SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] EAX sound simulation (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156911)

Bubblehead1980 09-05-11 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Owl (Post 1742742)
I would also be interested in knowing what that particles.dat file has to do with the sounds, since it conflicts with the excellent different smoke mod. I tried splicing both mods together in SH3ditor mostly as an educational experiment, but I don't know enough yet to make it work. I'm running a pretty thick mod soup based on RFB and RSRDC. Using EAX's sounds and the smoke mod's particles.dat seems to work pretty well... but I don't know what effects I might be missing from EAX this way.

Simply the smoke mod AFTER EAX and problem solved.

White Owl 09-05-11 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 1743263)

Yes, that's what I have installed now. Just ran into an issue where my deck gun doesn't sound right, like it's only playing a small part of the firing noise. So I guess particles.dat does influence the sounds somehow.

vickers03 09-06-11 01:11 PM

Quote:

should this thing be installed 1st or last? the readme says install 1st but surely if i install TM after it TM will copy over the sound files?
last:timeout:

Quote:

I would also be interested in knowing what that particles.dat file has to do with the sounds,
it adds the hydrophone sinking sound which didn't work in stock.

Quote:

correct, sorry for the confusion.

Laffertytig 09-06-11 01:58 PM

thought as much. one more question though, ive installed EAX after the smoke mod, will that any adverse affects on anything?

vickers03 09-06-11 04:49 PM

Quote:

thought as much. one more question though, ive installed EAX after the smoke mod, will that any adverse affects on anything?
i think this will disable the smoke mod.

Bubblehead1980 09-06-11 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laffertytig (Post 1743906)

install the smoke mod AFTER EAX, problem solved.

Bubblehead1980 09-06-11 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Owl (Post 1743266)
Yes, that's what I have installed now. Just ran into an issue where my deck gun doesn't sound right, like it's only playing a small part of the firing noise. So I guess particles.dat does influence the sounds somehow.

hmm maybe it seems like the deck gun is messed up but its not.The deck gun fires and if listen closely can hear the crew voices saying something like "READY, SET, LOAD" or something like that.EAX works fine for me, could be a conflict with your other mods, perhaps could listen your mods?

Armistead 09-06-11 07:16 PM

EAX has some good sounds and quality. Many run Pouls sound mod with it, but too many German accents and several of the sound files don't jive with TMO. I replaced all of these with my own sounds, plus several in the sound file itself. When a depth charge hits my boat, you know it...

White Owl 09-06-11 08:28 PM

Okay, I apologize for blaming this excellent mod for the problem with my deck gun sound. Thanks for answering the question.

:salute:

jldjs 09-07-11 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 1744057)
install the smoke mod AFTER EAX, problem solved.

I want to try the smoke mod (TMO17_19_different_smoke), I run TMO 2.1 with RSRDC, but I also use the splash effects mod (Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_TMO 2). They both contain particles.dat. In which order should install these mods?

vickers03 09-07-11 01:33 PM

Quote:

I want to try the smoke mod (TMO17_19_different_smoke), I run TMO 2.1 with RSRDC, but I also use the splash effects mod (Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_TMO 2). They both contain particles.dat. In which order should install these mods?
it's not compatible,
give me a link to the mod and i make a working particles.dat

jldjs 09-07-11 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 1744704)
it's not compatible,

Vickers03 smoke mod in the Download section. Here's a url http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1172

And, thanks for your help.
Edit this post.
Sorry Vickers, I sent the wrong link. This is the link for the splash effect (I hope).
http://www.mediafire.com/?h4migrb511ce807.

jldjs 09-11-11 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 1744704)
it's not compatible,

See my edited post with the corrected link. I've been away past week and just saw myfirst reply to you and realized I sent the wrong link. A "senior" moment is my only excuse!!

vickers03 03-24-12 12:11 PM

now supports latest TMO 2.5, OM/OMEGU

Bubblehead1980 03-24-12 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 1860161)
now supports latest TMO 2.5, OM/OMEGU

Awseome as I am running OM currently.Where is the updated link or did you update the link in the OP?