SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514)

DivingDuck 05-04-07 07:05 PM

Moin,
Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderF
Only thing is...the 'gauges' in the conning tower seem to get goofed up by it. They drop down to the 'low res' versions (even with the 'high res' mod installed - it seems to work fine for the main U-Boat rooms - the control room gauges are fine, as are the gauges in the sonar room...all high resolution, there. But the conning tower is very definitely the low-res gauges now).

my fault. Iīve forgotten to include the *.tga files for the conning tower in the HiRes Package. This issue will be fixed with the next update.

@johnm:
  • TypeIX_OpenHatch_V1.0 has been replaced by V1.01.
  • TypeVII_OH_Peri_Correct was corrupted and has been replaced<br>
Thatīs why the links donīt work.

@all:
Iīm building a site where all my mods are linked and described. Just click the pic in my signature. Itīs not completed yet. But I try to keep it up to date. The number of postings in this thread makes it a little hard to follow the modīs development.

Regards,
DD

Jmack 05-04-07 08:48 PM

i have been away for a while i just want to say very nice work ... congrats to all involved. i still dont have SH4 and i probably wont buy it so i guess that stuff like this makes SH3 live longer .

anyway ... is there a link with all of this ? ... i mean latest version ?

nevermind !!!! i saw the links under diving duck avatar ...

KLARCH 05-06-07 01:35 AM

Filefront link to download Type VII open hatch 1.01 says the file is unavailable, anybody got this file for me?:cry:

thehiredgun 05-06-07 03:49 AM

open hatch in the command room

Is it true that this mod will not work with the stand alone 1 I Don't play this game online !

Alex 05-06-07 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLARCH
Filefront link to download Type VII open hatch 1.01 says the file is unavailable, anybody got this file for me?:cry:

Hey mate, here you'll find what you're searching for. :cool:
Check out the "Special Mods" section.

:up:

KLARCH 05-06-07 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLARCH

Hey mate, here you'll find what you're searching for. :cool:
Check out the "Special Mods" section.

:up:

Many thanks for the response and info.:rock:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr 05-06-07 11:35 AM

Thank you Urfisch and DD :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

this mod is great and looking foreward to see the engine room :up:

tiger_tim_34 05-07-07 06:51 PM

re: open hatches

Tell me it's true... that there will be further hatches opened?

If you require funding to complete the work, just say the word! I suspect you'd be staggered by the whip-round. :up:

Kataki 05-07-07 09:05 PM

Being able to go into the quaters/engine room would be awesome!

One of my favorite improvements graphically speaking.

Hellraiser 05-07-07 09:14 PM

Yep

Yeah, hey I'd be up for contributing to a project that would devote some time to opening/creating new compartments.

As great as this game is, the major thing it lacks is the feeling that you are living inside a steel tube for weeks/months on end ...simply because you can't go there and live it!

Not a knock at all, because I believe this is by far the best sim of any kind ever created.

If a first person shooter like ...say...Medal of Honor Frontline can have a Uboat interior with multiple compartments (albeit not accurate) Why on earth didn't they do it with this game???

XanderF 05-07-07 09:51 PM

I do have a question, since this appears to be the only success I've seen really modding the interior of the U-Boats...

...any possibility of adding the "well" for the attack periscope in the control room? IE., the tube that runs through the middle of the room, near the obs scope, where the attack periscope (currently modelled as elevated to the conning town) sits when not in use?

Alex 05-08-07 04:33 AM

Great idea, mate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck
But before I start another approach at the next compartment I have to dig deep to get the obs periscope moving up and down by key command.

It may be possible when DD will find how to move it by key command : cause it would be weird to be in the conning tower and to click on an attack periscope down. :-?
I have to admit I like it like it looks like in game. ;)
But it sure would be better to be able to move it.

JCWolf 05-09-07 06:08 AM

Hi D,
just to imput on the Type VII periscope correct link,
it doesn't work mate...:rock: :up:

DivingDuck 05-10-07 02:00 AM

Moin,
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcwolf
Hi D,
just to imput on the Type VII periscope correct link,
it doesn't work mate...:rock: :up:

After some maintenance work this file was corrupted. So I had to upload a new one.
Hereīs the new direct link:

http://files.filefront.com/DD_TypeVI.../fileinfo.html

Regards,
DD

Maraz 05-10-07 03:14 AM

Do we still have hope of some improvements of this amazing mod?
Such as moving the periscope up/down or maybe adding a new submarine room?

Maraz