SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] RadioStationManager V1.0 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120510)

Digital_Trucker 12-23-07 09:06 PM

If you click on the station in question while in the RadioStationEditor, all the events for that station are displayed in the bottom window.

Renesisfury 12-23-07 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
If you click on the station in question while in the RadioStationEditor, all the events for that station are displayed in the bottom window.

It's the stock list for channel 22

Renesisfury 12-23-07 10:11 PM

Well, I just let the game loop that stupid clip for 10 min, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I installed the mod, and followed the directions, is there a folder I was supposed to create in the SH directory?

Digital_Trucker 12-23-07 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renesisfury
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker

It's the stock list for channel 22

Well, what I was trying to point out is that the date and time of the events for the station are listed in that window. You very well may not be at a point in time where an event is supposed to play. The news events can be scattered about quite a bit in time.

sqk7744 12-23-07 11:16 PM

Awesome work DT!!! :up::up::up:

ReallyDedPoet 12-24-07 12:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:

Ok, I seem to be having some problems. I selected the save that I wanted this to apply to, hit prepare then loaded the game. However, I get nothing on channel 22 other than the looping clip that the game gives you. Any suggestions? I have the exe in the same folder as sh4.exe, and I have the shortcut in my desktop. SH patched to 1.4, with the new version on TM and RSRDC

If you are on 22 you should get some news updates, play long enough this should happen. By the way just to spice up that station I added some other media files
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127109 :smug:
and deleted that annoying clip.

Edit: Here is a nice site: http://sh.xset.co.uk/

RDP

So how many times should I let that clip loop before expecting to hear something different?

If you are on that station you should get some news updates as the game progresses ( ie bombing of Pearl Harbor, etc. ), as mentioned I deleted the looping clip as it is annoying, I replaced it with some Christmas stuff, that second link I posted has some good stuff in it as well.

RDP

fred8615 02-13-08 12:45 PM

I think I may have found a bug. I'm using RSM 1.1 to create a Mutual Broadcasting System station. I started yesterday, and first encountered the problem then, but I wanted to wait and see if it would do it again fresh today. Here's what the event.ini looks like after I put in the July, 1942 programs and clicked "Apply changes" to save it:

[EVENT]
StartDate=29.06.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-06-29 lone ranger 1472 trouble at the canyon.mp3
;--------------------
;July 1942
;--------------------

[EVENT]
StartDate=01.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-01 lone ranger 1473 kidnapped.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=03.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-03 lone ranger 1474 surprise at sunrise .mp3
;42-07-06 lone ranger 1475 end of the iron spur.mp3
;42-07-08 lone ranger 1476 way of the transgressor.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=10.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-10 lone ranger 1477 barcley brothers' downfall.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=13.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-13 lone ranger 1478 high graders.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=15.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-15 lone ranger 1479 bread upon the waters.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=17.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-17 lone ranger 1480 one wide river.mp3
;42-07-20 lone ranger 1481 sorrel-jack outlaw horse.mp3
;42-07-22 lone ranger 1482 double in murder.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=24.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-24 lone ranger 1483 cattleman cash.mp3
;42-07-27 lone ranger 1484 homestead proved up.mp3
;42-07-31 lone ranger 1486 stagecoach to blue river.mp3

Please note I was very careful today typing in the date and time, and used the number pad, so it isn't a case of hitting a comma instead of a period. If I use RSM to fix the listing, taking out the "C" and redoing the date and time, it takes! From then on everything stays correct. It just seems to be randomly ignoring the date and time input the first time it's done. While I think I'm still going faster and easier using RSM this time, as opposed to doing it by hand like my previous statsions, it's still aggravating having to go back and redo these few.

And while I'm writing, RSM will not let you access sub-folders when creating a station. Like some of my other stations, this one is subdivided by year. But RSM wouldn't let me access or use files from the year sub-folders until I hand edited the radio.ini.

fred8615 02-13-08 01:38 PM

I found a fix!!

Instead of clicking "Apply changes" after putting in a whole month's worth, for August I clicked it after each line. No messed up lines! :yep: :yep: :yep:

UPDATE: For September, I tried clicking after every two lines. Some of them messed up.

Digital_Trucker 02-13-08 02:27 PM

Hey, Fred. Glad you found a fix for the first problem. Any way I could get a screeny of your entries that caused the problem? I don't recall running into that problem while testing. Were those inserted entries or ones added consecutively to the list? I'm assuming that those are all seperate events, not multiple media files for one event (RSM doesn't support multiple media files for one event).

I'd like to try to replicate the problem so that I can correct it, but I'll need a step by step listing of actions taken in order to do that. If you can put one together, feel free to email it to me and I'll see what I can determine.

As for the subfolders problem, I guess I need to add that to the limitations, too, since I never planned on subfolders being used :damn: . In fact, I wasn't even aware that subfolders could be used for events. I'll have to take a peek at changing that.

