SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [INF] sobers Subsim Bonus Mega Mod All In One 1421 20072017 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374)

THE_MASK 10-23-12 09:21 PM

Weather , particularly fog plays an important role in the game now .
Medium fog is quite heavy because this has to make up for the rainy or stormy days with no poor visibility or heavy sea spray which doesnt affect visibility .
Overall the number of poor visibility hours for a given calendar year is quite realistic i think .
Waiting out the heavy fog .
http://i45.tinypic.com/343kn0m.jpg

Luckybastard 10-24-12 04:19 AM

Hi sobers, i want to activate Speech Recognition_MiTons with your mod list, in which order in the mod enabler can i do this?

THE_MASK 10-24-12 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckybastard (Post 1952039)
Hi sobers, i want to activate Speech Recognition_MiTons with your mod list, in which order in the mod enabler can i do this?

I dont know , someone else might know .

Mikemike47 10-24-12 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckybastard (Post 1952039)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1952041)
I dont know , someone else might know .

I enabled Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english after all my 66 mods and found not conflicts using the Jones Generic Mod Enabler. I use sober's list as a base starting point.
Try the same for you. If there is file or folder conflicts, we need a modlist of yours to help you then.

volodya61 10-24-12 08:48 AM

Quote:

I do not recognize this mod. Can you provide a link?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3085

Luckybastard 10-24-12 10:24 AM

Ok guys thanks for your help! i'll try it

THE_MASK 10-25-12 01:03 AM

Changed a couple of mods , added one mod , no need to restart a campaign if you already have a recent MEP file . Just load the new MEP file .

Targor Avelany 10-25-12 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 1952121)

I love my voice recognition. After a bit of training the recognition, the mistake % dropped down to about 1-3%.... and half of them are my fault by rushing too much and messing up the order.

And the benefits are amazing: I can correct the course, speed - pretty much anything - while concentrating on calculation of manual targetting in the hunt or trying to sneak away from DDs..

LoTeK_ 10-26-12 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1952374)
Changed a couple of mods , added one mod , no need to restart a campaign if you already have a recent MEP file . Just load the new MEP file .

Nice, but could you explain what the mods do? Or provide a link to thread/explanation in the download page? Most have it but some (like this one) are very criptic.
Also could you elaborate some more what were the changes to existing list? Takes away two seconds for you but ages for us to hunt the list for changes, likely missing some of them.
Please consider adding a version number to the mod list and a small 'changelog' somewhere in the post showing changes through time.
I know you do this in your free time but since you're doing a great effort for the community I'm sure many people would be willing to donate a modest sum if you show a magic button on first post (subsim's rules permitting of course).

LoTeK_ 10-26-12 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 1952569)
I love my voice recognition. After a bit of training the recognition, the mistake % dropped down to about 1-3%.... and half of them are my fault by rushing too much and messing up the order.

And the benefits are amazing: I can correct the course, speed - pretty much anything - while concentrating on calculation of manual targetting in the hunt or trying to sneak away from DDs..

Cool!! I'd like this too but have the game in italian with voices in german (for realism reasons).
I'm able to understand basic reports in german but speaking it is all another matter.
With that mod can I issue orders in english on a german crew?
Wouldn't be very realistic but I could live with it, if possible.

gap 10-26-12 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoTeK_ (Post 1952819)
Cool!! I'd like this too but have the game in italian with voices in german (for realism reasons).
I'm able to understand basic reports in german but speaking it is all another matter.
With that mod can I issue orders in english on a german crew?
Wouldn't be very realistic but I could live with it, if possible.

I am Italian too, and I am owner of a localized version of win7 home premium.

Too bad, voice recognition is not supported for the Italian version of the operating system: unlike English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Chinese users, owners of other localizations of Windows should install the english language pack in order to be able to use voice recognition. But this is not possible for home edition: for doing it you are forced to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate. :nope:

Someone posted a workaround on this forum for making it possible to install the language pack anyway, but it never worked for me... :hmph:

Nevyn 10-26-12 08:24 AM

Thanks for this thread, it was a great help to me:up:. I cant believe how crap the stock game is compared to this. I have restated playing this game a few times from when I first bought it, always got frustrated with it... but never say die, and now I can't stop playing and I keep cranking up the realism as I figure stuff out, my wife is not going to be happy, dam.......lol. :hmm2:

Lucerillo 10-26-12 10:41 AM

Quote:

Because i now use IO_StrategicMap_4_7_for_TDWv710 you have to use the application
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications \OptionsFileEditorViewer
and enable the Maps\are the map tools shown as objects vice a bar (required for Obelixs io strategic map mod support)
change to True .

Make sure the mod is not enabled with the mod enabler before using the OptionsFileEditorViewer
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................
If you want to enable the snorkel the nyou will have to use the application
and enable the Submarin\snorkel
change to True for whatever sub type you want the snorkel to work on .

I can't find "Maps\" and "Submarin\" in OptionsFileEditorViewer folder.

patof789 10-26-12 03:06 PM

Quote:

I can't find "Maps\" and "Submarin\" in OptionsFileEditorViewer folder.
A previous post (Mine):

(Make SURE the mod is not enabled)

OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe
File
Set path to menu.txt...
C:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu\ menu.txt

Set SH5 install path...
C:\Silent Hunter 5

File - 1st Open
C:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

Message Box
Set time compression level to 1 on any message box text
TC1OnAnyMessageBoxText = True
Click on File, Save

Time compression
TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel = 1024
Click on File, Save

Maps
Are the map tools shown as objects vice a bar (required for Obelix's IO Strategic Map Mod Support)
MapToolsAsObjects = True
Click on File, Save

I GAVE some examples, how to use the Options File Editor

Do the same for the snorkel

(Make SURE the mod is enabled)

If you want to enable the snorkel then you will have to use the application NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications \OptionsFileEditorViewer,
and enable the Submarin\snorkel
change to True for whatever sub type you want the snorkel to work on.

:know:

THE_MASK 10-26-12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoTeK_ (Post 1952809)
Nice, but could you explain what the mods do? Or provide a link to thread/explanation in the download page? Most have it but some (like this one) are very criptic.
Also could you elaborate some more what were the changes to existing list? Takes away two seconds for you but ages for us to hunt the list for changes, likely missing some of them.
Please consider adding a version number to the mod list and a small 'changelog' somewhere in the post showing changes through time.
I know you do this in your free time but since you're doing a great effort for the community I'm sure many people would be willing to donate a modest sum if you show a magic button on first post (subsim's rules permitting of course).

Load the new MEP file before putting the new mods in the mod enabler and the mod enabler will tell you what the new mods are :yep: