SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Subsim Forum regulars' bios, pics, 'how you found Subsim' (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=87423)

Dowly 03-28-08 11:27 AM

@Hawk

Any change to get a pic of the aquarium? Pleeeeeease? ;)

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 12:52 PM

Yeah sure, I have a destroyer with two torp holes on the bottom. I then took a screenshot and printed it up of a fleet boat. Taped it to the back glass.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...untitled-2.jpg

Sorry it is blurry. Friggin camera phone. $500.00 Samsung Ace PDA and the camera blows. Then again, I did not get it for the camera. Look to the left in the back and you will see the sub. I will try to get a clear shot tonight.

ReallyDedPoet 03-28-08 12:55 PM

Nice. Where did you get the destroyer from?

RDP

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:

Quite a den you have there AVG http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

I used to collect 1/35 Tamiya WWII AFV's and 1/700 waterlins naval vessels.

I'm just running out of room to collect any more. Besides, as my girls grow so does the bills of things they want. Crayons and a coloring book just do not get it anymore. :doh:

Yep, tell me about it, I've a son 19 and a daughter 15 tomorrow :doh:

My eldest just turned 13 and my youngest will be 10 next month. So you know the drill. A barbie doll or a matchbox car does not cut it anymore. It is IPOD, laptop, cellphone, gameboy advance or DS, Wii, Xbox.....you get the picture and the empty wallet as well:oops:

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 12:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quite a den you have there AVG http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

I used to collect 1/35 Tamiya WWII AFV's and 1/700 waterlins naval vessels.

I'm just running out of room to collect any more. Besides, as my girls grow so does the bills of things they want. Crayons and a coloring book just do not get it anymore. :doh:

Yep, tell me about it, I've a son 19 and a daughter 15 tomorrow :doh:

My eldest just turned 13 and my youngest will be 10 next month. So you know the drill. A barbie doll or a matchbox car does not cut it anymore. It is IPOD, laptop, cellphone, gameboy advance or DS, Wii, Xbox.....you get the picture and the empty wallet as well:oops: But you know what, when they color a picture or draw something for you, it is just great. The first time I took them to the Torsk, they came home and drew a picture of the Torsk with 'I love Dad' on it....priceless:up:

Dowly 03-28-08 01:02 PM

Amazing mate! Too bad about the blurry camera... tho, thank god for it, I would have PM'd you and asked for dozens of close-ups of those Luftwaffe planes if you had a digital camera. :rotfl:

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 01:04 PM

You are I luck. My wife asked for a digital camera for her B-day which is next month. Once in hand and I can pry it from here hands I will get you those pics. :up:

Dowly 03-28-08 01:11 PM

Quote:

You are I luck. My wife asked for a digital camera for her B-day which is next month. Once in hand and I can pry it from here hands I will get you those pics. :up:

Would be highly appreciated, mate. :up: Oh, I had one question too. What happened with the numbering on the first 109. :huh:

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Would be highly appreciated, mate. :up: Oh, I had one question too. What happened with the numbering on the first 109. :huh:

This is actually a Armour Collection diecast metal 1/78 scale. It was painted like that from the factory. I had read somewhere the often the Luftwaffe would just paint over what was already on the plane depending on gruppe, where they were flying and the camo used for the weather at the particular time they were flying. So, Armour who was located in Italy and subsequently purchased by Franklin Mint painted their 109 and 190 as if it was in the war and not factory fresh. They looked for historical accuracy when painting their models.

Dowly 03-28-08 01:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is actually a Armour Collection diecast metal 1/78 scale. It was painted like that from the factory. I had read somewhere the often the Luftwaffe would just paint over what was already on the plane depending on gruppe, where they were flying and the camo used for the weather at the particular time they were flying. So, Armour who was located in Italy and subsequently purchased by Franklin Mint painted their 109 and 190 as if it was in the war and not factory fresh. They looked for historical accuracy when painting their models.

That's weird. Never seen that before. I've seen planes that have had the spot painted with a BG colour and then painted with the numbers & letters. :doh: I mean, how could someone from the flight identify a plane that carries that kind of markings on top of eachother. Dont want to break your balls here but I've never seen that. :huh:

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 01:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's weird. Never seen that before. I've seen planes that have had the spot painted with a BG colour and then painted with the numbers & letters. :doh: I mean, how could someone from the flight identify a plane that carries that kind of markings on top of eachother. Dont want to break your balls here but I've never seen that. :huh:

I did not either and I question it when I got the thing. All the others where painted the same. So I did not pay attention to it. Then it came clear when I read about it. It is in one of my books. I will attempt to find it again. But, yes, I thought it was strange but Armour/Franklin Mint will paint a model of a the real plane as it sits so they referenced it somewhere. I might be able to see under the wing to find out who's plane with was. Others in my collection such as my Pappy Boyington Corsair is painted as he had it, etc.

We are hijacking the thread. Let me see if I can find out where I read this and PM you.

TDK1044 03-28-08 01:47 PM

AVG is secretly Clive Cussler. If you look closely, you can see Dirk Pitt trying to raise the Titanic. :D

Dowly 03-28-08 01:48 PM

Quote:

We are hijacking the thread. Let me see if I can find out where I read this and PM you.

Fair enough! :up:

AVGWarhawk 03-28-08 02:19 PM

Check your PM.

Dowly 03-28-08 02:26 PM

Replied, ta mate. Still wondering. ;)