SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]WideScreen Mod: First Beta Release (Jan 21, 2009) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147044)

StarLion45 01-26-09 10:51 AM

Sun halo problem

Hi there Rubini & Reece :D

As you all saw in my last screenshot , this problem always showing up when I finish taking screenshot , not in the game . But I have the sun halo problem :yep:
But i don't know how to get into those dat.files. :-?
How do I do that:o

Fubar2Niner 01-26-09 01:24 PM

Rubini

This latest shot taken using 16km as you can see, still no sun halo :cry:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...2niner/16k.jpg

I can wait tho shipmate, I'm sure one of you guys will figure a way round it :up:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Rubini 01-26-09 02:02 PM

Thanks Fubar2nine,
Like I guessed it work the same in 8km/16km environment, WScreen ok, but no sun halo. Perhaps someone could find a solution...I really tried everything that I could thought until now without luck.:shifty:

Reece 01-26-09 06:38 PM

Well now, I'd say that it was a fault on the ENV Skycolor files, may be able to adjust the Sky_atl1.tga, I'm no expert but what ever the difference is between the 8 & 16k Envskycolor files may hold the key.:yep:

Church SUBSIM 01-27-09 01:34 AM

Thank you so much for working on this issue - I stopped playing SHIII (which is hard esp since GWX 3.0 is now out) because of this widescreen issue.

I have a Samsung 245BW 24" (16:10 @1900x1200, 60h).

I will test it out and get back to you.

Thanks again!

Rubini 01-27-09 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece
Well now, I'd say that it was a fault on the ENV Skycolor files, may be able to adjust the Sky_atl1.tga, I'm no expert but what ever the difference is between the 8 & 16k Envskycolor files may hold the key.:yep:

No, we have no differences between 8km/16km. The mod works and have the same problems for both. And this is not a colour problem. To have WScreen work I modified the cameras.dat forcing the game to put all the cameras a bit to the right, all worked well but not the sunhalo. This is why the sun halo is still present at the far left of the screen.:hmm:

StarLion45 01-27-09 06:48 PM

Important

:D Hi Rubini & Reece :D

I was looking through the " Unofficial Screenshot Thread " , and get surprised:o
Jimbuna have the sun halo on his screenshot :yep: And he has a 22'' widescreen res.1920x1080 :p I copyed his screenshot

Look here :

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8...eenshotie5.jpg

Reece 01-27-09 07:10 PM

That image is not wide though, he was probably showing that fixed scaling works ok on a wide monitor, just a guess.:yep:
@ Rubini, I could see the sun disc but didnt notice the halo to the left (bright clouds) till I took a closer look!! certainly is wierd!:-?
ARE YOU READING THIS PRIVATEER!! Do you have any ideas?:D

Castout 01-28-09 08:29 PM

Thanks Rubini for this widescreen fix. This should be stickied don't you all think so?

My only gripe is that this fix is not compatible with OLC GUI mod. The periscope view is somehow wrong. Could anyone make this fix to be compatible with OLC GUI mod please?:D

Fubar2Niner 02-04-09 04:35 PM

@Rubini how goes it with this mod ? Is there any progression, beta showed great promise. :yep:

Best regards.

Fubar2niner

makman94 02-04-09 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout
Thanks Rubini for this widescreen fix. This should be stickied don't you all think so?

My only gripe is that this fix is not compatible with OLC GUI mod. The periscope view is somehow wrong. Could anyone make this fix to be compatible with OLC GUI mod please?:D

hello,do you have s3d ? (and know how to use it? )

Reece 02-04-09 07:42 PM

Anyone wanting S3D see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571

jimmie 02-04-09 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94
Quote:

I had same problem with NYGM + Hitman's new optics (by Rubini's explanation and checking out what was actually changed from stock, I modified cameras.dat by myself to see the effect). I only fiddled with a few hours trying to figure out the values relation in scope with but failed :cry: It wasn't simply offsetting some value so far as I checked out.

makman94 02-05-09 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
jimmie[/B]]
Quote:

Quote:

I had same problem with NYGM + Hitman's new optics (by Rubini's explanation and checking out what was actually changed from stock, I modified cameras.dat by myself to see the effect). I only fiddled with a few hours trying to figure out the values relation in scope with but failed :cry: It wasn't simply offsetting some value so far as I checked out.

jimmie and castout,

open rubini's camera.dat AND yours camera.dat (with s3d). replace ALL the rubini's values at
1. dummy cam uzo
2. dummy cam obs periscope
3. dummy cam periscope
4. dummy cam binocular

with the values that you get from yours camera.dat

it is working( i use olc gui 127) so take care..

bye

jimmie 02-05-09 08:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
jimmie[/B]]
Quote:

Quote:

jimmie and castout,

open rubini's camera.dat AND yours camera.dat (with s3d). replace ALL the rubini's values at
1. dummy cam uzo
2. dummy cam obs periscope
3. dummy cam periscope
4. dummy cam binocular

with the values that you get from yours camera.dat

it is working( i use olc gui 127) so take care..

bye

That's how I started in the first place. When I checked Rubini's cameras.dat for uzo, obs, attack peri except bino the value for "right" was not changed.. And if my memory serves, value for the bino didn't seemed to be a value calculated relative relation but just add 1 (which did look working but I had no way to measure if it was optimal aspect ratio).

The thing is, I tried to modify over Hitman's optics which tweaks FOV, and the magnification is also different, and this moves the center of stock scope view horizontally. It's not as simple as I first hoped to.