already working on the V3 version of the sound pack which will be 100% compatible with GWX 2.1.

The release will be next week, or even this weekend.

Take care, guys! :up:

Venatore 04-17-08 03:27 AM

Modding like a demon my friend ;)

Philipp_Thomsen 04-17-08 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore
Modding like a demon my friend ;)

"U-boats were safer than airplanes. Proof was, there were more airplanes at the bottom of the ocean, than there were U-boats in the air during WWII"

:rotfl:

True... true...

Ven, I have some amazing ideas for the next sound pack... I was just thinking right now, since Im going to make 30 lines of creak sounds, I could edit one of the sound for very deep water to be a sound of bolts shooting around and glasses breaking, maybe even some screams... and maybe... maybe the capitan saying "easy guys... its just the pressure" (in german, of course). and maybe... maybe... and what it... I could... :hmm:

ichso 04-17-08 06:03 AM

*Throws a tiny wrench at PT*

The sounds are nice, but what I didn't like so much was the ambient interior sound of the boat.
There are just too many things from Das Boot to hear. And if you understand all that it's very irritating if somebody in the background constantly starts talking about football when you are actually trying to escape 3 destroyers above your head ^^.
I just copied the original GWX ambient sound file back.

Uber Gruber 04-17-08 07:09 AM

I like the Das Boot captain chatting in the background.....but then I don't understand German so its all atmospherical to me. That said, i can see how it might be annoying if you're a german speaker etc.

Philipp_Thomsen 04-17-08 07:10 PM

Exactly!

For those that don't understand german (90% of ppl here) the ambient sound is very atmorpherical.

For the next release, I'll make a new ambient sound, something around 30 minutes of sound, and I'll try to cut out any kind of speeches in the back, or at least cut out speeches that would be weird to listen while playing.

:up:

Fubar2Niner 04-18-08 03:56 PM

Great news PT, I'm drooling already, may even put off my install of 2.1 till your new pack arrives.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

McHibbins 04-19-08 12:18 PM

Hey Thomsen !

Just a suggestion ! Ask the Devīs from "Soundmod_Das Boot" (got it from the AOTD forum), if you can use some of their Speech.oog files for your next version.
Will help you to complete the movie:lol::up:.

Philipp_Thomsen 04-20-08 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHibbins
Hey Thomsen !

Just a suggestion ! Ask the Devīs from "Soundmod_Das Boot" (got it from the AOTD forum), if you can use some of their Speech.oog files for your next version.
Will help you to complete the movie:lol::up:.

I already have the full movie here in my computer (almost 5 hours, the complete version), and Im getting most of the sounds from it...

The V3 version should be out of the docks this week! :up:

McHibbins 04-20-08 04:06 AM

Jaaaa.......great !!! :rock:

moscowexile 04-20-08 05:02 AM

I know some football freaks that would talk about great goals even on their deathbeds.

Philipp_Thomsen 04-20-08 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowexile
I know some football freaks that would talk about great goals even on their deathbeds.

AGREED! :up:

Uber Gruber 04-20-08 03:47 PM

Thomsen...I think i've found a small bug, probably not important. If you activate your mod BEFORE switching to German Voices then the game crashes when switching to German Voices in the options menu.

However, if you switch to German Voices first then everything is fine.

Cheers...

Laffertytig 04-27-08 04:03 AM

any word on the next release?:)

Philipp_Thomsen 04-27-08 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Thomsen...I think i've found a small bug, probably not important. If you activate your mod BEFORE switching to German Voices then the game crashes when switching to German Voices in the options menu.

However, if you switch to German Voices first then everything is fine.

Cheers...

Thanks for pointing that out! :up: