SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

mikka 09-22-09 10:09 PM

Just checking in to say "thank you" to the modders for a tremendous effort.
And to the community in general for keeping nuke sims alive. This game is going to give me many years of enjoyment.

caymanlee 09-22-09 10:40 PM

the point of RA_mod's Database

1 RA team take a lot of effort to reconstruct the Mast, that's really a bold decision and very hard work to finish. :yeah:

2 flexible parameter setting for Mass(tons):may be different from the reality, but fit the game-play purpose regard to the periscope depth the mast height, smart move :up:

Bravo! :salute:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...wedit_mast.jpg

caymanlee 09-22-09 11:42 PM

Suggestion for Satellites

satellites in RA_1.0 mod looks fantastic, but their lifetime in mission doesn't last long, besides, their fly speed and attitude aren't stable, I don't know whether the instability is the original purpose of designer or not, but I figure the Satellites are very useful(finally, the Radio antenna fulfill its function ), so why not we make them more stable?

the original satellites setting in RA_1.0 Database
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...X/satcom-0.jpg

factors that cause the instability: Mass, Thrust, WpnMaxRange, Fuel,Doctrine

My test setting and doctrine for satellites, satellites run stable

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...DWX/satcom.jpg

by the way , waypoint tactic "Barrier" works great

pjb1 09-23-09 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 1177123)
Do you guys at Sea Shadows use the RA mod as the standard?

We play all the Mods. it is decided prior to game which mod will be used

Kapitan 09-23-09 03:32 AM

the seawolves you can use it www.seawolves.org

Castout 09-23-09 05:27 AM

Hmm I think there's problem with the towed array for the SSKs.

For example in collins class even though a signal was obvious in the narrowband it didn't show up on the broadband at all. The spehere sonar broadband is fine picking up the signal but the towed array broadband doesn't seem able to show lines which are obvious in the towed array narrowband.

kpv1974 09-23-09 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caymanlee (Post 1177161)
[SIZE="4"]satellites in RA_1.0 mod looks fantastic, but their lifetime in mission doesn't last long, besides, their fly speed and attitude aren't stable, I don't know whether the instability is the original purpose of designer or not, but I figure the Satellites are very useful(finally, the Radio antenna fulfill its function ), so why not we make them more stable?

by the way , waypoint tactic "Barrier" works great

Before correct something , you must first understand why it was done and how it work.

Castout 09-23-09 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1177244)
Hmm I think there's problem with the towed array for the SSKs.

For example in collins class even though a signal was obvious in the narrowband it didn't show up on the broadband at all. The spehere sonar broadband is fine picking up the signal but the towed array broadband doesn't seem able to show lines which are obvious in the towed array narrowband.

Doh never thought I would quote myself but it seems to be dependant on sonar conditions. I just tested a scenario and the towed array of the Collins worked just fine I could see line on it.

Deisel Submarine 09-23-09 04:37 PM

:)I would like to know Caymanlee how you got the editor to open the RA data base thanks:).

suBB 09-24-09 10:37 AM

something doesn't seem right here, please i need someone else to try and duplicate and confirm.. :nope:

regarding RA_DWX_1.00 after doctrine and interfaces patches:

4kts seawolf hull & port towed arrays vs a 7 kts transiting alfa in a surface duct / both on top side of layer

i made initial contact on the SW HULL array from 14nm... :-?

then finally I pick up the alfa on the SW PORT TA from 6nm... :06:

my experience has been opposite, where your TA will pick up contacts farther, while the sphere and hull pick up contacts closer in...

IIRC - the seawolf port array is the more sensitive of the two, so it should pick up contacts sooner compared to the stbd array and other arrays in a SD.

i even tried running the loadout screen before running this test.

someone else please confirm this.. going to try another platform vs the alfa..

goldorak 09-24-09 10:48 AM

suBB please look at the usni for the characteristics of the different sonar and sensibilities.

The Seawolf most sensitive array is STARBOARD with SNR = -12 while the PORT towed array has a SNR = -8
The sphere and hull on the other hand have SNR of -13 and -7 respectively.

The Alfa has on the bow array a SNR of -10 so its better than the Seawolf's port towed array.

suBB 09-24-09 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suBB (Post 1177898)
something doesn't seem right here, please i need someone else to try and duplicate and confirm.. :nope:

regarding RA_DWX_1.00 after doctrine and interfaces patches:

4kts seawolf hull & port towed arrays vs a 7 kts transiting alfa in a surface duct / both on top side of layer

i made initial contact on the SW HULL array from 14nm... :-?

then finally I pick up the alfa on the SW PORT TA from 6nm... :06:

my experience has been opposite, where your TA will pick up contacts farther, while the sphere and hull pick up contacts closer in...

IIRC - the seawolf port array is the more sensitive of the two, so it should pick up contacts sooner compared to the stbd array and other arrays in a SD.

i even tried running the loadout screen before running this test.

someone else please confirm this.. going to try another platform vs the alfa..

nvm... this isn't a problem... if the transiting platform was a nuke, all is normal..

suBB 09-24-09 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldorak (Post 1177905)
suBB please look at the usni for the characteristics of the different sonar and sensibilities.

The Seawolf most sensitive array is STARBOARD with SNR = -12 while the PORT towed array has a SNR = -8
The sphere and hull on the other hand have SNR of -13 and -7 respectively.

The Alfa has on the bow array a SNR of -10 so its better than the Seawolf's port towed array.

thanks but the info on signal / noise ratios, which I really would prefer to have, is not listed in the USNI..

goldorak 09-24-09 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suBB (Post 1178161)
thanks but the info on signal / noise ratios, which I really would prefer to have, is not listed in the USNI..

Yes it is, in the gameplay information section. ;)

suBB 09-24-09 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldorak (Post 1178176)
Yes it is, in the gameplay information section. ;)

OOOHH!!! there it is..... :oops: :har:

All the time I've had DW, I've never clicked on that data field.. I thought it was just for show :rotfl2:

coolies, back to testing... :salute:

thx