SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   The Kriegsmarine add on for OM. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181851)

jaxa 04-17-11 07:55 AM

I've tried to play SH5 some times, but couldn't find atmosphere similar to SHIII/GWX, even in small part (this game, apart of graphic, is one big mistake for me). On the opposed side SHIII/GWX has, unfortunately, outdated graphic (very important thing in all kinds of simulators). Only choice is, basing on lurker's OM/OMEGU, try to make megamod compared to GWX, but with better graphic. I hope you guys do it as well as you can :up:

drakkhen20 04-17-11 08:01 AM

thnaks guys. i hope we won't disapoint anybody.

iambecomelife 04-17-11 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markdenny (Post 1644791)
Will there be any improvement to the crews uniforms in this new mod/upgrade ie proper wet weather gear/cold weather gear as shirt sleeves in the mid atlantic in winter not very real.All the other upgrades/mods look fantastic cant wait and it would'nt be trashing LURKERS FINE OM/OMEGU just enhansing it.Keep up the good work looking forward to the new VII A. :arrgh!:

This is easy to mod; there are files for selecting crew clothing based on weather and other conditions. I can take care of it.

jaxa 04-17-11 10:26 AM

Nice to see that old guard from SHIII modding community start with making SHIV more playable for Uboot fans :up:

MaddogK 04-17-11 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkhen20 (Post 1644711)
Wow, I just got a pm from lurker. he said he has wolfpacks in OM. I dont know what they consist of though. Hhhmmm... Also he feels that we are trashing his work. I dont know what to say to all this. I explained we are not trying to trash it but add to it what some of the community feels that some areas need improvement or fixing. So hopefuly I didn't stir up nothing. Ive been treading through this as politly as possible. We'll wait and see I guess...:nope::damn:

This is why I asked for someone to go thru the campaign files, the OM 7A is an AI boat and I suspect at the heart of any OM Wolfpack action. I'll make adjustments to the playable 7A to ensure it's won't kill the AI boat, but the human playable 7A will have to be written into the OM campaign.

nemo7 04-18-11 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 1644985)
This is easy to mod; there are files for selecting crew clothing based on weather and other conditions. I can take care of it.

Great news matey...:yep:

Wolfstriked 04-18-11 07:17 PM

Something that could use improving in OM.:D

When you press to go to control room you are looking at your bed in the IIB.This makes it feel non-fluid in that your constantly having to turn around everytime you leave the nav map.When your on bridge and you click Rmouse button twice your placed in sub in perfect spot.....you can see the dials,you can click on nav map,you can click on observation scope(maybe change it to attack)and you can click on conning tower to head back up.I do not know if other uboats are like this.....

Madox58 04-18-11 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkhen20 (Post 1644711)
Wow, I just got a pm from lurker. he said he has wolfpacks in OM. I dont know what they consist of though. Hhhmmm... Also he feels that we are trashing his work. I dont know what to say to all this. I explained we are not trying to trash it but add to it what some of the community feels that some areas need improvement or fixing. So hopefuly I didn't stir up nothing. Ive been treading through this as politly as possible. We'll wait and see I guess...:nope::damn:

Well I do not see you touching his original works.
You are createing an add-on.
GWX has many people creating add-ons and such and no one is stopping them.
As long as Your not useing his files, And You are overwriting his files with Custom stuff?
You need no permissions.

jaxa 04-19-11 12:30 PM

Privateer is absolutely right, there is no need to wait for permission from lurker to create addon for OM/OMEGU. Lurker has done fantastic job with OM, but he is, IMHO, too jealous about it. He can't prohibit creating addons for OM - more, in my opinion he should be happy that other people use his work as a base, solid base.

BTW, is it chance to make facelifting for TDC instruments? Maybe Karamazov could do it? TDC panels looks like coloured pencils drawings now, is it chance to make them more photorealistic, like in addons for SH5? Recognition manual is the same - looks ugly for me, RM from GWX looks better. Maybe talented modders from GWX team or modders from SHIII & SH5 workshop forums would find time for help with it? Maybe it would be good to announce an appeal at SHIII & SH5 workshop forums with requesting for help?

Wolfstriked 04-19-11 01:19 PM

I also agree that OM could use tweaking.When using the recognition manual it covers the periscope screen,its too bright and the surrounding dials are also too bright so that night attacks in OM seems impossible to me. I do not have OMEGU installed so that may cure it though.

drakkhen20 04-19-11 03:53 PM

@wolfstriked,
no i agree with you. i made a request to darken the background and such and we actually have it where its red nightlighting but it doesn't cycle from day or night. i've been told it is hard coded in the exe file itself which noone can modify because of knowledge and time. but we are working on it and i'm making notes.:salute:

markdenny 04-20-11 03:07 AM

inside the u boat

Would it be possible to have the interior of the uboat i.e from the 9d2 project extra compartments ans sleeping crew ? :hmmm:

nemo7 04-20-11 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxa (Post 1646656)
Privateer is absolutely right, there is no need to wait for permission from lurker to create addon for OM/OMEGU. Lurker has done fantastic job with OM, but he is, IMHO, too jealous about it. He can't prohibit creating addons for OM - more, in my opinion he should be happy that other people use his work as a base, solid base.

BTW, is it chance to make facelifting for TDC instruments? Maybe Karamazov could do it? TDC panels looks like coloured pencils drawings now, is it chance to make them more photorealistic, like in addons for SH5? Recognition manual is the same - looks ugly for me, RM from GWX looks better. Maybe talented modders from GWX team or modders from SHIII & SH5 workshop forums would find time for help with it? Maybe it would be good to announce an appeal at SHIII & SH5 workshop forums with requesting for help?

TOTALLY AGREE

drakkhen20 04-20-11 02:50 PM

@markdenny,
i've pmed ducimas about using it, but i havent got a response back from him. so i don't really know if he will let us use it or not. it would be a great addition to our mod though.

drakkhen20 04-20-11 02:53 PM

also if we could find someone to redo the GUI we might consider it. i for one don't mind any of the GUIs in OM, there 10 times better than stock sh4. but once we find someone that has that knowledge we'll look into. hitman is doing a new background but thats as far as it goes. i might talk to him about seeing if its possible to convert sh5 GUIs into sh4.