SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Spaxs SH4:Uboat Missions SPEECH FIX (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792)

Goose_green 03-08-08 02:11 PM

Great work guys :up: I recieved the add on today and I started a new career, and was immediately dismayed to hear American voices :down: When will Ubi get it right? I can't believe they missed this one out.

Anyway, I'm downloading the 2nd version of the speech fix now.

Many thanks for your hard work :)

kapitan_zur_see 03-08-08 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose_green
Great work guys :up: I recieved the add on today and I started a new career, and was immediately dismayed to hear American voices :down: When will Ubi get it right? I can't believe they missed this one out.

Anyway, I'm downloading the 2nd version of the speech fix now.

Many thanks for your hard work :)

I second that! ;)
Two thumbs up for your work :up::up: !!

Thanks mate

Ilpalazzo 03-09-08 07:12 PM

Just got the u-boat missions and the first thing I noticed were the american voices. Couldn't have that. Was about to request german voices or try to figure it out on my own.

Nice to see this here. Thank you so much.:up:

ATR-42 03-10-08 04:24 PM

:damn:
dammit! just got shot at by a liberty ship and Mr. Bjorn K. Hahn informed me; "We're under attack, Sir!" ...in English

maybe hes been getting lessons since we left port but something tells me i let one slip by! i'll report back with any changes/findings.... let me know if you guys find any more too.

ATR-42 03-10-08 07:28 PM

I just searched and played each of the "we're under attack" speech files, they were all in german???

can you guys think of why my system said it in english? is there another file i can search for and check?
The only thing i can think of, the "we're under attack message" may have been played from a US track, which is supposed to be said by a different officer than the German one. In any event, im going to use the german speech file, rename it to replace the US Voice when the mod is activated, while keeping the other ones and see if that works.

this should be a fun one to test out :doh:

while im at it, adjusted the crash dive and regular dive sound to a hair under 8 seconds and included a fast fade out to clean it up.

and last, there were one or two emergency blow speech files left with the nasty high pitch hissing sound that i edited as well.

i'll report back.

====
Edit
Discovered. "Flak gun ready, and Deck gun ready" sounds SH4 was using the english files, so i have also adjusted them to be german.
SH was also using the english files for "were under attack" those have been corrected
Schultzy got back to me with the secure from battle changes
updated credits file, so now i can sleep at night :)

expect update shortly.
====new compilation mod pack being uploaded now....

ATR-42 03-11-08 03:58 PM

New Version with speech fixes

Updated to Version 8 see post 95

stabiz 03-11-08 05:53 PM

http://www.afrika.no/files/images/424-terning6.jpg

1480 03-11-08 06:12 PM

Quote:

New Version of the sound fix is up... Completely replaces the old.
Are ya shoor dis time? :rotfl:

Great job!!!!

Fish40 03-11-08 06:19 PM

Tremendous!:up:

ATR-42 03-11-08 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1480
Are ya shoor dis time?

LOL yes!
these guys keep sneaking english in on my patrols! I think i got them all though this time. no more english lessons on this uboat! :o

i could have just issued a 'patch' but i like to just keep things simple with mods, one mod per 'subject area' :smug:

Von_Virus 03-13-08 03:23 PM

ATR-42, good work, but "we re too dep to launch, sir" is still english.
P.S. Sory for my english.

ATR-42 03-13-08 03:27 PM

RATS! Confirmed here as well....

thank you! i'll fix it at the next release. All those finding english please post, when i get three changes or more i'll update!

:oops: :arrgh!:

PS. for some reason the game calls on some english files regardless of their german counterparts, when i find one the game uses i take the german file, rename it to the english file its calling on and switch them out. Usually there are three per speech subfolder.

Doolittle81 03-13-08 03:44 PM

Does this new Mod include the previous "German Voice Extra" Mod?

ATR-42 03-13-08 03:45 PM

It does not, if you wish to use his sounds you can enable it after this speech fix, he just changed some sounds. All the fixes are included into this compilation.

EDIT=========
I think i may have misread the above post, this mod includes every mod in THIS thread by each author, all piled up into one. There was another sound fix released in another thread with some sounds, this compilation does not include that one.

Dogzero1 03-13-08 06:47 PM

Great work ATR.:up: :yep: