SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Mods Workshop for Cold Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   [REL] Playable Russian Subs (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231690)

ikalugin 06-25-17 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldryk (Post 2494766)
Web sites and videos russian on Youtube on this submarine. After comparing its speed varies from 41 to 45 noeuds, then be aware that there are two classes of Alfa I and II.
I've been testing the maneuverability and power with Cold Waters. At this speed in depth it corresponds well to what is said of him. Capable of avoiding a torpedo very grabde speed. A submarine that turns very quickly. Of course he does not avoid all the torpedoes, but that is his advantage.

Can you, please, be more specific?

Where did you find out the difference between pr.705 and pr.705K (and I generously assume that you use Alfa-I and Alfa-II designations to destinguish between the two) in terms of speed?

As far as I am aware:
- you got the dive depths (рабочая and предельная)
- you got the speeds wrong (though you did correct yourself later, in reality the 41knot speed was not usable outside of trials and the subs never exceeded 39 knots)
- you got the number of turbines wrong (as far as I am aware both pr.705 and pr.705K use the same turbine - ГТЗА ОК-7)

Cybermat47 06-25-17 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldryk (Post 2494737)
Immersion: operational, 600 m; Maximum, 1000 m.

If I recall correctly, those figures were heavily inflated by spooked NATO intelligence agencies.

ikalugin 06-25-17 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiemonste (Post 2494774)
I would take the russian videos with a grain fo salt. The russians are known to inflate some data to make stuff look better.

The only sub related videos that I have watched so far are either in eng (ie subsim playthroughs) or are accurate. The figures availiable on the commonly used russian web sources conflict with the ones he has supplied.

My guess would be that he is using outdated cold war era data, especially on things like dive depth, because back then the assumption was that titanium was used to improve dive depth, not to make hull lighter.

cookiemonste 06-25-17 08:10 AM

Even the russian wikipedia quotes a topspeed of 41 and a test depth of 450 m. 600 m could be a opperational depth, but it would still be very deep.
@ikalugin: look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1hJ2qJ3wNw

ikalugin 06-25-17 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiemonste (Post 2494781)
Even the russian wikipedia quotes a topspeed of 41 and a test depth of 450 m. 600 m could be a opperational depth, but it would still be very deep.

Yea, the only titanium deep diving combat sub that we have built was Mike, which had 1000m operational depth.

Daldryk 06-25-17 09:14 AM

In two words no one really knows, unless you've tried it... I add that we are in a kind of simulator everything is allowed in mod. The settings suited me.

CaptainX3 06-25-17 12:00 PM

That's the fun of modding, you can tweak and change whatever you'd like. I don't intend to change any stats in my mod unless someone points me to a credible source, such as Wikipedia or something similar.

Some things in the mod I've had to make educated guesses on (Like the Typhoon VLS conversion), but I try to keep things at least semi-realistic.

DarkShark22 06-25-17 03:46 PM

Hi!
I really like your mod and I have used every soviet sub!

I just couldn't help noticing that the Yankee class and the two Delta's don't have VLS while SSBN's should be able to launch missiles, right? (just like the Typhoon in-game). Are you planning to give them VLS?

(my english isn't the best, I'm Dutch)

MadMike 06-25-17 04:16 PM

Project 705 (Alfa)

Reliable Russian source online says the Project 705 (Alfa) class sub had a surface speed of 12 knots, submerged 40.2 knots.

Operational diving depth of 320m (1049 feet), max of 400m (1312 feet). Only seven operational, assigned to the Northern Fleet.

Yours, &c.

Mike

cookiemonste 06-25-17 04:34 PM

That sounds about right.
I should learn russian. :D

CaptainX3 06-25-17 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkShark22 (Post 2494901)
Hi!
I really like your mod and I have used every soviet sub!

I just couldn't help noticing that the Yankee class and the two Delta's don't have VLS while SSBN's should be able to launch missiles, right? (just like the Typhoon in-game). Are you planning to give them VLS?

