SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Elder Scrolls V in the works - direct sequel to Oblivion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177327)

Takeda Shingen 12-13-11 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1804606)
Just Photoshop. ;)

The S and T in 'TALOS' are copied from the above word 'INSULT', the O is from 'WHO'.

Huh. How about that? You're right, and you've got a better eye than I do. Not the first time either.

Spike88 12-13-11 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1804606)
Just Photoshop. ;)

The S and T in 'TALOS' are copied from the above word 'INSULT', the O is from 'WHO'.

It's definitely a photoshop, but I don't think the T from Insul' is the same one used in Talos, it looks different. Also the A is from Behead, but that's another story.

http://infernalfairground.files.word...sult_islam.jpg
Here's the original image.

Dowly 12-13-11 02:42 PM

Yeah, remembered the original hence thought it would be a fake. :yep:

(and the T is from 'INSULT' :O:)

mookiemookie 12-13-11 08:11 PM

I believe someone mentioned it earlier but the curse of Bethesda's shallow pool of voice talent strikes again. I just got my first set of Dark Brotherhood contracts from Three Dog. :rotfl2:

Takeda Shingen 12-13-11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1804898)
I believe someone mentioned it earlier but the curse of Bethesda's shallow pool of voice talent strikes again. I just got my first set of Dark Brotherhood contracts from Three Dog. :rotfl2:

:haha:

That's exactly what I thought the first time too! "Three Dawg here! Lot of stuff goin' down in post apocalyptia today."

Spike88 12-14-11 12:02 PM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...hekneememe.jpg

Krauter 12-14-11 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1805157)

I used to abuse this meme.. then I took an.. wait what?

frau kaleun 12-18-11 04:32 PM

After vacillating about it for a while, I picked Skyrim up locally on impulse yesterday and have just finished installing it and it just finished updating and says it's ready to play. I ordered the humongous manual/walkthrough/whatever book from Amazon but I might not have it til after Christmas. :wah:

I think maybe I'm going to fire it up anyway and see how long I can stay alive without detailed instructions. :haha:

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.c...ter-is-off.jpg

Takeda Shingen 12-18-11 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1807233)
After vacillating about it for a while, I picked Skyrim up locally on impulse yesterday and have just finished installing it and it just finished updating and says it's ready to play. I ordered the humongous manual/walkthrough/whatever book from Amazon but I might not have it til after Christmas. :wah:

I think maybe I'm going to fire it up anyway and see how long I can stay alive without detailed instructions. :haha:

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.c...ter-is-off.jpg

One of us.....one of us......

Skyrim is very intuitive and extreemly forgiving. And, honestly, I have been reading that some of the things in that guide are incorrect, so you are better off playing 'from the hip', as it were. Welcome to your new obsession!

Arclight 12-18-11 04:50 PM

What's a "guide"? :O:

Think you'll be fine. :salute:

frau kaleun 12-18-11 05:30 PM

First impressions, it looks beautiful... but all the voices are way out of sync with the animations and there is terrible lag on the mouse and pointing/clicking is a nightmare, not to mention just trying to look around. FPS seems really bad, choppy and slow, response time to movement commands is also problematic. Basically I feel like I have no way to really control where I'm looking or going in a way that is conducive to decent gameplay.

Steam "detected" that my Options should be set to High but I'm wondering if I should back them down a bit? I tried changing them to Ultra High and it wasn't really any worse so I guess I could nudge them down to Medium and see if that helps. Or maybe I need to tweak something in my GPU software?

I've got as far as almost being beheaded and then the dragon came and then I ran into the keep and trying to get up the stairs was terrible because: see above. Then I thought I heard somebody say to jump from the roof which I did but then I was just running around and couldn't seem to get out of the village so I gave up. You see THIS IS WHY I NEED A GUIDE. :O:

Takeda Shingen 12-18-11 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1807264)
First impressions, it looks beautiful... but all the voices are way out of sync with the animations and there is terrible lag on the mouse and pointing/clicking is a nightmare, not to mention just trying to look around. FPS seems really bad, choppy and slow, response time to movement commands is also problematic. Basically I feel like I have no way to really control where I'm looking or going in a way that is conducive to decent gameplay.

Steam "detected" that my Options should be set to High but I'm wondering if I should back them down a bit? I tried changing them to Ultra High and it wasn't really any worse so I guess I could nudge them down to Medium and see if that helps. Or maybe I need to tweak something in my GPU software?

I've got as far as almost being beheaded and then the dragon came and then I ran into the keep and trying to get up the stairs was terrible because: see above. Then I thought I heard somebody say to jump from the roof which I did but then I was just running around and couldn't seem to get out of the village so I gave up. You see THIS IS WHY I NEED A GUIDE. :O:

Yeah, sounds like you might want to turn down your settings a bit. My machine is probably a lot slower than your's and I don't have any such problems. You can also tweak the mouse sensitivity in the options section, which will help. In terms of going where you need to be, just follow the arrows on your compass. The game will litterally hold your hand through every quest.

frau kaleun 12-18-11 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1807266)
Yeah, sounds like you might want to turn down your settings a bit. My machine is probably a lot slower than your's and I don't have any such problems. You an also tweak the mouse sensitivity in the options section, which will help. In terms of going where you need to be, just follow the arrows on your compass. The game will litterally hold your hand through every quest.

Just read something elsewhere about making sure "use application settings" was selected wherever possible in the GPU software, which it wasn't in mine. So I've corrected that and I'm going back in.

I did tweak the mouse sensitivity in the game but it didn't help much, so I think it was more lag from slow FPS and everything being so choppy.

And I have it set to Novice, I need all the help I can get!

Falkirion 12-18-11 05:49 PM

You'll be fine Frau. Just don't expect the game to hold your hand and toss you quest after quest. It's really up to you what you do and how you play. Welcome to Skyrim, hope you're ready to give up your life for a few weeks.

Dowly 12-18-11 05:55 PM

@Frau Kaleun

The in-game mouse sensitivity slider sucks nuggets, so head to Documents/My Games/Skyrim and edit it directly from the SkyrimPrefs.ini

The line you're looking for is: fMouseHeadingSensitivity=

The in-game full is (or was when I last played) 0.05, switched it to 0.1 and it helped a lot.

PS. Photobucket sucks nuggets too.