SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Rik007: SH-3 Night surface attack project [REL] (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=256218)

Kal_Maximus_U669 01-21-24 07:16 AM

SH-5 Volumetric Clouds for Moon mod with new cloud pictures

Well done Rik for this first round of testing...:yeah:
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...3-8-56-529.png

rik007 02-03-24 01:50 AM

Hi all, sorry I was slow lately due to some other obligations but I added the link to release 1.19 in the first post.

:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 02-04-24 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rik007 (Post 2901324)
Hi all, sorry I was slow lately due to some other obligations but I added the link to release 1.19 in the first post.

Many thanks Rik! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

rik007 02-04-24 11:03 AM

Thank you very much Fitzcarraldo!

toni007 03-12-24 06:17 PM

Great stuff but I seem to be having sensor issues. My crew fails to spot enemy ships until they detect me too so they immediately open fire on me. Somehow my crew failed to see armed trawler until he was within 500 meters away in a bit rough sea but visibility being alright. Second time PT boat closed in as well and opened fire on me immediately before I could react...I am not sure if this is caused by this mod or another but here is my mod list in case someone can help out:

GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
Seafloor texture 1024 X 1024
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
ARB WideGui 1920x1080
FixAllSubGWX
SH-5 Water for SH-3 20 Km Atlantic V1000
SH-5 Water for SH-3 Bigger Sun take 2
GWX - No Medals on Crew
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
SH-5 Moon mod
SH-5 Volumetric Clouds for Moon mod

I applied h.sie tycho and your patch 1.6D1 to sh3 exe.

thfeu58 03-13-24 06:35 AM

Great!
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Applaud:

rik007 03-13-24 01:41 PM

Hi Toni, During daylight or at night? What clouds, overcast? What year of the war? It does not change sensors.

Ok, I see that you use GWX. For which I did not include a profile. I can creatie one. But first I want to recreatie what you experience

Tabris 03-14-24 02:35 PM

great work on the mod! The moonlight is as realistic as it is beautiful. Unfortunately the instantly-changing weather thing does still happen for me, but less often and it's not as noticeable. Could the issue be with my installation, or is this normal? Thanks in any case, this mod is a must-have.

- Tabris

rik007 03-14-24 03:34 PM

Hi Tabris, if you use the environment mod you should not have the instant wheather changes anymore. Or better formulated: you should have the same experience as with the original environment of sh3. So there can still be bugs with the transition as they were there from the beginning.... :D

Some things I noticed:
  • The length of the change is variable though. Sometimes the wheather will change within a few minutes, sometimes it can take half an hour or so.
  • At the end of the transition you might notice a little flip where a then very weak sun - a vague disc - suddenly disappears.
  • Sometimes (rare), the sun shine through the clouds for a second

The last two are also tiny bugs coming with the original game. So not much we can do...

Tabris 03-14-24 03:52 PM

thanks, that makes sense. I never once played without mods (started with GWX, now using NYGM) so my grasp of what's vanilla or not isn't so great.

Doolar 03-14-24 09:12 PM

Thank you

had 2 questions , If I missed the answers sorry, but I did read the post first.

1. was the Merchant Ship Mod (full) issue corrected witl the new version (1.19)

2. (the dumb question) The installation instruction stated to run the patcher but it didn't state to copy the SH3.exe to that patcher folder. I would assume you do. is that correct.

I would like to use this for both NYGM HC (Fifi) and OneAlex 1.53

Thank you, for this excellent masterpiece.

rik007 03-15-24 03:12 PM

Hi Doolar,

1. was the Merchant Ship Mod (full) issue corrected witl the new version (1.19)

There was an issue with FPS performance. That one is solved as 1.19 has been optimized :yeah:.

The memory issue (CTD) with the full Merchant Ship Mod was unrelated to the night surface attacks mod as the CTD's also occured when only the full Merchant Ship Mod was enabled. The CTD's do not happen always so that makes it confusing.

2. (the dumb question) The installation instruction stated to run the patcher but it didn't state to copy the SH3.exe to that patcher folder. I would assume you do. is that correct.

Dumb questions do not exist for me and this is not even a dumb question at all :). The patcher will take the sh3.exe from your sh3 folder and store the patched sh3.exe into the 'SH-5 Moon mod' folder. So you only need to enable it afterwards with JSGME.

Dieselglock 03-15-24 04:32 PM

The weather changes for me have been awesome in the last 2 versions. I have only played Fifi's NYGM Enhanced recently so can not comment on other mods. :yeah:

Doolar 03-15-24 06:09 PM

Thank you

Thank you for your replys. Suppose to rain here tomorrow, now I got a project.

Doolar 03-16-24 09:06 PM

Up Date

Didn't rain today but I still messed around with the "Night Surface Attack Project" mod with OneAlex 1.53. Had 0 issues with installation and a test patrol, which is still in progress. I'm headed north to catch the Northern Lights if I'm lucky. Heres my mod soup if your interested. It's kinda robust, which is good for my test.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\ONEALEX\MODS]

Units without ponytails
No UMark
Negative buoyancy
Less Storm Waves
TKKS18 Uboats O2 dial
OA AttP ObsP Reticle Fix Onealex 1.53
OA Periscope Reticle Fix Deg Onealex 1.53
OA UZO Reticle Deg CENTER OA 1.53
OA AOBF Red c40000 Reticle Onealex 1.53
Merchant Ship Pack 'Full' for OA 1.53 Without Searchlights
SH-5 Moon mod
SH-5 Moon mod settings for OneAlex
SH-5 Volumetric Clouds for Moon mod
CapZap1970 - IXB OS Dalmatian Blue I (66-500)

feed back welcome. I'll mess with the "Night Surface Attack Project" mod with NYGM Enhanced HC when Fifi releases the next update.