SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Here it is!!!!!! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130034)

Schultzy 02-25-08 07:19 PM

Quote:

Is the exp pack still getting released on the 28th (UK) ?
Don't worry, i was also panicking about that, as i searched play last week and there was nothing, but some kind soul earlier in an other thread explained the problem. Apparently it's a Game exclusive release in the uk, so they're the only ones carrying the pre-order...so yes, it's still due on the 28th (afaik)

hth :)

Faamecanic 02-25-08 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic
Modders :up: Ubi :down:

I'm glad to see that you say Ubi, cause the responsible is Ubisoft, right, and definately not the dev team. Members of the SH4 dev team are nice people who could have done much more on this game if Ubi allowed them more time to develop it. :up: :sunny:

I would Never blame the dev team. They had GREAT vision for both SH3 and 4... but it is the publisher that put them under the unreasonable time constraints. Its just really cool that they have even been allowed to talk with and help the modders...

The dev team (Tiburon) for the Madden football franchise are not under such liberties with EA sports to share with the mod community, and if any of you played NFL Head Coach and the abortion of a sim that was...you would know what I mean.

Any who a big :up: to the DEVS and :up: :up: to the Modders who freely make this sim what it should be.

Faamecanic 02-25-08 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
[It is pretty amusing to read all the Ubi vs Devs posts. Without Ubi there would be no devs. Only Ubi was willing to finance this franchise under ANY set of restrictions. The nature of the computer game market dictated most of what we object to, and neither Ubi, the devs or we can change that. We should be very glad for what we have. Trashing Ubi for producing the best sub simulation franchise in the world is kind of silly.

Amazing.... the software community is the only one I know of where a product can be realesed half complete and the customer says we should be happy we have a product.

That is like me selling a car that has the control panel for airconditioning/heating, and a CD Changer radio that are not connected... Sure the car works great, gets you from point A to B reliably. But to get your AC and radio working you will have to get your buddy that is good with hooking this stuff up, and adding in the missing components to get it to work. Would that car ever sell... dont think so.

I know this is a charged issue...has been since SH3 was released.... I just find it a shame we are all willing to accept it. A very unique set of customers us software customers are (me included).

lv426 02-25-08 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schultzy
Quote:

Is the exp pack still getting released on the 28th (UK) ?
Don't worry, i was also panicking about that, as i searched play last week and there was nothing, but some kind soul earlier in an other thread explained the problem. Apparently it's a Game exclusive release in the uk, so they're the only ones carrying the pre-order...so yes, it's still due on the 28th (afaik)

hth :)

Cheers :up:

M. Sarsfield 02-26-08 11:16 AM

Quote:

I know this is a charged issue...has been since SH3 was released....
More like since SH2 was released. Lots of people were disappointed and PO'd over that mess. SH3 was a major improvement.

I think it all started with Microsoft releasing Flight Sim 2000, I think, and then immediately coming out with a huge patch after everyone bought it. Since then, everyone has been doing the same thing with their games - EA especially.

Saintaw 02-26-08 02:27 PM

???

I got it in a shop today here in Brussels, when i asked if it came out today, the clerk told me it's been up on the shelves since saturday... hmmm...

Have only started a Uboot campaign, I can't say for sure (I used to play SHIV with mods)... but the graphic engine seems optimised.

I'm now trying to see if I can copy the Tm Commands.cfg file as the default layout is driving me insane (out of habits) ... functions such as weather report, regular sonar scan are of course not in Vanilla.

John Channing 02-26-08 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
Quote:

I know this is a charged issue...has been since SH3 was released....
More like since SH2 was released. Lots of people were disappointed and PO'd over that mess. SH3 was a major improvement.

I think it all started with Microsoft releasing Flight Sim 2000, I think, and then immediately coming out with a huge patch after everyone bought it. Since then, everyone has been doing the same thing with their games - EA especially.

Nah... Falcon 4.0 in, what.... '98? A lot of people throw the term "unplayable" around a lot these days... but, at least for the campaign, that actually was unplayable.

Before that was Janes F-15, which used to crash everytime you fired an air to air missle when there was a mountain anywhere near you (in the Iran campaign).

This has been going on forever, and probably won't be going away anytime soon.

JCC

sergbuto 02-26-08 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintaw
I got it in a shop today here in Brussels...

At what price?

Saintaw 02-26-08 03:40 PM

14,99 €.

Paajtor 02-26-08 03:41 PM

I have it on pre-order at Bol.com, for €14,99...out in 2 days.

Saintaw 02-26-08 03:56 PM

Here are a few shots I took.

PS: Good news, the TM Commands.cfg file works just fine as far as i can tell.

M. Sarsfield 02-26-08 03:59 PM

Thanks for the screenies, Saintaw. Looking forward to trying this out.

Steel_Tomb 02-26-08 05:03 PM

If I'm honest, it looks like they just threw in the SHIII interior and put some post proces s effects in. Whats the command room like? Any different?

Torps 02-26-08 05:09 PM

Those U-Boats will make fine targets. hehe:rock:

Jimbuna 02-26-08 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Tomb
If I'm honest, it looks like they just threw in the SHIII interior and put some post proces s effects in. Whats the command room like? Any different?

You could well be right http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/621/thinkbigsw1.gif