SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

doppleganger 03-27-11 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1628502)
SH3 Commander does NOT go inside SH3. It goes into Program Files. Did you not follow the instructions?

Yup, I follow instructions.

Taken directly from SH3 Commander manual:

"SH3 Commander can be installed anywhere and is totally independent of Silent Hunter III. "

Gerald 03-27-11 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doppleganger (Post 1628853)

"SH3 Commander can be installed anywhere and is totally independent of Silent Hunter III. "

Then you're on the right track, :up:

Sailor Steve 03-27-11 01:04 PM

Quote:

But I don't think it was meant to be installed inside of the game it controls, or else it can't control it. I could be wrong, but I've never had the problems you describe, so one of us is doing it wrong. :D

Fish In The Water 03-27-11 07:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1628992)
But I don't think it was meant to be installed inside of the game it controls, or else it can't control it. I could be wrong, but I've never had the problems you describe, so one of us is doing it wrong. :D

Not to get all 'right and wrong here', but the meaning of "anywhere" seems to be pretty unambiguous...

While individual experience may vary, I've run the same setup for years and never experienced the 'rollback' issues doppelganger originally reported. Take that for what it's worth, but for my money, I'd be looking elsewhere for the probable cause. :DL

Jimbuna 03-28-11 04:47 PM

SH3 Commander is a standalone programme and as such should be treated the same as with similar applications....it is rare that you would install an additional programme within an existing one...'normaly' you would point/indicate the programme you require it to interract with.

Jimbuna 03-28-11 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 1628858)
Then you're on the right track, :up:

Nope :nope:

Gerald 03-28-11 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1629938)
Nope :nope:

Please explain, thanks! :06:

Jimbuna 03-28-11 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 1629942)
Please explain, thanks! :06:

Well obviously not if he is still experiencing difficulties....could be in the interpretaion or execution of the actions.

Gerald 03-28-11 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1630056)
Well obviously not if he is still experiencing difficulties....could be in the interpretaion or execution of the actions.

PM sent!

Jimbuna 03-29-11 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 1630064)
PM sent!

Responded http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

doppleganger 03-30-11 07:33 AM

For those interested, I uninstalled SH3Cmdr from within the Silent Hunter 3 folder and then re-installed elsewhere. No change in behavior. The explanation about some weird interaction with Steam seems reasonable, so for now, I just wont use the rollback option and do it manually. No Biggie!

Thanks!

Chubster 04-01-11 05:16 PM

Starting a career Sept 39

In SH3C I choose september, II Flotilla, VII sub. But when I actually go to start a career I can only get that config if I start from Kiel, If I start from the other 2 bases I get the tiny sub (cant remember the make) and start in August ??

frau kaleun 04-01-11 05:33 PM

That's weird, I've always started in the 2 Flotilla with a Type VII and it puts me in Wilhelmshaven. That's in August 39 but it should be the same in September.

But your choice of flotilla will determine which base you start from - the flotillas are assigned to a particular base which depends on the date, in September 39 the 2nd is based at Wilhelmshaven. If you are in 2 Flotilla, you will start and end your patrol there; if you start from a different base, you're not in the 2 Flotilla.

When you select the 2 Flotilla in Commander to start a career, and then load the game and select that kaleun's names to start a new career there, and get to the screen where it shows the little map with the different bases marked up in the top right - there's a section to the left where you have to click on the forward or back arrows until it shows the flotilla that you selected in Commander. It won't default to it, you have to make sure you go through the list and select the same one.

If you have 'historical u-boat availability' checked in Commander then you can't start in Kiel (2 Flotilla) and get a VII, as 1 Flotilla out of Kiel only has Type IIs. If you are telling Commander to put you in 2 Flotilla but not also selecting that flotilla once you get into the game, I don't know what it does... :hmmm:

Chubster 04-01-11 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1633751)

When you select the 2 Flotilla in Commander to start a career, and then load the game and select that kaleun's names to start a new career there, and get to the screen where it shows the little map with the different bases marked up in the top right - there's a section to the left where you have to click on the forward or back arrows until it shows the flotilla that you selected in Commander. It won't default to it, you have to make sure you go through the list and select the same one.

Hmm....When in Commander there is no option of what base to start in just flotilla...so when I start game I choose the player name I created. Then a screen loads and I am already assigned to the correct flotilla. (The forward and backward arrows just change base) I then have a choice of three bases to choose from. Choosing any of then does not change the flotilla so I assumed I could start at any of those bases ?

frau kaleun 04-01-11 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubster (Post 1633779)
Hmm....When in Commander there is no option of what base to start in just flotilla...so when I start game I choose the player name I created. Then a screen loads and I am already assigned to the correct flotilla. (The forward and backward arrows just change base) I then have a choice of three bases to choose from. Choosing any of then does not change the flotilla so I assumed I could start at any of those bases ?

No, no, and no. :DL

The flotilla you select in Commander is assigned to a particular base; you must start from that base to be assigned to that flotilla in the game. The base you choose in the game will determine your flotilla. A flotilla is assigned to a particular base for a particular date range; you can't mix and match.

If you told Commander you wanted the 2 Flotilla but select Kiel as a base in the game, the game will assign you to 1 Flotilla because that is the flotilla that was based at Kiel (when the war started). To start in 2 Flotilla, you must select Wilhelmshaven as a base because only 2 Flotilla is based at Wilhelmshaven in Sept 1939.

When you look at that screen in the game, the bit above the "selectable" bases that says what flotilla you selected? That is there to tell you that *this* is the flotilla you told Commander you were going to start in. You still need to use the backward/forward arrows to tell the game that you are selecting it.

Commander allows you to "pre-select" a base/flotilla; it assumes you will make that same selection once you get into the game. But Commander won't force the game to put you in 2 Flotilla if you tell the game you want to be based at Kiel. If you tell the game to base you at Kiel, it will assign you to 1 Flotilla no matter what you told Commander.