SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   il2 sturmovik (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111796)

danlisa 05-30-07 04:31 AM

Also, most planes in IL2 require some/alot of trimming to obtain straight & level flight. It's easy enough to do but for some reason it takes an age for the plane/trim to take effect.

This might help you - IL2 Community Manual - http://www.airwarfare.com/mediawiki-...itle=Main_Page

Radtgaeb 05-31-07 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubergeek87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radtgaeb
Hey, do you guys know of any good noob guides online or something. I love this game, but the training is lacking at best...and I'm having a very difficult time learning.

There is a campaign that you can download over at www.mission4today.com called "Straight from the Farm." It will help you with takeoffs from land and carriers, landing on land and carriers, and a bit of divebombing. It is very well done. It won't really help with dogfights and formation flying, but it'll get you in the air and back to the ground in one piece.

Link!

Thanks, Geek! This really helps with my landings and takeoffs.

Radtgaeb 06-01-07 11:33 PM

Improving

Hey guys, thanks to your helpful tips/links and my own patience, I've actually managed to become not so inept at maintaining level flight and taking off in all situations....on the other hand, my formation flying still truly blows :down:, but I'm working on it. Thanks for the help!

XabbaRus 06-05-07 07:28 AM

I have several campaigns on going at the moment. I flit from one to the other as the fancy takes me.

I am using the Enjoyr patch thing but without DCG for now.
A good campaign to get is a new one based in the Black Sea flying the LaGG 3.

It is good as there is lots of immediate action and you don't have to fly too far.

Also get the Flying Tigers campaign from mission4today. A P-40 againts Zeros tests your skill. You do well if you survive.

Actually I need someone to explain to me succinctly how I get enjoyr to work well with DCG. I have DCG but I am not using the dgen replacement mode. I have downloaded enjoyr's patch version 2.22 and the one for if using dgen.

I assume I install enjoyr patch 2.22 then the patch for use with DCG and then switch DCG to dgen replacement mode?

Radtgaeb 06-10-07 02:19 PM

Ok! Takeoffs are looking good now.

The only thing remaining is level flight/squadren flying. Any tips on these?

Also, What is a good way to find 'true level' in an aircraft with no artificial horizon (ie. a biplane or early ME109).

STEED 06-10-07 02:21 PM

What keys do you use for IL2 screen shots and where do I find the pictures?

Radtgaeb 06-14-07 10:49 PM

Not to be pushy, but is there an answer to my previous question? How is one to find true level when in a bi-plane/plane without Artificial Horizon.

And, what is normal cruising speed for formation flying, because That is what I keep messing up. :damn:

Dowly 06-14-07 11:57 PM

Quote:

Not to be pushy, but is there an answer to my previous question? How is one to find true level when in a bi-plane/plane without Artificial Horizon.

If you fly with locked cockpit, then you have to keep on guessing. The horizontal movement is easy to spot if you keep your eyes on a landmark ahead of you and see if it moves left or right.

If you use the "Guncam" view (CTRL+F1), there's the AH in the lower right corner.

Quote:

And, what is normal cruising speed for formation flying, because That is what I keep messing up. :damn:

It varies between the planes. The faster the plane, the lower percentage of power they use when cruising. For example, few weeks back I flew in a formation of Bf109's with AI leader. I had my power at ~50-65% and that seemed right.

Also, it varies by mission. On some missions the planes have been ordered to fly at full speed, in some missions slower than usual etc.

Hope this helps! :up:

STEED 06-15-07 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED

I repeat myself

I want an answer!!!

XabbaRus 06-15-07 07:16 AM

PrintScreen

ReallyDedPoet 06-15-07 07:19 AM

I need to get back into this game.

RDP

STEED 06-15-07 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XabbaRus
PrintScreen

I know about that one, but the catch is you can only do one at a time.

If that is the only way then. :damn:

Dowly 06-15-07 11:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XabbaRus
PrintScreen

I know about that one, but the catch is you can only do one at a time.

If that is the only way then. :damn:

Just D/L FRAPS and use it to take the pics.

STEED 06-16-07 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly

I know about fraps it a free trail version which runs for a period of time before you have to buy it or not.

Dowly 06-16-07 06:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I know about fraps it a free trail version which runs for a period of time before you have to buy it or not.

Not sure if there's a time limit on the demo. But you cant record more than 30sec of video at time etc. I think you are limited to .bmp pic format on the demo.

STEED 06-16-07 08:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not sure if there's a time limit on the demo. But you cant record more than 30sec of video at time etc. I think you are limited to .bmp pic format on the demo.

So it's not like you got 30 days and thats your lot thing, you got it as long as you want but has limited functions. :hmm:

I will give it a try out, thanks Dowly. :up:

Dowly 06-16-07 08:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So it's not like you got 30 days and thats your lot thing, you got it as long as you want but has limited functions. :hmm:

I will give it a try out, thanks Dowly. :up:

Like I said, I'm not sure. Give it a try and find out. ;)

Lagger123987 06-16-07 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinTep
Wait till you try and land on a carrier.

NO FUN AT ALL, I KEEP DIEING ON CARRIER LANDING.

STEED 06-21-07 08:53 AM

One thing I like in IL2 is the crazy voices more so the Russians.

Ol No what you doing..........No.................Good kill.............

Funny, one moment they throw the book at you and the next they praise you to the Sky's. :rotfl:

HunterICX 06-21-07 10:17 AM

Quote:

One thing I like in IL2 is the crazy voices more so the Russians.

Ol No what you doing..........No.................Good kill.............

Funny, one moment they throw the book at you and the next they praise you to the Sky's. :rotfl:

Pfff...wait till you hear the Japanese (IJN) radio
it adds a smile and a laughter on your face while flying.