SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

ikalugin 03-22-16 01:16 PM

I have a deja-vu.

ikalugin 03-22-16 01:18 PM

Quote:

What would be so amusing about it?
Some people are phycologically traumatised by spending their late childhood and early teens on /b/.

Oberon 03-22-16 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2391713)
What's wrong with that?
We don't seem to mind, do we?

That happens when you let the religion of peace grow.
Oh right, it isn't related to religion, sorry, I keep forgetting that.

All good then! :up:

Nah, I was just thinking that if you want to kill Europeans so much then you might as well go and join Daesh. :up:

Onkel Neal 03-22-16 01:27 PM

Let's stay on topic, guys. There is a thread for migrants, one for the Presidential election, and one for terrorism. The reason I have not merged this thread into the terrorism thread is for anyone who wants to discuss this event, outside of the overall terrorism discussion. I know there is a lot of emotions and other things we are dealing with, make sure we put them in the right threads and we don't blow this up into terrorism thread 2.0

Pictures from Brussells :cry:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b084c672214796

Onkel Neal 03-22-16 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2391671)
You spelled "impossible" wrong there, Neal. :03:

Lol, ok. :cool:

Quote:

spending their late childhood and early teens on /b/.
What is /b/?

Oberon 03-22-16 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2391729)
What is /b/?

Oh, you sweet summer child...

No one tell him, it's better his mind remain unsullied. :yep:

Oberon 03-22-16 01:39 PM

I've read reports that it was suspected that nails were packed in with the explosives in order to maximise the shrapnel radius, looking at those pictures I would be inclined to believe those reports. Nails and ball bearings are usually used like that. :nope:

Jimbuna 03-22-16 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2391729)
Lol, ok. :cool:

What is /b/?

Have a look here and pick out your own definition.

Had the list been less populated action may well have ensued shortly after the original post.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%2Fb%2F

So, ikalugin, care to elaborate or point out the precise definition/context you were trying to convey?

CaptainRamius 03-22-16 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2391734)
I've read reports that it was suspected that nails were packed in with the explosives in order to maximise the shrapnel radius, looking at those pictures I would be inclined to believe those reports. Nails and ball bearings are usually used like that. :nope:

Yup, those reports are right. After raiding an apartment in Brussels, the police found Nail bombs, chemicals, and an ISIS flag.
Source: CNN Live

Jimbuna 03-22-16 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2391725)
Let's stay on topic, guys. There is a thread for migrants, one for the Presidential election, and one for terrorism. The reason I have not merged this thread into the terrorism thread is for anyone who wants to discuss this event, outside of the overall terrorism discussion. I know there is a lot of emotions and other things we are dealing with, make sure we put them in the right threads and we don't blow this up into terrorism thread 2.0

Pictures from Brussells :cry:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b084c672214796

Agreed and having said that, ISIS/Daesh have already claimed responsibility.

ikalugin 03-22-16 01:49 PM

Quote:

So, ikalugin, care to elaborate or point out the precise definition/context you were trying to convey?
I was refering to the "/b/tard creed". But I guess I have failed to make a comic reference.

CaptainRamius 03-22-16 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2391739)
Agreed and having said that, ISIS/Daesh have already claimed responsibility.

How DO they claim responsibility? They can't just use a Daesh Twitter account, because that would have been taken down already.

STEED 03-22-16 01:51 PM

2016 is looking like 2015 another bloody year..:nope:

Nippelspanner 03-22-16 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2391718)
Nah, I was just thinking that if you want to kill Europeans so much then you might as well go and join Daesh. :up:

I think you know how my post was meant. If you really don't, be advised that of course I do not want any of that to happen.
However, it makes me furious how stunned people are about what is happening for years and what is increasing since a few months now.

All we should be surprised about is that we haven't been hit MUCH harder and more often yet.

And the nails and stuff in bombs. Really?
That is bomb-making-101. How is this still shocking in any way?

Oberon 03-22-16 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2391736)
Yup, those reports are right. After raiding an apartment in Brussels, the police found Nail bombs, chemicals, and an ISIS flag.
Source: CNN Live

The reports of chemicals are a bit concerning. They could just be for bomb creation though rather than actually being weaponised themselves. Otherwise, why not open with a chemical attack rather than use it as a follow up when all the security services are alerted? :hmmm:
Unless, of course, the theory that this attack was actually brought forward because of the arrest of the Paris attacker the other day and the reports that he was co-operating with police.

Oberon 03-22-16 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2391742)
How DO they claim responsibility? They can't just use a Daesh Twitter account, because that would have been taken down already.

They have their own news website.

Jimbuna 03-22-16 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2391750)
They have their own news website.

Good to see no link was posted :know:

AVGWarhawk 03-22-16 02:06 PM

This is truly a world issue/problem.

Oberon 03-22-16 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2391752)
Good to see no link was posted :know:

I don't know the name of it, I just happened to see a screenshot someone had posted on another forum.

Nippelspanner 03-22-16 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikalugin (Post 2391741)
I was refering to the "/b/tard creed". But I guess I have failed to make a comic reference.

I don't know, I can only say I still have no idea what you're on about, but still would like an elaboration.