SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Wolves of Steel: Bugs, glitches and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238315)

Jeroin_mul 09-05-23 10:29 AM

Hi everyone!

There was a problem with the sextant. It turns on for me. But in sectarian mode, I can’t look at the sky above the horizon. It's like a barrier is blocking him. No one will tell you how to fix it? Steam game version twos 2.2.25.

Thank you!

Aktungbby 09-05-23 10:37 AM

Welcome aboard!

Jeroin_mul!:Kaleun_Salute:

Dobri 10-15-23 08:06 AM

TWoS install issue

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone

Up until just recently I've been playing a lot of UBOAT and decided to try out the Silent hunter series as it appears more realistic and in depth. However after i tried to install TWoS i couldnt do it properly. The same problem has already happend twice even after following the install instructions to the letter. While the Generic File Patcher is doing its thing i saw an error that it couldn't open a certain file, after that however there were no issues. Now i can only see 8 instead of the 9 patches that are supposed to be visible. I've attached a screenshot of the Generic File Patcher after its finished but before i clicked restore snapshot. Can someone tell me what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

1. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay/UConnect download, Steam, other) TWoS version?
I have the Ubisoft Connect version.

2. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems
Yes im pretty sure i have the latest version of the game.

3. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!
I have no other mods installed and after the first time my issue appeard i did reinstall the game and mod however the issue happend again the same way it did the first time

4. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2) Upload screenshot of opened Generic Patcher window and it's patches (Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/GenericPatcher.exe)
I've provided a screenshot as mentioned but i couldnt restore the snapshot as a patch was missing.

5. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!
Screenshots provided.

6. JSGME screenshot!

7. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
Detail provided

8. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.
I Couldn't even launch the game because of said issue

Thanks

Aktungbby 10-17-23 02:25 AM

welcome aboard!

Dobri!:Kaleun_Salute:

Zinmar 10-22-23 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobri (Post 2888271)
Hi everyone

Up until just recently I've been playing a lot of UBOAT and decided to try out the Silent hunter series as it appears more realistic and in depth. However after i tried to install TWoS i couldnt do it properly. The same problem has already happend twice even after following the install instructions to the letter. While the Generic File Patcher is doing its thing i saw an error that it couldn't open a certain file, after that however there were no issues. Now i can only see 8 instead of the 9 patches that are supposed to be visible. I've attached a screenshot of the Generic File Patcher after its finished but before i clicked restore snapshot. Can someone tell me what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

1. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay/UConnect download, Steam, other) TWoS version?
I have the Ubisoft Connect version.

2. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems
Yes im pretty sure i have the latest version of the game.

3. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!
I have no other mods installed and after the first time my issue appeard i did reinstall the game and mod however the issue happend again the same way it did the first time

4. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2) Upload screenshot of opened Generic Patcher window and it's patches (Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/GenericPatcher.exe)
I've provided a screenshot as mentioned but i couldnt restore the snapshot as a patch was missing.

5. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!
Screenshots provided.

6. JSGME screenshot!

7. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
Detail provided

8. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.
I Couldn't even launch the game because of said issue

Thanks

I find that I'm having the same issue. With the new system I bought it has Windows 11 on it compared to my last system which had 10. It ran fine on 10 but I also only had 8 of the 9 show up with an error for the 9th one. I forget exactly which one game the error.

This is my current system.

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 48.0 GB (47.7 GB usable)
Device ID F6EA6FBC-6996-4F27-A064-FEACA718521E
Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

fitzcarraldo 10-22-23 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinmar (Post 2889123)
I find that I'm having the same issue. With the new system I bought it has Windows 11 on it compared to my last system which had 10. It ran fine on 10 but I also only had 8 of the 9 show up with an error for the 9th one. I forget exactly which one game the error.

This is my current system.

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 48.0 GB (47.7 GB usable)
Device ID F6EA6FBC-6996-4F27-A064-FEACA718521E
Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

TWoS works fine in my W11. Check your compatibility mode, UAC and DEP.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

les green01 10-28-23 01:29 PM

works on window 11 for me with no errors have you try to go head run the game see if the changes took place

xfiles 11-06-23 10:15 AM

ubi error cod 1 ?

hi after launching the twos fullpack I got ubi error cod 1 ?

Ashikaga 12-01-23 12:41 AM

Has anyone had glitches occuring when using Dyn Env 2.9 brighter nights and Rusted Glory lights only?

The strange thing is that when I use Rusted Glory Interior and Dyn. Env. 2.9 brighter nights I have no issues.

Any info welcomed.

Best, Ashi.

GrenSo 12-01-23 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2894079)
Has anyone had glitches occuring when using Dyn Env 2.9 brighter nights and Rusted Glory lights only?

I don't use any of the two mods.

fitzcarraldo 12-01-23 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2894079)

The strange thing is that when I use Rusted Glory Interior and Dyn. Env. 2.9 brighter nights I have no issues.

Any info welcomed.

Best, Ashi.

I use Rusted Glory lights only without problems. I like the dark nights, but If I want brighter nights I use the addon mod of TWoS. Do not use Dyn Env; TWoS has a tweaked version of it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

blyons3 12-13-23 05:08 PM

Harbor Pilot Automation in SH5 TWoS 2.5 not playing

4 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I've installed and can play The Wolves of Steel v2.2.25 Mod to Silent Hunter 5. I can load the automation screen for TWoS. I can load the various Harbor Pilot scripts and even select and activate the Memel Departure script. However, when I try to launch it via the Play button, the button does not activate the script.

1. Version of the game? Steam/SH5 with TWoS v2.2.25 installed

2. Confirm that your game is updated to the official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems: It does.

3. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!: I'm not using any.

4. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2) Upload screenshot of opened Generic Patcher window and it's patches (Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/GenericPatcher.exe): See attached.

5. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!: See attached.

6. JSGME screenshot!: See attached.

7. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?: See above.

8. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.: See attached.

Danke Schon Herr Kaleun!:subsim:

blyons3 12-13-23 05:51 PM

Hmm. I got the Memel Harbor Pilot script to run. I loaded the Lorient Harbor Pilot script (even though I was in Memel Harbor) and got Lorient to start playing. I stopped the Lorient Harbor script, and then reselected Memel, and then it started playing the script.

- blyons3

Aktungbby 12-13-23 09:01 PM

Welcome aboard!

blyons3!:Kaleun_Salute:

blyons3 12-14-23 11:11 AM

Vielen Dank, Herr Admiral Aktungbby. :Kaleun_Cheers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2895584)
blyons3!:Kaleun_Salute:

HankDaTank92 02-07-24 09:56 PM

Game Crashes at Campaign Start

Hey everyone, I am running the steam version of SH5 with TWoS 2.2.25. No other mods are activated. The game loads fine and I can go through the load screen for a campaign but before I can continue where I left off before I installed the mod, the screen turns black and crashes to desktop. Im running no other mods besides this one. Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures on this computer.

Any thoughts?

Aktungbby 02-08-24 11:37 PM

Welcome aboard!

HankDaTank92!:Kaleun_Salute:

OLZS 02-09-24 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankDaTank92 (Post 2901858)
Hey everyone, I am running the steam version of SH5 with TWoS 2.2.25. No other mods are activated. The game loads fine and I can go through the load screen for a campaign but before I can continue where I left off before I installed the mod, the screen turns black and crashes to desktop. Im running no other mods besides this one. Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures on this computer.

Any thoughts?

You need to update the game to version 1.2.
Find the "SH5UpdateSteam.exe" file in The Wolves of Steel folders.
Run it and wait for the operation to finish. Then close the cmd window. :salute:

HankDaTank92 02-09-24 10:20 PM

So I was curious, started a new campaign....it works! So now my question is, do I really have to start over? I liked the progress I had in the vanilla version and contributed a lot of hours already, I hate to have to start from the beginning again.

OLZS 02-09-24 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankDaTank92 (Post 2902086)
So I was curious, started a new campaign....it works! So now my question is, do I really have to start over? I liked the progress I had in the vanilla version and contributed a lot of hours already, I hate to have to start from the beginning again.

You will have to start all over again. It doesn't work any other way. Before launching a new campaign, read the TWoS instructions in detail. :salute:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=211804