SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Rise of Flight to be released June 8th in North America (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151965)

HunterICX 06-12-09 04:02 AM

I think it would have the same kind of dificulty settings where you can enable/disable realism options.

HunterICX

Stealth Hunter 06-12-09 05:29 AM

Basically, yeah.

FIREWALL 06-12-09 05:25 PM

What's the story on this wwi fly game ?

http://www.amazon.com/Flyboys-Squadr...color%5Fname=1

http://www.amazon.com/Flyboys-Squadr...4845213&sr=8-3

Cameljockey 06-12-09 10:56 PM

Stealth Hunter, I don't see how you can be even a little objective in your comparisons when you don't even have OFF BH&H. If you did, you'd have your own screenshots and not mine.

CJ

msalama 06-13-09 12:37 AM

Impressive, yes, and the FMs are probably excellent, but how is this thing with stuff like systems modelling? Can we do, say, a detailed / realistic startup procedure if we so choose - simple as it may be with planes this old and straightforward?

PS. And oh yeah, the most realistic CFS so far is DCS:Black Shark of course :know:

Task Force 06-13-09 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msalama (Post 1116718)
Impressive, yes, and the FMs are probably excellent, but how is this thing with stuff like systems modelling? Can we do, say, a detailed / realistic startup procedure if we so choose - simple as it may be with planes this old and straightforward?

PS. And oh yeah, the most realistic CFS so far is DCS:Black Shark of course :know:

Agreed with that, DCS black shark has to be the best combat flight sim i have seen in realism. almost every system modeled.:yep: and I think the aircraft/ground vehicles look a bit better.

FIREWALL 06-13-09 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1116626)

bump :DL

Stealth Hunter 06-13-09 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameljockey (Post 1116706)
Stealth Hunter, I don't see how you can be even a little objective in your comparisons when you don't even have OFF BH&H. If you did, you'd have your own screenshots and not mine.

CJ

I did play it, remember?:03:

Cameljockey 06-13-09 07:55 AM

You said you did, but I seriously doubt that that is true. You've been an avid OFF basher for a good while and I really don't believe there's any way that you could make a subjective comparison. IMHO, your comparison is moot. The screenshots that you posted looked suspiciously like shots from Phase 2 (with the exception of the Phase 3 shots you used that were mine). I've been flying OFF Phase 2 since April of '07 and BH&H since it came out in Jan '09 and I can tell the difference.

CJ

Stealth Hunter 06-13-09 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameljockey (Post 1116833)
You said you did, but I seriously doubt that that is true. You've been an avid OFF basher for a good while and I really don't believe there's any way that you could make a subjective comparison. IMHO, your comparison is moot. The screenshots that you posted looked suspiciously like shots from Phase 2 (with the exception of the Phase 3 shots you used that were mine). I've been flying OFF Phase 2 since April of '07 and BH&H since it came out in Jan '09 and I can tell the difference.

Believe what you like then.:salute:

Kratos 06-13-09 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1116626)

I have this game,but to be quite honest i loaded it up some time ago, around the same time i loaded IL2. I think i played it once, but IL2 was more pleasing to the eye, so i kinda got attached to IL2 and F.S. got shelved and never got round to installing again. If i recall the graphics were nothing to write home about, and the gameplay..... well honestly i never gave it a chance. Might dig it out of the dusty old shoebox and try again :03:

Biggles 06-13-09 12:42 PM

Everyone can't like the same things. I for example, think that the game Half Life 2 is very mediocre, while the rest of the world praise it as the best game ever etc....

:hmmm:

FIREWALL 06-13-09 02:12 PM

I have a question. :hmmm:

Do's OFF run on the CFS3 engine ?

I hope I'm asking this right.

Raptor1 06-13-09 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1116967)
I have a question. :hmmm:

Do's OFF run on the CFS3 engine ?

I hope I'm asking this right.

OFF runs on the CFS3 engine, and needs the original CFS3 to work

FIREWALL 06-13-09 02:21 PM

Thx Raptor1 :salute:

I just got off of ebay looking at it and the average price for a new sealed cfs3 is $15.00 + shipping.

They also have cfs3 Battle over Europe at an average of $18.00 +shipping.

How much is OFF going for if I might ask ?

BTW both versions said XP was the OS it can run on.