1480 02-13-08 06:07 PM

I can't run the darn thing! I get radio.ini file not found message. I believe I followed your directions, D/L'd, extracted to the mods folder, opened up the folder, extracted the exe file to the desktop and I get the introduction to the program but then the error message....:damn: Mind you I'm of eastern eurpeon descent and my mom is blonde......:lol: Thanks

Digital_Trucker 02-13-08 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1480
I can't run the darn thing! I get radio.ini file not found message. I believe I followed your directions, D/L'd, extracted to the mods folder, opened up the folder, extracted the exe file to the desktop and I get the introduction to the program but then the error message....:damn: Mind you I'm of eastern eurpeon descent and my mom is blonde......:lol: Thanks

My Mom is blonde, too, maybe we're related?:rotfl:

Actually, the exe file needs to be in the same folder as SH4.exe. Then you can create a shortcut to it on your desktop.

Depending on how you extract the download, you will get a folder named RSM1.0 (or RSM1.1 depending on which version you downloaded) or you will get a folder named RadioStationManager and a documentation pdf. The folder that needs to go into your MODS folder is RadioStationManager. AFTER you activate RadioStationManager you can create a shortcut on your desktop to the RadioStationManager.exe file to run it with. That should eliminate the error.

1480 02-13-08 08:06 PM

Thanks, just made me feel more moronic than I thought I really was!

Holler at ya later because I'll probably have screwed something else up soon.

U of G will be unbeatable next year.

Digital_Trucker 02-13-08 10:00 PM

Quote:

Thanks, just made me feel more moronic than I thought I really was!

:hmm: Didn't mean to be a downer.

Quote:

Holler at ya later because I'll probably have screwed something else up soon.

:rotfl: You should have seen how many things I screwed up writing the thing:p

Quote:

U of G will be unbeatable next year.

Oops, I'm a Tech fan:know: :rotfl:

Seriously, I hope you get it working.

1480 02-13-08 11:13 PM

All is well, added the burns and gracie station we shall see. I did the "apply changes" it errored message twice one on Cpt Midnights CBS station and the burns and gracie show, something to the effect: no media found? I am waiting till Friday night to whip out SH4 because I've had to play SH3 because of few new mods that are just out of this world. Great work, thanks for the fast service and although I'm not a big of the SEC in general just seeing those two tailbacks the bulldogs have just make you shake your head. I'm not too familiar with the state itself and don't really know the "geographical" break down of U and Tech fans are, so my bad. I can't wait for Rich Rodriguez to shock an awe the alumni of M. Go BLUE!:rock:

Digital_Trucker 02-14-08 09:09 AM

Quote:

All is well, added the burns and gracie station we shall see. I did the "apply changes" it errored message twice one on Cpt Midnights CBS station and the burns and gracie show, something to the effect: no media found? I am waiting till Friday night to whip out SH4 because I've had to play SH3 because of few new mods that are just out of this world. Great work, thanks for the fast service and although I'm not a big of the SEC in general just seeing those two tailbacks the bulldogs have just make you shake your head. I'm not too familiar with the state itself and don't really know the "geographical" break down of U and Tech fans are, so my bad. I can't wait for Rich Rodriguez to shock an awe the alumni of M. Go BLUE!:rock:

Those errors that you get are because there are a couple of missing (or misnamed) media files in that mod. You can just comment those entries out or try to find the media files to match. I think there was a patch for that mod that corrected that problem, but it's been a long time since it came out. Any changes that you were in the process of making for that station will not be completed if those errors occur. Those errors will also cause a CTD when the date/time of the event is reached in game.

I'm not much of a college fan at all, but I went to Georgia Tech, so I have to give the UGA fans hell whenever I get the chance:rotfl: Tech and UGA are only 73 miles apart, so you'd have to look pretty close to tell what's where, and besides the entire state seems to be Bulldog country, so no worries in that respect.

Digital_Trucker 02-15-08 12:13 PM

New version available, bug fix included

Thanks to Fred8615 for pointing out a problem with the "Add Event" function and for helping me diagnose it while he works on a new radio station.:up:

The bug is now squashed and a new version is available on the first page or here. This application will only be available in the smaller footprint version from now on.

My apologies to any of the other Radio Station creators that this problem might have annoyed:oops:

fred8615 02-15-08 01:08 PM

And a big thanks for fixing it, and for RSM in general!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Where was this when I was creating my first stations?:damn:

1480 02-15-08 05:01 PM

Hey DT, WTF am I doing wrong? :doh: Do I need to start a new career using your application because I've done everything you told me to, I did the prepare, it gave the OKAY and still, all the stations revert back to the beginning programs. If I hear the George Burns talk about dressing in drag in order to hitchhike back home, Ill have to up my meds again:()1: Thanks much in advance. Oh, I forgot it's 1.4 version w/RFB/ROW/RSRD are the base mods and a few of the eye candy ones. If you need the complete list just let me know.
And yes, I did d/l v 1.2 today, still no-joy.

Digital_Trucker 02-15-08 07:34 PM

When you did the prepare function, did you actually click on the save file that you were about to load, or was it the hightlighted save and you clicked ok without actually clicking the button next to the save name?

For some reason (that I have yet to figure out), you have to actually click on the button to the left of the save that you are about to load before you click OK. The button will look like it's depressed after you click it and the little black arrow will display on the button. After you click on it, press the OK button and all should be well.

1480 02-15-08 09:40 PM

Dunno, I will check it out and play for a teency bit (I have a IJN task force a bit over 8,000 yards on my bow) and will get back to you. Thank you sergeant! :eek:

Did the trick thanks for the great mod, maybe if I would've re-re-reread the readme I wouldn't be taking up BW w/this....Thanks.