SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   That warm fuzzy feeling.... so gone. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173251)

McBeck 08-11-10 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Para (Post 1464876)
Sir, clearly you are mistaken, we must never confuse elegance with snobbery :doh: perhaps i should provide one with jolly good, splendid, bravo old boy etc, (try going further back) :oops: Perhaps i can counsel and direct you in the best manner, both for present and future posts! :know: That said, no worth can save you from your due award, :yeah: however confused one may be. I leave you to judge... what may be. Good work though :up: Bye your leave. :cool:

language like that is too rarely spoken: )

scrapser 08-11-10 11:50 AM

Quote:

Sir, clearly you are mistaken, we must never confuse elegance with snobbery :doh: perhaps i should provide one with jolly good, splendid, bravo old boy etc, (try going further back) :oops: Perhaps i can counsel and direct you in the best manner, both for present and future posts! :know: That said, no worth can save you from your due award, :yeah: however confused one may be. I leave you to judge... what may be. Good work though :up: Bye your leave. :cool:

This reminds me of the day I went to see the movie, "Much Ado about Nothing" starring Keanu Reeves, Denzel Washington, Emma Thompson, and several other major actors. I had never read or heard Shakespeare before so about 10 minutes into the film I leaned over to one of my friends and asked, "Why are they all talking backwards?".

Lord Justice 08-11-10 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapser (Post 1465004)
This reminds me of the day I went to see the movie, "Much Ado about Nothing" starring Keanu Reeves, Denzel Washington, Emma Thompson, and several other major actors. I had never read or heard Shakespeare before so about 10 minutes into the film I leaned over to one of my friends and asked, "Why are they all talking backwards?".

Sir, It appears you are the better man :up: To the thread starter, excuse these rustic and foolhardy remarks. It appears some are intent to tell me my duty. Perhaps i should be bound in irons and face trial. Remarkable. :up:

Sailor Steve 08-11-10 02:38 PM

Quote:

...we must never confuse elegance with snobbery...

No, we must not. Nor should we confuse obfuscation with erudition. Language should enlighten, not confound.

Lord Justice 08-11-10 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1465161)
No, we must not. Nor should we confuse obfuscation with erudition. Language should enlighten, not confound.

I hardly dare mention, must this tedious sounding out continue? What polite and charming man you would prove :yep: Ask yourself is it proper to to remark here?? Is it my lot to witness at times such rude utterance? :nope:

Nisgeis 08-11-10 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Para (Post 1465222)
I hardly dare mention, must this tedious sounding out continue? What polite and charming man you would prove :yep: Ask yourself is it proper to to remark here?? Is it my lot to witness at times such rude utterance? :nope:

He was agreeing with you that we should not confuse things that are not the same and then expanded upon it. Why the :nope:?

Lord Justice 08-11-10 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisgeis (Post 1465265)
He was agreeing with you that we should not confuse things that are not the same and then expanded upon it. Why the :nope:?

Sir, i understand what he was saying. :yep: If i must, the :nope: is aimed toward the members whom see fit to tire my patience longer, in such a manner to continue off topic remarks. Where there is most learning, sense, and knowledge, there is always observed to be modesty and rectitude of manners. I regret the trifling, narrow, contracted education of some, whom have the impertinence to deliver a speech on how i should speak. Good Day

longam 08-11-10 04:41 PM

Did I mention wolfpacks?

Dowly 08-11-10 04:43 PM

WHAT?

Takeda Shingen 08-11-10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longam (Post 1465291)
Did I mention wolfpacks?

Several times, now.

Lord Justice 08-11-10 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1465295)
Several times, now.

Iam accustomed to such examples. :salute: Gentlemen once again thank you for being exceedingly polite, it has been a privilege, much obliged. Bye your leave.

RickC Sniper 08-11-10 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1465161)

Huh?

What an awesome thread.
:88)

John Channing 08-11-10 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longam (Post 1465291)
did i mention wolfpacks?

what about them?

Lord Justice 08-11-10 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 1464910)
How do I find wolfpacks if they don't respond to contact

Sail with me, they will find us. :haha: Then let me draw satisfaction. :arrgh!:

THE_MASK 08-11-10 07:39 PM

Howyagoin mate , whats doin .