SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

Kpt. Lehmann 11-13-15 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2358147)
That's what I thought.
Refraining from calling it "Islamic terrorism" thread smells too much like political correctness to me.
Things are what they are and so far I don't hear an awful lot about Buddhist terrorists blowing people to bits or cutting heads off...

We could also just name this thread "The religion of peace strikes again!" but I guess this is a can of worms and would rustle the jimmies of those who are too concerned that the poor Islam is just being 'abused' again... or 'misinterpreted'... like it always the case...

Meh. :shifty:

I completely agree, old friend.

GT182 11-14-15 12:14 AM

They have no idea what peace is, and could care less about peace. They're only doing what they're told to do.... to take over the world in the name of Islam.

I say it's time to clean house.

Nippelspanner 11-14-15 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 2358156)
I completely agree, old friend.

Nice to see you checking in every once in a while Todd! :salute:

CCIP 11-14-15 12:44 AM

I for one see this more of a closet xenophobe coming-out thread. At least it's good to see some honesty and expand the ignore list :D

Onkel Neal 11-14-15 01:47 AM

Ahoy Todd!:up:

Betonov 11-14-15 04:46 AM

I don't think it's trying to be politically correct.
It's a great bandwith saver if any non-islamic terror attacks occur.

Oberon 11-14-15 06:42 AM

I did ask Neal to close this thread and start a new one up with a more Islamic focused base but he refused, and since topic starters can't rename their own threads you're all stuck with it I'm afraid.

I guess it might be worth noting that I started this thread yesterday morning, before all the **** went down in Paris but I don't think anyone will really care about that, if there's a chance to call me and the topic title PC then I guess that's all that matters. :yeah:

Skybird 11-14-15 06:47 AM

"The all purpose terrorism thread."

A newer, deeper low has been found.

No matter your timing, Oberon, your intention was the same: to ridicule those pointing out that Islamic scripture and Muhammad's deeds are what motivates Islamic terror attacks, and to minimise the role of Islam in the scope of global terrorism. Underhanded cynism at its best.

Tchocky 11-14-15 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2358223)
"The all purpose terrorism thread."

A newer, deeper low has been found.

Right, Skybird.

The worst thing ever has finally happened and it's a THREAD TITLE.

Log off. Sign out.

Place was nicer without you.

Quote:

No matter your timing, Oberon, your intention was the same: to ridicule those pointing out that Islamic scripture and Muhammad's deeds are what motivates Islamic terror attacks, and to minimise the role of Islam in the scope of global terrorism. Underhanded cynism at its best.
You just can't help inventing motives, can you?

Just keep it shut.

Jimbuna 11-14-15 07:37 AM

Cool heads everyone if you'd all be so kind.

Tchocky 11-14-15 07:40 AM

Well jimbuna I'd like to but it's a long standing habit of Skybird's to use tragic events to poke people he doesn't like and invent motivations for others on this forum.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217695

I've no intention of dropping myself in the brig again but I've even less inclination towards letting despicable posts just float by.

Jimbuna 11-14-15 08:02 AM

I've made the only appeal I'll be making on the matter. Leave the moderation to Neal and I because should anything necessitate remedial action, it will most probably be one of us who will carry it out.

All threads (including this one) are monitored to the best of our ability and remain subject to Subsim.com's editorial policies.

Tchocky 11-14-15 08:05 AM

:salute: :salute:

STEED 11-14-15 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2358248)
I've made the only appeal I'll be making on the matter. Leave the moderation to Neal and I

That's why jim gets the big money. :shifty: :)

Rockstar 11-14-15 10:30 AM

Not to sound sarcastic, or insensitive. But are French security forces and intel gurus overwhelmed? Or are these so called no-go areas so isolated from the rest of French society. There is no way to penetrate and develop any good intel on the players and potential threats of massive coordinated attacks with automatic weapons and hand grenades?

Is it a possible reason why it hasnt this happenend in other European countries or the U.S.? Or is it just a matter of time before it does?