SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

TheDarkWraith 03-19-11 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3vnu11 (Post 1623464)
This going to work for the Steam version of the game ? With it's DRM embedded in the exec.

I haven't been able to look at the steam version as I don't have a copy of the steam exe file ;) My exe file came from the DVD version of the game. If somehow I was able to look at a steam version I can probably make a patch for it also.

stoianm 03-19-11 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1623467)
I haven't been able to look at the steam version as I don't have a copy of the steam exe file ;) My exe file came from the DVD version of the game.

What steam means?.. the version downloaded from the site... i mean the one that you buy with your credit card and download?

d3vnu11 03-19-11 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1623469)
What steam means?.. the version downloaded from the site... i mean the one that you buy with your credit card and download?

Steam is another company that sells downloadable and purchasable games. http://www.steampowered.com
Kev

Captain Can 03-19-11 08:25 PM

TDW i am having problems. here is the screenshot of my code.but i cant see any 75 or 74. what may be the problem?

TheDarkWraith 03-19-11 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Can (Post 1623552)
TDW i am having problems. here is the screenshot of my code.but i cant see any 75 or 74. what may be the problem?

Let me guess....you have steam version of game :06: If so, be patient. I might have something for you all here soon for it.

kiwi_2005 03-19-11 10:21 PM

:rock::rock: And heres me thinking it was just me being bad at finding contacts.

Going to try this out. :salute:

Zedi 03-20-11 03:59 AM

My engines are reported as warship contact even when they are on halt. So basically if I have a ship right in my back, he will be always invisible just because the sonar will hear my engines first.. even if they are stooped.

anzacmick 03-20-11 05:10 AM

gday all... rising from the depths after a long time... tis good to be surfaced:|\\...and wow...what changes have unfolded.. SH5 is turning from a red headed bastard child into a prodigal son... with alot of help from the usual suspects.... kinda exciting times... ANYWAYS.....

just a quick question to TDW...
any link to the diesel engine pitch/volume control in the SH5.exe??
the way the game has it setup now just sucks:down:.. i personally call it a bug.
I know nothing of this hocus pocus u use to work ur magik, but im hoping if sommet like a hydrophone op fix could be sought from a .exe, maybe there is hope for something like the diesel engine speed/pitch/volume fix. crossing my fingers.

my mrs will have ur children should u suceed...heheh:hmmm: ..tho she dont know yet...lmao

cheers in advance

mobucks 03-20-11 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedi (Post 1623676)
My engines are reported as warship contact even when they are on halt. So basically if I have a ship right in my back, he will be always invisible just because the sonar will hear my engines first.. even if they are stooped.

In any event, I do not think in real life you could hear at bearing 180 behind sub with hydrophones. If you watch the hydro operator, he always skips listening from bearing 170-190

TheDarkWraith 03-20-11 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1624004)
In any event, I do not think in real life you could hear at bearing 180 behind sub with hydrophones. If you watch the hydro operator, he always skips listening from bearing 170-190

exactly which is why I don't consider this a bug but rather a feature.

TheDarkWraith 03-20-11 03:33 PM

For you Steam based users I have to say sorry I can't help you all. You can read why at post #1.

MiTon 03-20-11 05:47 PM

Thanks TDW,

just tested it with german version and it's working like charm!

Greets

MiTon

TheDarkWraith 03-21-11 03:53 PM

finally narrowed down where in the exe the map text colors are controlled. Here I made them green:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=3830

Problem is other text is affected by this change. Still hunting and deciphering but hope to have a patch for this here soon :up:

stoianm 03-21-11 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1624923)
finally narrowed down where in the exe the map text colors are controlled. Here I made them green:

Problem is other text is affected by this change. Still hunting and deciphering but hope to have a patch for this here soon :up:

tnx..:rock:- this was one of my biggest problem in my SH5... i get tired often because of the indescifrabil writting of numbers from drawing and few days ago i asked you about that... manny thanks:salute:

d3vnu11 03-21-11 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1624097)
For you Steam based users I have to say sorry I can't help you all. You can read why at post #1.

Yeah it was what I feared well might as well order the dvd :) You Steam version is even worse because you get steams DRM along with Ubisofts. Does the DVD version have a DRM ?
Kevin

TheDarkWraith 03-21-11 04:28 PM

ok, finally deciphered the code and am able to control the color of each tool on the nav map now without ANY adverse effect on any other text. You'll be able to specify the color for each tool on the nav map with Patch 3 :rock:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=3831

stoianm 03-21-11 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1624954)
You'll be able to specify the color for each tool on the nav map with Patch 3 :rock:

first time i was like:timeout: when i saw the pink color... and then i readed this ''You'll be able to specify the color for each tool on the nav map with Patch 3'' and now i am like:rock:

tnx

d3vnu11 03-21-11 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1624957)
first time i was like:timeout: when i saw the pink color... and then i readed this ''You'll be able to specify the color for each tool on the nav map with Patch 3'' and now i am like:rock:

tnx

Not Fair !!! I want to be able to patch my exe ! Does DRM for ubisoft's download version work or is that exe also wrapped up in crap too ? Can any dl version confirm his patches work ?
Regards.
Kevin

stoianm 03-21-11 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3vnu11 (Post 1624960)
Not Fair !!! I want to be able to patch my exe ! Does DRM for ubisoft's download version work or is that exe also wrapped up in crap too ? Can any dl version confirm his patches work ?
Regards.
Kevin

i can confirm... i have an dowload version from ubisoft.. it is working:up:

d3vnu11 03-21-11 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1624963)
i can confirm... i have an dowload version from ubisoft.. it is working:up:

Sold ! gonna buy it right now. Should I get the gold or is it basicly a rip off to get more money since the box version of the game is basicly broken :)
Kev