SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   February 2012 New Member Sign Up (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192089)

Jimbuna 02-14-12 08:26 AM

Welcome bentwing :sunny:

Marinenachrichtendienst 02-14-12 06:24 PM

:sunny:Warmest welcome to the SubSim bunker !! :sunny:

Hereward_Hawker 02-15-12 05:43 AM

I've been playing sims for years, usually WW1 and WW2 air simulators.

About submarine ones, I mostly play SHII, also a bit of SoF and I'm currently in progress of finishing the campaign that I started several years ago (5 or 6). I recently discovered a savegame of it...so I'm now again on deck.

Perhaps when I finish the campaigns I'll switch to more modern ones...but before that I must polish my style (probably more suited to torpedo boats than to subs:rotfl2:) and learn better manoeouvres.

Also, I like a lot Napoleon Total War's naval combats, but there aren't subs there, just powder, sails and swords:arrgh!:

PS: Also, since I started playing, I've learnt German, at least the minimum to understand the crew. Hearing the order in OV and knowing what they are saying has been a great improvement in gameplay.

BossMark 02-15-12 06:04 AM

Welcome aboard Hereward_Hawker :salute::salute::salute:

u crank 02-15-12 07:04 AM

Welcome to Subsim. :salute:

MichaelJR 02-15-12 05:39 PM

Hello to you subsimmers all around

Having played SH 3 years ago (and of course with some mods, latest was GWX which is....just great :rock: ) I left the scene due to job, kids and other stuff and other cool sims - yes there are a few: e.g. IL-2, Total War :cool:. Then wasted some times on Settlers and Anno, which are quite ok and finally did a couple of role play games like Gothic, Spellforce and such. Still to come are The Witcher and Dragon Age - it's a pity having so less time :cry:. Only loose clinged to SH at that time I managed to get nice priced Coll.Ed's of SH4+5 and this month interrupted normal life by eventually installing SH 5 :yep: after hearing of Ubisoft's loosening bonds on gameplay constraints. What shall I say, I am addicted again and try to enhance immersion by following topics at subsim and trying mods :yeah:.
First of all, since I am not a modder due to restricted abilities, I thank you modders and community to do such a great job and will try to produce some input or at least to pester someone with any questions I may have ;).
Thanks again for maintaining a living community.
Kind regards
Michael

Reece 02-15-12 05:39 PM

Greetings Hereward_Hawker and Michael, welcome to Subsim!:salute:

Marinenachrichtendienst 02-15-12 07:40 PM

:sunny:Warmest welcome, Hereward_Hawker and Michael ! :sunny:

u crank 02-15-12 07:52 PM

Welcome to subsim MichaelJR. :salute:

Calapine 02-15-12 09:42 PM

*waves* Hello!

Not really a new member, I signed up yeeeears ago, but suddenly got the urge again to play the good old silent hunter 3. Amazing how many people are still here enjoying that "old" game!:)

jaonion 02-15-12 11:39 PM

Cdr Jao

Gutin, Vegatiinan. I hope you all are well and I wish you good hunting. Hello, been playing sh3 for a while, took awhile to install in win 7.

Reece 02-16-12 12:51 AM

Hi Cdr Jao, welcome to Subsim!:yep:

Marinenachrichtendienst 02-16-12 04:09 AM

:sunny:Warmest welcome, Jaonion !! :sunny:

u crank 02-16-12 06:27 AM

Welcome to Subsim jaonion. :salute:

Charteris 02-16-12 10:45 AM

Ahoy, community!

I played the original Silent Hunter and, over the years, toyed with a lot of simulators of all kinds. I spent a looong time with Lineage II and Eve Online but stopped playing everything to focus on academic pursuits. I now have time for a little foray into gaming again and spent yesterday looking around for something different.

I have to admit the 'unfinished' nature of this game was a major problem in my thinking...until I spent a few hours reading the SHV forums. What an amazing community?! Never seen anything like such dedication and - let's be honest - pure love for the game poured into making it work to the extent where you can all enjoy it as it should be enjoyed.

You guys sold it for me and I'm just waiting for it to download so I can install and make a start. So...hello all and see you on the wet side!

Cheers,
Charteris.

P.S. I just have one question I'll post into the relevant section