SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

Anachronous 08-16-11 08:04 PM

Recently got back into SH5, updated all my mods and started a new Career.

This UI is absolutely fantastic, however, I do have a couple issues.

Range finding using the periscope (Aligning the image), always results in a distance of 20000. I'm also struggling with the Speed. Often the speed will give me silly numbers like 70 knots instead of 7 (stopped the boat, timed 1 minute, hit the icon and wait for calculation).

I have followed the tutorials for using these options, but I feel like I must be doing something wrong?

Aside from the issues I'm having, is there an easy/automatic mode for these calculations that is reliable. There are sometimes I am feeling lazy and don't feel like doing it all myself or have limited time and want to get through he battle ASAP so I can save the game safely. I've tried leaving the TDC in off mode, and relying on the little green triangle like one does in the base game, but it will always miss.

TheDarkWraith 08-16-11 09:18 PM

while travelling back to home via airports I worked on the Attack Disc again. I redid how the attack disc is used. You now use the mousewheel for everything on the attack disc. You press either shift, ctrl, alt, shift + ctrl, or nothing to control which disc is rotated by the mousewheel. This is a MUCH better approach to moving the discs. I also added a tooltip to the attack disc that explains how to rotate the discs.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=4746

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=4745

I also revised the tooltips on the RAOBF and the draggable compass on the nav map:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=4748

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=4747

With these changes/improvements it should make using these items much easier and intuitive :up:

Will be available in next version.

Change log so far:
v6.7.2 - changed how the attack disc is used. Now all discs are rotated using the mousewheel. If the front side is visible and mousewheel is rotated and:
- no key pressed: rotates Compass rose
- shift pressed: rotates Target disc
- ctrl pressed: rotates bearing and lead angle
- alt pressed: rotates attack course pointer
- shift + ctrl pressed: rotates relative bearing
if backside is visible and mousewheel is rotated and:
- shift pressed: rotates Speed and distance
- ctrl pressed: rotates time
- alt pressed: rotates degrees
- added tooltips to the attack disc that informs the user how to rotate the discs
- revised tooltip on the nav map draggable compass

I'll also be revising the ship's journal viewer app. One of the changes will be the ability to show/hide the 'secret' entries in the journal. When you hide these secret entries then the journal will be just like you see in-game.

I should have the app complete for the GUI for editing the options file also in next version. I see this app as a must have due to the amount of errors I've seen posted about incorrectly editing the options file.

mia389 08-16-11 09:46 PM

Great updates TDW!

Can you add something to the ship journal app to make "like save as text" or something? I would like to be able to copy the text from my journal and put it in a notepad or something.

TheDarkWraith 08-16-11 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mia389 (Post 1729532)
Great updates TDW!

Can you add something to the ship journal app to make "like save as text" or something? I would like to be able to copy the text from my journal and put it in a notepad or something.

I will add that to my list of updates for the ship's journal viewer app :up: Any other requests?

mia389 08-17-11 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1729564)
I will add that to my list of updates for the ship's journal viewer app :up: Any other requests?

Sweet. Then I can start my online journal :D. No other request from me. I am loving this sim :rock:

Echolot 08-17-11 03:58 AM

Hello TDW.

Great work on the UI as ever.

:yeah:

BTW I see a little typo in the second picture tooltip (mousesheel instead of mousewheel)

Best regards.

Echol:ot.

TheDarkWraith 08-17-11 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echolot (Post 1729703)
BTW I see a little typo in the second picture tooltip (mousesheel instead of mousewheel)

Excellent eyes :up: Darn laptop keyboards :shifty:

It was also pointed out to me via PM that I need to add more to the tooltip on the attack disc: how to switch sides

TheDarkWraith 08-17-11 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mia389 (Post 1729532)
Great updates TDW!

I've added some new things to the ship's journal viewer app:
- a View entry in the menu. Under this view entry is Hidden entries. Clicking on Hidden entries will toggle it's checkstate. If checked then the hidden entries in the journal will be shown. Default state is not checked.
- Under File I added a Save as txt... entry. When clicked it will save the journal as a txt file (you get to specify name and path). It will save the journal as a txt file by the following:
- Uboat hull number followed by space followed by captain's name followed by 2 tabs then the date and time
- entries for that day (HH:MM entry text)
- when it's the next day then 4 new lines will be printed and the cycle starts all over again
- hidden entries will only be saved to txt file if Hidden entries is checked under View

mia389 08-17-11 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1730047)
I've added some new things to the ship's journal viewer app:
- a View entry in the menu. Under this view entry is Hidden entries. Clicking on Hidden entries will toggle it's checkstate. If checked then the hidden entries in the journal will be shown. Default state is not checked.
- Under File I added a Save as txt... entry. When clicked it will save the journal as a txt file (you get to specify name and path). It will save the journal as a txt file by the following:
- Uboat hull number followed by space followed by captain's name followed by 2 tabs then the date and time
- entries for that day (HH:MM entry text)
- when it's the next day then 4 new lines will be printed and the cycle starts all over again
- hidden entries will only be saved to txt file if Hidden entries is checked under View

Perfect :woot:

TheDarkWraith 08-17-11 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mia389 (Post 1730053)
Perfect :woot:

You have PM....enjoy :03:

Trevally. 08-17-11 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anachronous (Post 1729488)
Recently got back into SH5, updated all my mods and started a new Career.

This UI is absolutely fantastic, however, I do have a couple issues.

Range finding using the periscope (Aligning the image), always results in a distance of 20000. I'm also struggling with the Speed. Often the speed will give me silly numbers like 70 knots instead of 7 (stopped the boat, timed 1 minute, hit the icon and wait for calculation).

I have followed the tutorials for using these options, but I feel like I must be doing something wrong?

Aside from the issues I'm having, is there an easy/automatic mode for these calculations that is reliable. There are sometimes I am feeling lazy and don't feel like doing it all myself or have limited time and want to get through he battle ASAP so I can save the game safely. I've tried leaving the TDC in off mode, and relying on the little green triangle like one does in the base game, but it will always miss.

You can try using TDC Help - found in the download section:up:

TheDarkWraith 08-17-11 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmony (Post 1728477)
Hello!

The compass rose (disc B) on Attack Disc don't update whenever I change course. It's turn 180 mark at the top of disc A always

I've been debating as to whether to add a switch that when enabled will toggle the compass rose to the uboat heading. Here's my dilemma: if I add this switch and the uboat heading is changing, the compass rose will change but do I need to make the other discs change the same amount the compass rose is changing or just the compass rose needs to change :06:

I'm looking into this now :salute:

TheDarkWraith 08-17-11 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mia389 (Post 1729301)
I have always noticed that with the hud half showing. I would just hit cntrl Z again to show it fully. I didn't realize it had anything to do with the scripts

This was a good one to figure out :DL Finally managed to figure out why it was doing this. Fix will be available in next version. Now when you disable the HUD via shift+Z it stays hidden :up:

Topo65 08-17-11 08:18 PM

Thanks for your attention, TDW! :yeah:

ETsd4 08-17-11 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1730082)
I've been debating as to whether to add a switch that when enabled will toggle the compass rose to the uboat heading. Here's my dilemma: if I add this switch and the uboat heading is changing, the compass rose will change but do I need to make the other discs change the same amount the compass rose is changing or just the compass rose needs to change :06:

I am usually working not much with the attack-disk yet but i would say: no, just compass rose should be change.

For the attack-disc-, draggable compass and ship-journal-improvements many thanks. These things are nice to have.