SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

mapuc 03-23-16 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2392000)
Nah, it's cool, the English language can be delightfully vague at times.
But yes, there is an element of powerlessness in modern society when it comes to the disconnection between those in power and those they hold power over. That's part of, I think at least, the reason that people are drifting to extreme left and right parts of politics because they are disillusioned with the status quo.

I follow some of our Danish and Swedish politicians on Facebook.

Also those who are outside the two parliament

From those party leader the words of action is strongest-That's is for me OK, they are working hard to get elected and almost everything goes.

What makes me sad is that many, so to say worship what these leader say, they do not understand that, when elected, its going to be something like "Sorry, you must have remembered wrong, we party XX haven't these thing " a.s.o They have been elected and can relax.....until its election day again.

Markus

Tchocky 03-23-16 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2392010)
Passenger flights now cancelled until Saturday. No word on cargo.

Flying into BRU from Dublin early Sunday morning. We'll see!

eddie 03-23-16 05:26 PM

if this article is true, more of the same that has happened in Brussels will happen again in Europe. Stay alert over there!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...hed/ar-BBqQ20q

eddie 03-23-16 05:33 PM

What they found at one of the terrorists apartment. A whole lot of stuff to cause as much carnage as possible!

"Authorities also found large stockpiles of bomb-building materials at his apartment in the Schaerbeek area of Brussels, the prosecutor said: 33 pounds of TATP explosives, nearly 40 gallons of acetone, eight gallons of hydrogen peroxide, detonators and a suitcase full of nails and screws."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...say/ar-BBqOOw2

momo55 03-23-16 08:38 PM

So proud to be a Belgian :

Just hours after the horrific attacks in our capital Brussels, Belgians are fighting back with kindness.
Using the hashtags #Ikwilhelpen or "I want to help", and #OpenHouse, they are offering help to those stranded after the blasts on tuesday morning Belgian time put the city under lockdown.

While some were offering their homes, others were offering to pick up stranded people and drive them to safety.

My deepest sympathy & best wishes to all families & friends of those who have died or were injured by this dreadful attack .

Oberon 03-23-16 08:55 PM

No doubt there will be some who will want to rain on their parade, but I say good on them. We will be hit, we will be hurt, but we will not become what they want us to, what their propaganda paints us as.
I hope we won't anyway. :yep:

em2nought 03-23-16 10:40 PM

Hopefully the Donald will lend-lease you guys a few "special" presents for our common foe. Presents they should have received fifteen years ago. :03:

Bubblehead1980 03-24-16 01:13 AM

Tolerance kills, hope Europe gets it's act together.

Catfish 03-24-16 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2392045)
if this article is true, more of the same that has happened in Brussels will happen again in Europe. Stay alert over there!

Yes thanks, but it looks like it is only a matter of time :stare:

You can fight a regular army, and you can wage war against other countries, but fighting terrorism cannot be done like a "war". This is even more "asymmetrical" than fighting partisans or Daesh in Syria.
You need to infiltrate the scene, contact the right persons etc, the regular police is not trained for the job, nor have they enough men here in Germany. And you have to do that years, before they organise those crimes.
"They" can be everywhere, which adds to the feeling of insecurity, and thatis of course exactly what they like us to feel.

It is however good to see how the european police is working together and transferring information, after some initial 'friction'. Whatever happens, we will not show the white feather, leave the EU and hope for the best. Jetzt erst recht!

So sorry for Belgium, and all those who suffer.

Betonov 03-24-16 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2392088)
Tolerance kills, hope Europe gets it's act together.

No, being tolerant to the intolerant kills. Like islamists, far right and you.

Nippelspanner 03-24-16 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2392093)
No, being tolerant to the intolerant kills. Like islamists, far right and you.

:huh:

Betonov 03-24-16 04:41 AM

And let me just ad, the far left, naive, moronic, out of touch with reality.
Let's be fair to both sides.

(far left as the regressive left, not commies)

Catfish 03-24-16 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2392103)
...Let's be fair to both sides.
(far left as the regressive left, not commies)

You are right, there are not much real commies left. :O:

Betonov 03-24-16 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2392106)
You are right, there are not much real commies left. :O:

The biggest commie I know (I swear, if you stand to close to him you can hear partisan songs comming out of his ear) owns 3 micro hydroelectric plants

Oberon 03-24-16 06:19 AM

I had the misfortune of seeing Bubbles earlier pre-edited reply where he praised the rise of the hard right in Europe. :dead:

http://www.lindberghkidnappinghoax.com/heil.jpg

Subnuts 03-24-16 06:40 AM

Good thing Joseph Stalin, Nicolae Ceaușescu, Benito Mussolini, Francisco Franco, Erich Honecker, Slobadan Milosevic, Enver Hoxha, and That Guy with the Mustache didn't give into the evil of tolerance. Fellow Europeans could have been killed! :o

Oberon 03-24-16 06:47 AM

Quite so. :haha:

I must just correct my previous statement, he didn't praise the rise of the hard right, his exact quote was "Hopefully the hard right will make a come back in Europe..."

Tchocky 03-24-16 06:54 AM

These events are depressing enough without the usual round of "told-you-so" from the falling sky merchants.

In other news, the train station in Maastricht was closed off last night due to a suspicious package. I was walking past as the bomb squad arrived.

http://i.imgur.com/DRrzeDw.jpg?1

Nothing was actually found but it illustrates how things are going.

Fun times.

Betonov 03-24-16 06:55 AM

Europe does need a soft right though, someone to put the foot down and introduce some reasonable measures. Reasonable.

But a soft right is not votable by the terrified population :nope:

Oberon 03-24-16 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchocky (Post 2392134)
These events are depressing enough without the usual round of "told-you-so" from the falling sky merchants.

In other news, the train station in Maastricht was closed off last night due to a suspicious package. I was walking past as the bomb squad arrived.

Nothing was actually found but it illustrates how things are going.

Fun times.

I remember the days back during 'The Troubles' when it was almost a daily occurrence that a tube station in London would be briefly closed because of a 'suspicious package', if you watch Michael Palins 'Eighty Days Around the World' it happens on his return to the UK.
Sadly there will be a lot of heightened tensions in Belgium, France, Holland and the UK over the next few months, well...I say sadly, but honestly it's probably for the best, so long as we don't have another De Menezes incident, and also we must be careful not to harrass ordinary non-radical Muslims and risk pushing them into the camp of the extremists.