SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514)

DivingDuck 05-10-07 03:52 AM

Moin,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maraz
Do we still have hope of some improvements of this amazing mod?
Such as moving the periscope up/down or maybe adding a new submarine room?

Maraz

I´m slowed down by real life atm. But I´m still after it.

Regards,
DD

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr 05-10-07 06:06 PM

looking forward to it DD :rock:

urfisch 05-11-07 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Thank you Urfisch and DD :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

this mod is great and looking foreward to see the engine room :up:

me too. but i think this may last a bit longer. too complex at the moment.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr 05-11-07 06:11 AM

take the time needed mate :up:.

Sailor Steve 05-11-07 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderF
I do have a question, since this appears to be the only success I've seen really modding the interior of the U-Boats...

...any possibility of adding the "well" for the attack periscope in the control room? IE., the tube that runs through the middle of the room, near the obs scope, where the attack periscope (currently modelled as elevated to the conning town) sits when not in use?

I've asked for this many times; but you do have one small mistake: the attack scope housing is right behind the conning tower ladder, but it's near where the observation scope is in the game, not in real life. There is a mod which moves the observation scope to its true position in front of the ladder, and it is used in the open hatch mod. I agree, the attack scope housing is important, as it is very large and takes up a big portion of the control room.

XanderF 05-12-07 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderF
I do have a question, since this appears to be the only success I've seen really modding the interior of the U-Boats...

...any possibility of adding the "well" for the attack periscope in the control room? IE., the tube that runs through the middle of the room, near the obs scope, where the attack periscope (currently modelled as elevated to the conning town) sits when not in use?

I've asked for this many times; but you do have one small mistake: the attack scope housing is right behind the conning tower ladder, but it's near where the observation scope is in the game, not in real life. There is a mod which moves the observation scope to its true position in front of the ladder, and it is used in the open hatch mod. I agree, the attack scope housing is important, as it is very large and takes up a big portion of the control room.

Well, I did mean "near" in the VERY most abstract sense, but, yeah, you are absolutely right. Those periscope tubes are REALLY long, and penetrate deep into the hull. Missing the housing for them running through the control room...definitely feels more 'empty' than it should.

jcalonso 05-12-07 11:34 AM

Rudderman station

Urfish, DD: Here's another challenge for your magnificent skills: add the rudderman station in his position in the conning tower near the attack scope station. Please read this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113989
Congratulations on your excellent work.:up: :up: :up: :up:

DivingDuck 05-18-07 01:32 PM

@jcalonso:

that´s a good point. And the ToCheck/ToDo list is growing longer and longer.

Regards,
DD

cobalt 05-29-07 08:18 PM

Hey DD, I have a quick question. I can't use my hydrophone anymore with your mod. When I hit H to go to the hydrophone position it spawns me right on top of it and i am unable to use.

any suggestions?

kevtherev 05-30-07 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt
Hey DD, I have a quick question. I can't use my hydrophone anymore with your mod. When I hit H to go to the hydrophone position it spawns me right on top of it and i am unable to use.

any suggestions?

I had something like this also and found out that when I enabled the LoRes part of the mod, instead of the Hires everything was o/k. Please don't ask why as I have no idea, am only giving a clue. :hmm:

cobalt 05-30-07 08:23 PM

I have the hi-res version enabled

DivingDuck 05-31-07 02:25 AM

Moin,
Quote:

any suggestions?

can you post a list of all enabled mods?

Regards,
DD

cobalt 05-31-07 10:25 AM

16km mod
changed intro movie
reduced positive bouyancy

kevtherev 05-31-07 12:47 PM

Quote:

I have the hi-res version enabled

Try the Lores version.

CaptainCox 05-31-07 02:07 PM

I have a question to DD. It might have been covered in this thread but it's HUGE!
Anyhow, did you need to move the whole forrad compartment in order to do this mod?. Or was it already lined up?

I am asking as the compartments in SH4 are not lined up AT ALL!