(my english isn't the best, I'm Dutch)

No, I wasn't planning to give those VLS, because those subs don't have cruise missile VLS systems. They have SLBM systems, but SLBMs aren't modeled in the game. The Typhoon in the mod that has VLS is a theoretical conversion from ballistic missiles to cruise missiles, but even the regular Typhoon doesn't have VLS.

If the devs ever implement SLBMs into the game, then I'll update those subs.

captinjoehenry 06-25-17 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX3 (Post 2494987)
No, I wasn't planning to give those VLS, because those subs don't have cruise missile VLS systems. They have SLBM systems, but SLBMs aren't modeled in the game. The Typhoon in the mod that has VLS is a theoretical conversion from ballistic missiles to cruise missiles, but even the regular Typhoon doesn't have VLS.

If the devs ever implement SLBMs into the game, then I'll update those subs.

Hey there I edited the performance of the P500 P700 and Sea Lance to their real speeds if you want the code.

Hydra01 06-26-17 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldryk (Post 2494804)
In two words no one really knows, unless you've tried it... I add that we are in a kind of simulator everything is allowed in mod. The settings suited me.

I wouldn't have a problem with that being in a separate mod, though I definitely wouldn't want that in this one since the 41 kt top speed does seem the be the accepted top speed even by many Russian sources as well as Western ones.

Daldryk 06-26-17 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydra01 (Post 2495111)
I wouldn't have a problem with that being in a separate mod, though I definitely wouldn't want that in this one since the 41 kt top speed does seem the be the accepted top speed even by many Russian sources as well as Western ones.

No one to talk about including it in this mod :). It takes 1 second to change the value.

CaptainX3 06-27-17 01:56 AM

Mod updated!

Raptor_Pilot 06-27-17 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX3 (Post 2495319)
Mod updated!

Sweet Words!

goldfish716 06-27-17 06:20 PM

new diesel variants of the Skipjack

I have added new diesel variants of the Skipjack inside my download of the "Playable Russian Subs Mod". Let me know if you want to add them to your mod.

1. The Barbel class, a diesel clone of the skipjack.
2. The (early) Barbel class, a diesel clone of the early skipjack, but with bowplanes rather than sailplanes.
3. The Yushio class, a Japanese development of the Barbel with side launch tubes, better sonar, lower test depth, and harpoon missiles. (My favorite).

All boats are slow and quiet.

The Barbel/Skipjack has other derivatives which could be added, like the Zwaardvis-class of the Netherlands and the Taiwanese Chien Lung-class.

I also reduced the acceleration slightly on these boats and increased the turn rate of the Barbels due to their reduced length.

Known bugs: The damage control tab doesn't display properly. Probably an easy fix if you know what you are doing. Fixed.

Aktungbby 06-27-17 11:37 PM

welcome aboard firsttime posterS!

goldfish716!:Kaleun_Salute: & Hydra01:Kaleun_Salute:...after a very long 6 year silent run!

The Bandit 06-28-17 12:01 PM

Cold waters 62?

Just wanted to throw this idea out there because I'm not really one for modding but may try my hand at it.

This would be a compromise because new models can't be added into the game but, how would people feel about some of the Soviet Diesels modles used as stand-ins for older boats like the Skates (thinking Romeo model) and the Seawolf (old one SSN-575, was thinking the Tango model could fit if you overlook the 3rd prop)? I'm also toying around with the idea of creating the USS Tullibee (SSN-597, using the Permit class model). Other possibilities are the Barbel, Tang and even GUPPY boats. Not really a great fit but the Echo or November could probably fit well enough for the USS Triton although admittedly the Triton was a fair deal longer.

While you won't really get the fully experience of having a finite battery charge and having to snorkel but I think these could bring a new angle to the game and make it a lot tougher if you were using an old boat.

ollie1983 06-29-17 08:37 AM

Any chance of adding the reduced visibility and proper UI into the Russian subs mod?