SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

goldorak 11-25-09 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey111 (Post 1209138)
pjb1 - You didn't understand what I'm trying to say. TLAM missles firing from AI US DDG are not hitting the target. Just flying over it and not hit it.
This what I was trying to describe to goldorak. But I think he missed that I was talking about AI DDG not controlable sub.

Ah sorry I must have missed it. I think the problem is how the TLAMs work (either launched from a controllable unit or AUI unit). Thats why I recommended to read the weapons manual. It states very clearly (and there was another discussion on this forum about the issue) that TLAM's have great difficulty following terrain and hitting targets inland. You HAVE to position the targets near the coast, or at least in a zone where the depression is not to big so as not to make the TLAM crash in the terrain.

If on the other hand you are targeting targets in the open (oil platforms etc...) and it doesn't work then I guess its a genuine bug.

Sea Demon 11-26-09 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldorak (Post 1209151)
that TLAM's have great difficulty following terrain and hitting targets inland. You HAVE to position the targets near the coast, or at least in a zone where the depression is not to big so as not to make the TLAM crash in the terrain.

OK, I wasn't going to say anything because of my oversight in not reading the manual more carefully the last time. But that answers another one of my questions. This time, it's not me who's doing things wrong. :oops:

I hope this gets fixed. I sometimes like targeting TLAM's into more mountainous regions for potential scenarios...ala Iran. What happened during the modding which prevented this function from working???

goldorak 11-26-09 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Demon (Post 1209295)
OK, I wasn't going to say anything because of my oversight in not reading the manual more carefully the last time. But that answers another one of my questions. This time, it's not me who's doing things wrong. :oops:

I hope this gets fixed. I sometimes like targeting TLAM's into more mountainous regions for potential scenarios...ala Iran. What happened during the modding which prevented this function from working???

I don't know. When I came across this "feature" during the beta test I thought it was a bug and reported it. If I recall correctly TLAMs worked more or less in Lwami and AT mods, but there is something in RA that prevents TLAMs from following the terrain and hitting the targets way inland.
I have no idea if it will be fixed. :oops:

whiskey111 11-26-09 08:32 AM

Thank You Goldorak. I have another two questions:
1. termal layer - how it works in RAmod because I have a feeling that it is not so "strong" as it is in LWAMI mod

2. I'm interesting in particularly subs noise level. Can You make some kind of a diagram of it, which will show us different noise at different speed in comparison to all other subs ?

Pumpkin 11-27-09 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin (Post 1209047)
Hi,

DWX appears not to work with DWEdit. Is there a version of DWEdit out there that works with DWX? :hmmm:

Anyone know? :-?

goldorak 11-27-09 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey111 (Post 1209424)
Thank You Goldorak. I have another two questions:
1. termal layer - how it works in RAmod because I have a feeling that it is not so "strong" as it is in LWAMI mod

You're mistaken on this point.
The intensity of the layer is obviously not constant because it depends on the specific ssp profile between mission and mission, but you can get pretty dramatic effects sometimes.

Quote:

2. I'm interesting in particularly subs noise level. Can You make some kind of a diagram of it, which will show us different noise at different speed in comparison to all other subs ?
No no chart. You'll have to tabulate the values yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin (Post 1210052)
Anyone know? :-?

The database is locked in this version. A future version will have an open database.

whiskey111 11-29-09 04:30 AM

I have a question but it is not connectd now with RA mod.
Is this possible to add (in the nearest update/patch) a key combination for "antena up/down" order ? It will be very useful for people who play DW and use some kind of voice communicator (Ventrillo/Team Spek). There will be possibility to use this key combination and connect it to voice communicator order - volume mute/volume down.

This will add a huge upgrade to multi session games :)

Hawk66 11-29-09 10:46 AM

just a question concerning mast/periscope detection (by radar): is this planned/fixable for RA? Would be cool :|\\

Anyway, thanks for your hard work!

MR. Wood 11-29-09 01:29 PM

There is a way to simulate Mast dection for time being slightly brouch with say 2 ft of sail to where it makes a wake then just go deeper:arrgh!: to end it

LoBlo 12-06-09 01:21 AM

Found a bug in the akula II model. Whenever a player passess 15 knots the bow planes wing out and disconnect from the model (instead of moving in).

On a side note. What's planned for DWX 1.1?

LoBlo 12-06-09 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldorak (Post 1210126)
The database is locked in this version. A future version will have an open database.

Locked? Pooh. What's the fun in that.:down:. I wonder what program the Mod team is using to make their edits?:hmmm:

fitzcarraldo 12-09-09 02:01 PM

[

On a side note. What's planned for DWX 1.1?[/QUOTE]

I make the same question...:yep:

Regards

Fitz :salute:

Bob117 12-11-09 12:41 PM

another idea for dwx

hey i read a wikipedia article on surface ships and i was wondering if ots over the side torpedo decoys could be added to the ohp and the udaloy ddg? that would be so much better than just that towed decoy

Pumpkin 12-12-09 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBlo (Post 1214733)
Locked? Pooh. What's the fun in that.:down:. I wonder what program the Mod team is using to make their edits?:hmmm:

Here's hoping this will be in DWX 1.2? :yep:

dyshman 12-14-09 10:09 AM

Good news, everyone! (c)
new 3d-modell of victor 3 wiil be included in DWX 1.1
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=69
and Victor-s 1 and 2 will be playable!!!!
more news at redrodgers.com )))