SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 players, Introduce yourself: roll call II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219382)

Aktungbby 01-04-19 12:13 PM

welcome aboard!

hammeroflight!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-04-19 03:50 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > hammeroflight
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Who needs SH6 when we have TWoS. Ubisoft could never produce anything as good as this.

Jimbuna 01-05-19 07:16 AM

Welcome to SubSim hammer :salute:

Steve Gad 01-05-19 12:14 PM

I'm a 57 year old former professional musician/radio presenter and long time sim fan (starting in 1982 with Psion flight sim on Spectrum)
I've only just moved to SH5 from SH3 (I bypassed SH4 although I DO have it.
After DAYS of pulling out my hair, trying to make the Steam version of SH5 work with mods (patch this, open this data file, install cabinet file viewer, edit this, etc. STOP!!!!) I have found a DVD copy of SH5 for sale and it is on its way as I type this.
The main reason for my writing in this, is to thank all of the modders, paint jobbers and those who contribute to these Sims. I'm always knocked out by the dedication of you guys and to find people who share my passion for these sims is a complete joy. I hope that buying the proper version of Sh5, I'll soon be able to join in properly.
I've been lurking in and around here for quite a while, but I just wanted to come in and thank you guys for all you do. :Kaleun_Salute:

skin-nl 01-06-19 09:21 AM

Welcome Steve :salute:

Did you install TWOS for the steam version? I heard it's user friendly.

THEBERBSTER 01-06-19 03:36 PM

Hi Steve

Quote:

I have found a DVD copy of SH5 for sale and it is on its way as I type this.
You will not be able to use this dvd unless you purchase a new DVD key.

All SH5 discs are locked to the original user in Uplay.

Login
Password
DVD key.

Your SH5 STEAM download is compatible with the TWoS mega mod which contains a STEAM conversion as part of the installation process.

Peter

propbeanie 01-06-19 05:35 PM

... and the Steam TWoS install works without issue. Good stuff!. :salute:

Kapitan 01-20-19 04:54 AM

Good morning all

Not new here by any stretch of the imagination, but i am a long time Dangerous Waters driver and SHIII and IV player i also do have limited experience in SH5 which i have been playing on and off since its release.

I have never managed to get all the way through which really bugs me i get as far as 1940 and that's it i cant go no further and i have failed the missions anyway because i couldn't get the tonnage, i mean how can you? i do play with nearly full realism on so its difficult at best and with the depth not keeping steady is a pain too.

nutworld 01-20-19 04:05 PM

Returning to the game after years off

Greetings :Kaleun_Salute:

After spending many years playing SH III GWX, I purchased SH V and played the stock version, never truly being able to immerse myself in V as I did III.

Well, seeing game play on YouTube the bug stuck again and I'm playing stock to get a feel for the controls as well as wanting to play, I am back.

Ultimately, I hope to get TWoS up and running but my first two attempts have resulted in CTD. GRR. That was the issue that I had playing the modded version the first go around.

I see many tagged posts about installing TWoS and apparently am not smart enough to figure them all out.

Wondering how it is possible to complete the British Coastal Waters Patrol XX area without any official "patrol grid" map in the stock game. Interesting that they included that mission but not a grid map. Always confused me.

Anyway. Back to the patrol.

DRanck 01-22-19 10:04 AM

Hi Everyone form Florida, USA

Hi everyone,

This is a great community and I want to thank the modders and those that have provided a wealth of info for us players. Without you, I wouldn't be playing Silent Hunter.

I'm 63 and live in Florida, A LONG time ago I worked on 688s and Tridents at Electric Boat in Groton, CT. Now I'm a Real Estate agent - not retired yet.

I've been playing sub sims since Red Storm Rising on a C64 back in the 80's. I recently reinstalled SH3 and SH5, and have been having a ball.

Dave

Aktungbby 01-22-19 10:44 AM

welcome aboard!

DRanck!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-22-19 11:00 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Dranck
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Jimbuna 01-22-19 11:50 AM

Welcome to SubSim DRanck :salute:

skin-nl 01-22-19 01:36 PM

Welcome DRanck :salute:

If you play SH5....Install The Wolves Of Steel mod!!!

Michael

Jeremy 02-03-19 01:11 PM

Hello all

Hi

My Name is Jeremy and I joined subsim in 2006, wow has time flown by :)

Due to life, kids, work etc, I haven't been able to spend much time with the silent hunter series.

within the last few months, I have re-installed silent hunter 5 after happening upon the twos mod, and wow, what a game changer it has been :)

my work does take up a huge amount of my time, but I am truly enjoying SH5 now and the effort these incredibly talented modders have put into the sim to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Best Regards to all

Jeremy