SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

frau kaleun 04-27-12 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Weyprecht (Post 1876042)
Hello,
I'm having problems with running SH3 Commander with multiple installs. I have three copies of SH3, a vanilla one in the default location and two others, in C:\U_sim\, one for GWX and one for NYGM. Using MultiSH3 tool, I renamed their \Documents folders, to "GWX" and "NTW" (for NYGM Tonnage War), the SH3 folder doesn't exist since I never ran the unmodified spare install. I inserted the /1: switch in the Commander's shortcut target but I still get an error message "Cannot find the \Documents\SH3..." file. Is there a way to make Commander find the cfg files in my GWX or NTW folders, or should I rename the one I'm planning to use to the default name (and change names when I want to play the other supermod)?

Sorry for reposting the question I already asked elsewhere...

The newest version of Commander no longer uses the switch in the shortcut target to identify which game installation you want to use it with. You give Commander that info within Commander itself.

If you go in Tools (or Toolbox, whatever) in Commander, in the first tab of the options box that pops up, there should be something that shows the drive/directory/folder location that Commander is using when it looks for your game installation. Next to it will be a Change or Browse button. You need to click that and direct Commander to the folder containing the game installation that you want Commander to control and launch for you.

If you are regularly playing more than one version of SH3, you can have multiple installations of Commander and set each one to work with a different version of the game, just make sure you rename all your Commander shortcuts so you know which one is which. :DL

Kpt. Weyprecht 04-27-12 04:49 PM

Got it! Thanks for help.

frau kaleun 04-27-12 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Weyprecht (Post 1876340)
Got it! Thanks for help.

No worries, I had the same problem myself. Fortunately it's an easy one to resolve. :DL

ragram 04-30-12 09:13 PM

Is SH3 Commander available in 2012?

I am new to SH3 at this late date, but can I still get SH3 Commander? All the links seem to be broken. Same for the community manual. It seems like a great game. I used to play Aces of the Deep, too.

Sailor Steve 04-30-12 10:31 PM

Subsim Downloads is your friend.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2923

Jimbuna 05-01-12 05:07 AM

Welcome Aboard ragram :sunny:

ragram 05-01-12 09:54 AM

Thanks for the help getting SH3 Commander. The downloads section is awesome!

Fubar2Niner 05-02-12 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragram (Post 1878147)

Welcome aboard mate, unfortunately the community manual is no longer available to my knowledge. Not sure if my memory is playing tricks here, but, I think I remember reading a post somewhere, suggesting it be redone or the like.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Magic1111 05-02-12 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragram (Post 1878147)

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard!!!:salute::salute::salute:

kojekude 05-02-12 10:51 AM

nothing really...

sorry to take up space and/or bother you, but i have to make some kind of comment in effort to download some files... stay well!

Jimbuna 05-02-12 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kojekude (Post 1878732)
sorry to take up space and/or bother you, but i have to make some kind of comment in effort to download some files... stay well!

No problem...welcome anyway :sunny:

Herr-Berbunch 05-02-12 11:02 AM

It's really no bother, please call again :salute:

Stevetry 05-05-12 04:12 PM

in the manual it talks about a NewsMod/RadioMod were can i get it ?

KPaxian 05-21-12 04:00 AM

great mod, will be using it for sure!

MultiDoc 05-22-12 02:09 PM

Not usre this is the right thread to post this, but here is the problem i'm having:

I tried it already in 3 campaigns and still persists, my captain don't ever get promoted. I know it's a very minor thing but tbh it annoys me. Everything else works perfectly except for this. No matter how good i do in a patrol/campaign my captain always remains an Lt Jr.

Can someone please help me resolve this ?

:06: