SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Ui-Boat V5.xx (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173147)

reaper7 02-12-12 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfit_dave (Post 1837693)
Hi REAPER7,

I too am experiencng exactly the same issues as Lewis with v5.02. I have started a new campaign and it is the only installed mod. SH5 is patched and has the following fixes: hydro, anti lag and 4Gig. I hope this will aid you running the issue to ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis Wingerter (Post 1837733)
Hi Reaper I forgot to put in that I had 2 empty boxes at the bottom of the screen(middle) which had the word speed next to it . That was also in the bunker at start up.

I must be missing a file in the Mod thats present in my actual SH5 Game Installation folder - that would explain why it works ok for me and not you guys.
Now since V5.01 worked it must be included with that one.

Did you try try Installing V5.01 and then Install V5.02 over it to see if it works that way - if so then its definitely a missing file in V5.02

Appreciate the Bug reports - helps me to track down the issue. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luken (Post 1837781)
Hello Reaper7,
I just wanted to thank you for your work with SH5 UI, I installed it and using now in version 4.14, it's just awesome, immersion is almost full, it's a shame that navigation is still simplified, but even with it it's great, so this post is not about whining, seeking for help or demanding, just personal thanks :salute: . I'm looking forward to 5.XX. :)

Thanks Luken, I'm looking into creating a Real Navigation addon to the Mod. Just need to find out whats required to implement such a matter.
E.g Sextant 2nd clock for GMT etc ;)

TheDarkWraith 02-12-12 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1837815)
Thanks Luken, I'm looking into creating a Real Navigation addon to the Mod. Just need to find out whats required to implement such a matter.

Do it without using my work as a reference and/or copying my work :shifty:

Luken 02-12-12 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1837829)

Am I smelling a competition? :D

Lewis Wingerter 02-12-12 04:32 PM

Hi Reaper I tried installing 5.02 over 5.01 and got the same as before.

DrJones 02-12-12 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1837815)

Hey Reaper,

great Idea. Still also thinking about implementing a Real Navigation.
If you want to we can work together on it.

Best Regards so far

DrJones:salute:

DrJones 02-12-12 04:59 PM

Quote:

Oh my goodnes....this topic will never die....

are you afraid again that someone steals your laurels?

instead of thinking everybody will steal your ideas and work, i would await from someone like you to offer support and readiness to answer some questions about that.

The only way to create an implementation like that is to learn how the mechanism are working in sh5 for real navigation. It can't be copied. It has to be done by ourself. The way here is understanding and not copy it.

No One will steal your work or use it as a reference. I don't do it and i think reaper also does not something like that.

Best Regards

xfit_dave 02-12-12 05:07 PM

Reaper7,

as suggested I have tried installing v 5,01 and then 5.02 over the top, but the issues discussed previously remain. Sorry I can offer no further insight.

reaper7 02-12-12 06:14 PM

Quote:

No worries, I don't steal others work - I only share my work with others as I have offered and shared all my work with you don't forget. :yep:
I have figured out my own solution to the same problems you solved in my own way - completly different but the same outcome :03:

I'm not here for glory or fame, but to share what I learn with a community but I enjoy to hang out and to give back what I can. :up:

reaper7 02-12-12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis Wingerter (Post 1837878)
Hi Reaper I tried installing 5.02 over 5.01 and got the same as before.

Thanks Lewis, I'll Investigate the change I made in the page.ini files etc to see if somethings up. :up:

sidmo001 02-12-12 06:19 PM

Any idea if this mod can be used with OH II v1.7, as I get the following errors when enabling it through GME.

"NF_Boat_1_sil.dds" has already been altered by the "OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7" mod.
"NKMSS_HogIsland.cfg" has already been altered by the "OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7" mod.
"NKSCS_N3SA1.cfg" has already been altered by the "OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7" mod.

reaper7 02-12-12 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1837888)
Hey Reaper,

great Idea. Still also thinking about implementing a Real Navigation.
If you want to we can work together on it.

Best Regards so far

Sure DrJones it would be a pleasure to work with you on this.
I have PM'ed Mav87th about some ideas he had about creating a working Navigation that I believe I can bring to fruition.
Will let you know when I hear back - In the meantime I'll PM you his ideas for you to look over :up:

Michal788 02-12-12 07:24 PM

Quote:

Says Apple to Samsung.

TheDarkWraith 02-13-12 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1837893)
Oh my goodnes....this topic will never die....

are you afraid again that someone steals your laurels?

I will not have happen to me what did with SH3. Never again :stare:
If I had put everything I've done to this game python wise into dlls majority of you all would still be trying to figure out the menu editor...

reaper7 02-13-12 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidmo001 (Post 1837942)
Any idea if this mod can be used with OH II v1.7, as I get the following errors when enabling it through GME.

"NF_Boat_1_sil.dds" has already been altered by the "OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7" mod.
"NKMSS_HogIsland.cfg" has already been altered by the "OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7" mod.
"NKSCS_N3SA1.cfg" has already been altered by the "OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7" mod.

Thats ok, will work no problem :up:
May need to use the V4.14 though - seems to be an issue with V5.02. Will update once I figure out the problem.

sidmo001 02-13-12 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1838045)
Thats ok, will work no problem :up:
May need to use the V4.14 though - seems to be an issue with V5.02. Will update once I figure out the problem.

Hey there mate

With the v5.02 I have ran into this graphical problem.

http://s13.postimage.org/ftghknw7b/s...0_09_12_79.png

&

http://s16.postimage.org/i2aqw3k6d/s...0_09_31_73.png

I get this crazy UI when ever load the mod, with and without other mods.

Any clue what might be causing this?