SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Mega-Mod for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123)

stoianm 02-01-11 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1587904)
I finally found out after 2 days of tearing my hair out why my sobers 100% underwater FX mod wouldnt work with Magnum Opus . I was also getting on occasion a faulting SHSim.act file and excessive sun glare in fog and other things . some PFX files wernt being read by the game .
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Filters\underwater in particular . After 2 days i tracked down the offending file to be
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Misc\underwater_dis p_map

It is saved as 32 bit whereas it should be saved as DXT5
http://www.filefront.com/17878640/un...r_disp_map.dds

Hi sober,

i was thinkig at this mod of yours - the mean of the mod is to have like ,,real visibility'' when you are sweeping your scope underwater:hmmm:

What i am not able to understand is why you are sweeping your scope underwater? - what advantage you have when you do that (when you sweep your scope under water?)

I was thinking at this and i am very curios:damn:

Realy apreciate an explanation!:03:

Best regards!:salute:

THE_MASK 02-01-11 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1587913)
Hi sober,

i was thinkig at this mod of yours - the mean of the mod is to have like ,,real visibility'' when you are sweeping your scope underwater:hmmm:

What i am not able to understand is why you are sweeping your scope underwater? - what advantage you have when you do that (when you sweep your scope under water?)

I was thinking at this and i am very curios:damn:

Realy apreciate an explanation!:03:

It was just an anti cheat .

stoianm 02-01-11 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1587925)
It was just an anti cheat .

Ok, i see - so if you are using for example the mod AilImpurity 1.2 or (the vanilla version) then you will be able to see very clear underwater at long distance and hunt ships with the scope underwater - that make the relity go.

Your mod it is like an anticheat to increase the reality of the game!:yep:

When the mod will be god to go i will use it?:up:

Timbo open seas 02-01-11 01:38 PM

help please thedarkwraith

Hi am a newbie :DL,
Had subsim 5 for a few months and tyred to install a few times and kept getting the graphic card out of date sorted it now,take no notice of it OK NOW,its a Geforce GTX470 with latest updates.

The problem is ThePatch 2 what do i install from the update and which order do i do it ? as a bit lost on this one sorry.

Thanks for any help Cheers Timbo :)

Ps use silent hunter 4 a lot.

Sorted it now Thank you H.T

Herr Trigger 02-01-11 02:00 PM

To Timbo open seas

Go to page 47 of this thread, post 693, all explained, but follow carefully!!

regards,

H.T.

Poacher886 02-01-11 02:25 PM

A quick couple of questions:

1. Its troubling me that 'My' Uboat (Type7a) may have a fixed max depth, that is, every new campaign with a type7a will always and only go to xxx depth before crushing, obviously, each and every boat would have had a different final depth all be it similar one in most cases. I've located the data/submarine/ type7a.cfg file. where i found the "Max depth" option which had a value of 200m. Now my question is, is this the depth the boat can go to before crushing? And if so, i will get my trusty assistant to type a new value between 200-225m without my knowing thus leaving me always guessing at the final depth!

2. This is a simple one. Im now on my second patrol having spent 22 days at sea in September....i've never seen any rain at all, is it modelled or did the environment mod remove it in some way??

Thanks

THE_MASK 02-01-11 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poacher886 (Post 1588370)
A quick couple of questions:

1. Its troubling me that 'My' Uboat (Type7a) may have a fixed max depth, that is, every new campaign with a type7a will always and only go to xxx depth before crushing, obviously, each and every boat would have had a different final depth all be it similar one in most cases. I've located the data/submarine/ type7a.cfg file. where i found the "Max depth" option which had a value of 200m. Now my question is, is this the depth the boat can go to before crushing? And if so, i will get my trusty assistant to type a new value between 200-225m without my knowing thus leaving me always guessing at the final depth!

2. This is a simple one. Im now on my second patrol having spent 22 days at sea in September....i've never seen any rain at all, is it modelled or did the environment mod remove it in some way??

Thanks

Brilliant idea :yeah:

Poacher886 02-01-11 03:30 PM

Thanks, i guess ive hit the right file then?

There are only three things that make 'your' boat different to evey other one of that type you will venture out on.

1. Its Number
2. Its Emblem
3. Its Max depth.

Lets at least cling to those three eh!

Silent Steel 02-02-11 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1580033)
sorry to hear some people are CTDing. I also have had no issues, other than the radio messages box not closing when i click the small X in its top right corner.

Also helps to state your rig setup/Operating System in case this can be narrowed to something like that.

I have a question too concerning the message box:

When I've read a message and want to delete it I hit the "Delete" but the message wont go away.
First after closing and then opening the box again the deleted message is gone... :hmmm:

//

WillyVic 02-02-11 05:31 AM

stoianm 02-02-11 05:39 AM

Cool!:up: Can you upload?

Thanks!

Magic1111 02-02-11 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1588948)
Cool!:up: Can you upload?

Thanks!

Yes, please upload ! :up:

Sokolov 02-02-11 02:56 PM

If i will install this mega mod, will it change russian languge (that i have), can i add some mods more, and can i delete some mods from this mega-mod? Thanks

Sokolov 02-02-11 02:57 PM

I wanna delete just Lite campain

stoianm 02-02-11 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 1589238)
I wanna delete just Lite campain

This version of MO that is now available to download has not yet the mod ,,lite campaign'' included. It will be in next version. So you do not worry about ,,lite campaign''.

Salute!