SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   2009 SUBSIM Meet (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   2009 SUBSIM Meet in Copenhagen Announced! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=148714)

papa_smurf 03-04-09 05:44 AM

I'll try my best to get there, but not sure yet.

Oberon 03-04-09 03:30 PM

Me and the significant other are considering it, but finances are tight so it's fifty/fifty. If we do do it, we'd, or rather I'd, like to see Kiel and Laboe too, so I might have to do it that we get to Kiel and meet the excursion there and hop on for the ride back then fly out from Copenhagen.
We'll see :DL

Von Hinten 03-04-09 03:33 PM

Feel free to change my forum name to Von N00b for the time begin but what happens next? I mean this will be my first time to an event like this so I'm wondering what I need to do or take care of to make sure things will work out nicely.

Do I just take the days off from work, make sure I've got some cash and hop in the car to start driving? Could it really be that simple? :hmmm:

KeptinCranky 03-04-09 06:46 PM

I don't see why not, it's not like Copenhagen is all that far away... :DL
You just drive to Groningen, (unless you live closer to Germany than that) follow the signs that say Bremen, then make a left, follow the signs that say Odense then follow the signs that say Kobenhavn or some such..., and that's without consulting any more than a kriegsmarine Grid map, how hard can it be... :yeah:

I'm considering attending too, it's been years since I had a foreign vacation, I might as well :cool:

{1.SS}Eberhardt 03-04-09 09:23 PM

It would definetly be worth going, since you guys dont really live that far away.
And if you go through Bremen, you can visit the Bremer Stadt Musikanten :D

And I would like to say to Von Hinten, that is one of the best names I have ever heard in my life, and it honestly made me laugh out loud. :haha:

Onkel Neal 03-05-09 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Hinten
Feel free to change my forum name to Von N00b for the time begin but what happens next? I mean this will be my first time to an event like this so I'm wondering what I need to do or take care of to make sure things will work out nicely.

Do I just take the days off from work, make sure I've got some cash and hop in the car to start driving? Could it really be that simple? :hmmm:

Nah, you're cool, this is just the announcement. Go ahead and get your vacation scheduled with your job, check airfares, and stand by. In a couple months we will send out the official sign up sheet , set the activities and meeting times, and block out a suite of hotel rooms. Then you can take care of the airfare if you are flying in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeptinCranky
I'm considering attending too, it's been years since I had a foreign vacation, I might as well :cool:

It will be a unique experience you won't forget. Just think Subsim forums in 3D with real subs :D

Von Hinten 03-05-09 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {1.SS}Eberhardt
And I would like to say to Von Hinten, that is one of the best names I have ever heard in my life, and it honestly made me laugh out loud. :haha:

Heh, thanks. I have my moments. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Then you can take care of the airfare if you are flying in.

Airfare? I'm seriously considering driving over there, you know, taking the scenic tour and all that. Hey, I'm getting scarily close to forty so I'm allowed to take things easy. :DL

And I'll patiently await that sign up form sir. Thanks for not changing the name. :shucks:

lesrae 03-06-09 11:09 AM

I'm going to do my best to attend this one, I've always wanted to visit Denmark (and there's no CinCNagHome to have to placate now either).

Koondawg 03-07-09 12:24 PM

Quote:

I plan to arrive a day early and rent a car and take the 3 hours drive to Kiel to see the U-995, you are welcome to join me.
Have you ever thought about renting some bikes? Im gonna look into my savings and see about setting some funds aside...as I have a few friends over there back in the day from Americas Army.
But I think a bike rental (motorcycle for some) would be a great way to tour. Ill get back when I know some more...about to hit a friend up in Denmark.

Back soon

KD

Let me get this correct...you Neal wanna be there on the 16th?

UnderseaLcpl 03-07-09 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesrae
I'm going to do my best to attend this one, I've always wanted to visit Denmark (and there's no CinCNagHome to have to placate now either).

Let's hope it works out better than your attempt to join us for the werewolf hunt. I'm not doing another autopsy on you:DL

Onkel Neal 03-07-09 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koondawg

Let me get this correct...you Neal wanna be there on the 16th?

Yes, that's the plan.

owner20071963 03-07-09 10:53 PM

Looks good Neal 6 Members going,
1 Lives nearby,
20 to 30 is looking good,
6 Confirmations at this stage,
Very early,but looks like this will be
the Subsim Meet of All Time:yep::arrgh!:

Now where is Jimbuna?

Onkel Neal 03-07-09 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owner20071963
1 Lives nearby,

Now where is Jimbuna?

:up: :up: :up: Way to go!

Jimbuna 03-08-09 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owner20071963
1 Lives nearby,

Now where is Jimbuna?

Trying to drum up support at The Lair.....the European mongrels among us have no excuse regarding distance and finance. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

Taygoo 03-08-09 10:41 AM

Hallo

I live near Copenhagen... I would love to come to the meeting.. but there is a little stone in the my way... my wedding:smug:. It is 19. sep.
So I would like to hear, is it possible, just to join 1 or 2 days? And do you know McBeck which day the trip with Nautilus is?:arrgh!:

Taygoo

http://www.kennethbon.dk/images/thesmalltigers_red.gif

lesrae 03-08-09 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna

Trying to drum up support at The Lair.....the European mongrels among us have no excuse regarding distance and finance. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

I was looking last night, if you book now you can get a return from Stansted for £50 with EasyJet.

UnderseaLcpl 03-08-09 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taygoo
Hallo

I live near Copenhagen... I would love to come to the meeting.. but there is a little stone in the my way... my wedding:smug:. It is 19. sep.
So I would like to hear, is it possible, just to join 1 or 2 days?

Congrats on your engagement and welcome aboard:salute:

I don't think Neal would have a problem with you attending on select days. There was some of that going on at the last meet.
Now that I think about it, I actually asked a similar question prior to the last meet and he said it was ok.

Jimbuna 03-08-09 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesrae
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna

I was looking last night, if you book now you can get a return from Stansted for £50 with EasyJet.

Stanstead is still a fair way away from me....might be just as easy sharing a car and jumping/driving on a ferry.

Onkel Neal 03-08-09 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taygoo
Hallo

So I would like to hear, is it possible, just to join 1 or 2 days?

Congrats on your engagement and welcome aboard:salute:

I don't think Neal would have a problem with you attending on select days. There was some of that going on at the last meet.
Now that I think about it, I actually asked a similar question prior to the last meet and he said it was ok.

That's right, feel free to drop in for an evening, or the Nautilus event. We don't have the exact dates set for the events arranged yet, stay tuned.

And congrats!

Contact 03-09-09 05:00 AM

Just in case I'm going to attend. I already have planned my route on google earth. I just wandering how much it would cost for me taking a ferry Rostok - Gedser with a car, since it would be a great shortcut.
Or I could try going around which would take some more time and diesel :hmmm:

No worries I've already found taxes.

Thinking just of getting the plain ticket now. Just not sure where. Germany or Denmark