SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   US Politics Thread 2021-24 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248184)

Von Due 02-10-21 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2729079)
...to seek out all the ones reported to have been discarded because they were for him...

This might not be the wording you're looking for unless you mean all and any discarded vote should go to Trump by default.

Sonicfire1981 02-10-21 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Whacko (Post 2729086)
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...021/index.html

I think that this can get incitement upgraded to treason, correct me if I am wrong.

Man, Plaskett spoke for a long time. At this trial it's only removal from office and/or disqualification. And as stated earlier, this could be politically decided already. We know from yesterday that most republicans won't watch and listen and rather stare at their notes. If they looked they could not vote No.

For a criminal trial, this is a strong argument, thou.

3catcircus 02-10-21 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2729082)
The audio makes it abundantly clear that Trump rejected the certified results and was asking for that to be changed. In other words, alter the results.

Have you heard the full audio or read the full transcripts?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/listen-...ll-11609713527

It's 100% clear that the "...find ballots.." quote refers to Trump wanting Raffensberger to actually audit the ballots to see what was miscounted, what was not a legal ballot, what ballots might have been missed, etc. At no point did he demand that they manufacture ballots.

This all goes to the fact that several states were not actually auditing things. They were just recounting them - and recounting a ballot that isn't signed, or from a dead voter, or what was clearly a stack of machine-completed ballots, is just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic. The "... find ballots..." quote, had GA done as requested, would have resulted in finding invalid ballots that shorter have never been counted. It could have resulted in finding ballots that should have been counted and weren't. It could have resulted in Biden ballots being rejected that put Trump over the top, or it could have given Biden more votes.

The context is "we believe we have more ballots for us than you are counting and we believe more were counted for Biden than are valid. We need to identify those ballots and correct the tally."

That's it. That's all it is. But the MSM and the left are breathlessly touting this as some kind of smoking gun when it isn't.

Sonicfire1981 02-10-21 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2729093)
Have you heard the full audio or read the full transcripts?

That's it. That's all it is. But the MSM and the left are breathlessly touting this as some kind of smoking gun when it isn't.

We'll find out about this soon enough. "All we want is a proper investigation. But the radical right won't let us evaluate all the evidence. Millions of people died on the day of the insurection; and this could all be pence's fault.
we just want to be treated fairly and that's it."

Bilge_Rat 02-10-21 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2729062)

It has begun.

well, no. The Fulton County DA is a newly elected ultra-liberal Dem trying to please her base.

What the MSM media will never tell you since it does not fit their narrative is that this was a settlement call, Trump was on a conference call with his advisers and his lawyers, the GA Sec of State was on the call with his aides and his lawyers. If Trump had said anything that was vaguely unethical or illegal on the call, you can be sure the opposing lawyers would have objected. You may have noticed that none of them have claimed that anything illegal was done.

This will blow over like every else.

mapuc 02-10-21 06:03 PM

I have seen some minutes of this impeachment.

While watching it I came to think of a term from Swedish law-Uppsåt=Intent.

Did or had Former President an intent through his speech on Jan. 6th to incite his followers to, not only demonstrate near or around Capitol Hill, but even invade and disturb or prevent the ongoing process ?

Markus

Sonicfire1981 02-10-21 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2729104)
I have seen some minutes of this impeachment.

While watching it I came to think of a term from Swedish law-Uppsåt=Intent.

Did or had Former President an intent through his speech on Jan. 6th to incite his followers to, not only demonstrate near or around Capitol Hill, but even invade and disturb or prevent the ongoing process ?

Markus

Yes. enough evidence has been presented that he knew beforehand what some groups planned. he missed every oportunity during the riot to stop it, still tweeting in ALL CAPS DURING, "send them home" in the most ridiculous way imaginable ("We love you, you're special...") and so forth. it's been a long presentation already.
You must not forget that a president swears an oath to protect the constitution.

But, again, this time it's about removal & disqualification. If he just "oops"ed it and it went south accidently (hardly believable, since he's the greatest president of all times), that still makes him unfit for future office.

Edit: Fake News interviewed George Conway on the matter:
(George Thomas Conway III (born September 2, 1963) is an American attorney. On the shortlist of candidates considered by President Donald Trump for Solicitor General of the United States prior to the nomination in March 2017 of Noel Francisco, he was subsequently considered for a post as an assistant attorney general heading the Civil Division at the United States Department of Justice, but withdrew himself from consideration.[...] from Wikipedia)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENNafr0-f8

Gorpet 02-10-21 09:05 PM

11-18 1956

Nikita Khrushchev, At the Polish Embassy in Moscow stated that Capitalist States would be buried with out firing a shot. We will Destroy you from Within. I must say have done a damn good job of making that a truth. Now the question for the USA is will they accept it or not.

les green01 02-10-21 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorpet (Post 2729131)
Nikita Khrushchev, At the Polish Embassy in Moscow stated that Capitalist States would be buried with out firing a shot. We will Destroy you from Within. I must say have done a damn good job of making that a truth. Now the question for the USA is will they accept it or not.

the Day the USA becomes a reds country least while i'm still alive is the day i will be dead i was born free i was raise free and i intend to die free i wont give up any of my rights i hadn't watch any of the trial i figure it just a waste of money but what i have seen in the past few years the dems isnt inocent either

Buddahaid 02-10-21 11:30 PM

It was close but the insurrection failed and the Republic still stands.

MaDef 02-10-21 11:37 PM

Quote:

You must not forget that a president swears an oath to protect the constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Buddahaid 02-10-21 11:44 PM

It's an impeachment trial, not a law being created to abridge freedom of speech. He was free to say what he did but not free of consequences.

Gorpet 02-10-21 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2729152)
It was close but the insurrection failed and the Republic still stands.

And what is a Republic versus a Democracy ?

Gorpet 02-10-21 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDef (Post 2729156)
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Tell me 1 President that has protected the constitution and how did he and the party he reprentis do that.

The Democrats and their Rino's have thrown that out the the door

Gorpet 02-11-21 12:01 AM

In 2021 , You must be a very young . I have found in my life all Politicians are liars. Every single one one of them. Vote for term limits and see what you get.