SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

THE_MASK 08-20-12 05:32 PM

Now let me get this exactly right for you . Heres what happens .
My mod list is enabled with the mod enabler .
Patch with the latest patcher .
enable all the patches .
Check patcher by opening it again and can open ok.
Disable all mods in mod enabler .
Enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod.
Open the patcher and i get the error "error reading patches"
Copy over the patches to the sh5 game folder again.
Open the patcher and the patcher now opens.

I just cannot fathom what the mod enabler or mods have to do with anything regarding the patcher ?

I just tried the engine controls again and i cannot get it to work .
All True on both sh5 and sim patch .

TheDarkWraith 08-20-12 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1923968)
Now let me get this exactly right for you . Heres what happens .
My mod list is enabled with the mod enabler .
Patch with the latest patcher .
enable all the patches .
Check patcher by opening it again and can open ok.
Disable all mods in mod enabler .
Enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod.
Open the patcher and i get the error "error reading patches"
Copy over the patches to the sh5 game folder again.
Open the patcher and the patcher now opens.

I just cannot fathom what the mod enabler or mods have to do with anything regarding the patcher ?

I just tried the engine controls again and i cannot get it to work .
All True on both sh5 and sim patch .

Try this: use clean, umodified (i.e. stock) files for SH5.exe, SHSim.act, and SHCollisions.act. Make a mod of them. Patch for the independent engine controls and point it to the mod you just made for the files. Enable the mod. Test.

Topo65 08-20-12 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1923966)
You didn't disable all patches with old patcher first :yep: Then you can reenable with new version

Thanks, TDW! I forgot that! :damn: Fixed now! :up:

TheDarkWraith 08-20-12 06:04 PM

@Sober - did you enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod? You have to enable that mod for the single mission and it has the Page Default Hud.py file needed for the commands.

THE_MASK 08-20-12 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1923989)
@Sober - did you enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod? You have to enable that mod for the single mission and it has the Page Default Hud.py file needed for the commands.

Yes , just reinstalling the game now , give me an hour or so .

TheDarkWraith 08-20-12 06:20 PM

Has anyone been able to use the independent engine controls patch with the single mission successfully besides me :06:

Topo65 08-20-12 06:23 PM

Yes! I tested! Working ok for me! :salute:

TheDarkWraith 08-20-12 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topo65 (Post 1923995)
Yes! I tested! Working ok for me! :salute:

Good to know. Please try and break it :yep: Try and make it do something it's not supposed to (like change engine speed on engine recharging batteries). I want to ensure it's solid before moving on with it :up:

THE_MASK 08-20-12 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1923979)
Try this: use clean, umodified (i.e. stock) files for SH5.exe, SHSim.act, and SHCollisions.act. Make a mod of them. Patch for the independent engine controls and point it to the mod you just made for the files. Enable the mod. Test.

Its working now .

THE_MASK 08-20-12 06:50 PM

when i press u to disable the port prop and then hit 1 for ahead slow . The sub goes to ahead slow and the starboard prop spins but a message comes up in the message box saying cannot comply . The speed indicator arrow stays on the all stop position . I cannot stop the prop by hitting the all stop . I have to then hit the 1 for ahead slow to start both props then i can stop by pressing all stop . Disabling the starboard prop seems to work as intended .

TheDarkWraith 08-20-12 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1924010)
sometimes i press u to disable the port prop and then hit 1 for ahead slow . The sub goes to ahead slow and the starboard prop spins but a message comes up in the message box saying cannot comply . The speed indicator arrow stays on the all stop position . I cannot stop the prop by hitting the all stop . I have to then hit the 1 for ahead slow to start both props then i can stop by pressing all stop . Disabling the starboard prop seems to work as intended .

Yes this is one thing I have noticed. The starboard prop seems to be the master in the game. It seems to be the one tied to the dial used in game for denoting engine speed (as you've seen from the port prop when you had it only enabled and you selected speed for it and the position indicator didn't move). I'm trying to track down where this 'Cannot comply' message comes from and how/why it's being generated.

I always see the port engine used for battery recharging also. Never seen the starboard one used for it. Has anyone seen the starboard engine being used for battery recharging?

Magic1111 08-21-12 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 1923614)
Hi Folks!

Can somebody please upload for me an older version from the Patcher Tool (e.g. one of the above versions), please as .zip Version! :)

Background is, I´ve changed the MapColors (Patches >> MapColors >> Change 1-15) to my own taste. But now I can´t remember which color-values I´ve set...:oops:

And with the actual Patcher-Tool I can´t open the older patched .exe to look into it...!

Therefore I need an older version of the tool that I can open the older patched .exe to look into it and notice me the 15 color-values I´ve set!

Thx for help in advance,
Magic:salute:

**BUMP** :oops:

Anyone? :hmmm:

volodya61 08-21-12 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 1924112)
Anyone? :hmmm:

The older version (v1.0.42) is included in the NewUIs mod..
Upload it for you??

THE_MASK 08-21-12 01:26 AM

I think from now on i will treat the installing /uninstalling of the generic patcher as patch 1.2 . In other words i will install/uninstall the patches with no mods installed with the jsgme . Then after the patches are installed , then i will install mods with the jsgme .

Magic1111 08-21-12 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 1924115)
Upload it for you??

Yes, please...!!! :woot:

And as an .zip File please!

Magic1111 08-21-12 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 1924118)
EDIT: :hmmm: 7z... reupload??

Yes please, I need as an .zip File, because I´m not at my Home-PC at a while and on this PC I don´t have the 7-z Program installed!

I can only .zip File open (with own Program from Win XP)!

Can you please reupload as an .zip File?:hmmm:

volodya61 08-21-12 01:47 AM

It's not a problem - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ws7t8sn55i2xnyb

Have a nice day
Volodya

Magic1111 08-21-12 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 1924123)
It's not a problem - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ws7t8sn55i2xnyb

Have a nice day
Volodya

Many thx mate, wonderful! :up:

Deke 08-22-12 09:57 AM

TheBeast 08-22-12 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1924012)
I always see the port engine used for battery recharging also. Never seen the starboard one used for it. Has anyone seen the starboard engine being used for battery recharging?

In the submarine SIM file there is a setting for "unit_Submarine" - "Ballast" - "is_DieselElectric" (Yes/No). Currently this is set to "No" so only one screw turns when recharging battery. If set to "Yes" then both screw turn when recharging battery.

Does this setting have any effect on this new patch?:06: