SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   What kind of subsim skipper are you? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111236)

Capt.LoneRanger 04-09-07 04:20 PM

Hardcore.

When I shouted "ALAAAARM! FLUUUUUTEN!" in response to the outcome, my wife agreed. :hmm:

melendir 04-09-07 04:21 PM

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

The test did had a few direct hits :D
I have a gridmap when I play SH3... I don't use the redlamp though... Yes I play Dangerous Waters with "full" realism :)

Let's wait and see what NASA will do with those results... it did say that NASA is involved and it was written, so it has to be true... right? :88)

Mylander 04-09-07 04:22 PM

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

ps-Andrea the giant? Did Andre have a sister?

Yes, a little known fact - she was a big chick too...

Mylander

republicofpepsi 04-09-07 04:35 PM

STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."

donut 04-09-07 04:43 PM

Cut my teeth on SHCE,other that it's correct.Cool quiz.:sunny:

SgtWalt65 04-09-07 04:51 PM

Make my day! :up: :stare:

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".

But hey I wanted this title. This fits me better.
STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."

Shaffer4 04-09-07 04:54 PM

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER
Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. Your a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

I'm only 25.. but it fits... :arrgh!: especially that last sentence.. Looks like they have been watching me play Madden in franchise mode... well, except for that talking to them bit.. :rotfl:

Donner 04-09-07 04:57 PM

Hardcore.

Actually....I didn't expect to score anything less. :ping:

Rilder 04-09-07 05:01 PM

http://www.subsim.com/quiz/421px-Ern...gnine_Navy.jpg

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. Your a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

----------

I'm not that old though, I'm only 16 :roll:

SSBlitz. 04-09-07 05:08 PM

lol, I wish I could play at full realism. I am starting to toy with the idea. I am full realism except for the targeting.

Bertgang 04-09-07 05:08 PM

I seem to be one more hardcore skipper.
Strangely, my soul is for role-playing.
Someone should be a liar: me or the test.

Cptn_Enth 04-09-07 05:29 PM

Poll results...

Overkill 04-09-07 05:35 PM

http://www.subsim.com/quiz/421px-Ern...gnine_Navy.jpg

I'm feel'n kind'a old now. :lol:

d@rk51d3 04-09-07 05:36 PM

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!:

NightCrawler-SimHQ 04-09-07 05:56 PM

Does This Count as a Newbie!

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".