SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Video emerges of Minneapolis police killing a citizen - - Riots (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245284)

skidman 06-01-20 02:10 PM

Ah, now we are getting somewhere...

Catfish 06-01-20 02:14 PM

"Antifa" has other interests and nothing to do with that, looting and all. Only Trump says it, but as ususal he tries to divert and put the blame on political enemies.
I think vandalising and looting is done by young, bored "yobs"/teenagers where left or right does not play a role, while a few criminals and right and left wingers try to cook their own soup in all this tumult.

@Platapus i do no really understand it either, "general frustration"?

AVGWarhawk 06-01-20 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidman (Post 2674491)
Ah, now we are getting somewhere...

The only place we are getting is innocents in the crossfire and neighborhood destroyed.

AVGWarhawk 06-01-20 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2674492)
"Antifa" has
nothing to do with that, looting and all. Only Trump says it, but as ususal he tries to divert and put the blame on political enemies. Yawn.

@Platapus i do no understand it either, "general frustration"?

It will come to light both far right and left groups are fueling the riots.

Why would a white supremist spray paint "no more black lives"and "the rich are not safe anymore"?

Catfish 06-01-20 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2674495)
[...] Why would a white supremist spray paint "no more black lives"and "the rich are not safe anymore"?

To fuel the fire? Because "white supremists" are often not very rich? More often than not white supremists have guns.
Where are all the left wing terrorists of the last years, when and where did they perpetrate crimes and terrorist acts, where are their guns, where are they hiding?

AVGWarhawk 06-01-20 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2674500)
To fuel the fire? Because "white supremists" are often not very rich?
Alli can say is that more often than not the right wingers have the guns.

What guns? I see bricks, spray paint, bats and matches. So you mean to tell me white supremists spray painted on the WW2 memorial 'do black vets count?" because it incites rage? Interesting.

Rockstar 06-01-20 03:10 PM

I was looking around for something beside the usual political mud slinging. Apparently there is a psychology to rioting and with todays access to instant media and communication it can spread like wildfire. On a side note, I never knew there were 2011 riots in England. :hmmm:
Quote:

Understanding Why People Riot
Riots are more complex than "criminality, pure and simple."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hidden-motives/201108/understanding-why-people-riot

----------------------

How the 2011 English riots spread—new evidence shows sense of identity was key
  • Firstly, two days after Mark Duggan was killed, a protest against the police turned into a riot in Tottenham.
  • Secondly, the riots spread to a small number of areas in London, including Brixton. A close analysis of the data and accounts shows that Brixton participants often identified with Tottenham – as two areas share a history of rioting over police racism. People in Brixton were therefore influenced to riot out of anger and a sense of injustice at the killing of Mark Duggan
  • Thirdly, the riots in Croydon and Clapham were more influenced by the perception of police vulnerability across London and an underlying anti-police sentiment in these areas. Deprivation in all these areas was a leading factor.
"While previous research has shown anti-police feeling among the rioters, what we have now found is that the rioters used their views of the police to define themselves collectively. Their sense of identity was key. Knowing and seeing others feeling the same way, across various locations, made the rioters feel that they were not alone, and emboldened them to riot too."

The authors compared London boroughs that saw rioting with those that did not. Deprivation was the strongest predictor of whether a riot occurred in a London borough. There were significantly greater numbers of deprived people in the boroughs that saw rioting than in those that did not see rioting. In addition, the greater the number of deprived people in a borough, the greater the number of recorded riot offences in a borough and the longer the duration of rioting within a borough."

https://phys.org/news/2019-01-englis...-identity.html

mapuc 06-01-20 04:19 PM

Made a Search in English for this Antifa to see if there would be any different what I found on those pages and what I have read and heard about them in our news here in Denmark and Sweden.

There wasn't any difference the Antifa in USA, England, Germany is acting in the same way as they do in Denmark and Sweden.
(Maybe a smaller difference)

The question is though...can this be classified as terror ?

Some of the pages I found

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...w-about-antifa

Markus

August 06-01-20 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2674501)
What guns? I see bricks, spray paint, bats and matches. So you mean to tell me white supremists spray painted on the WW2 memorial 'do black vets count?" because it incites rage? Interesting.

He is not going to admit that his anarchist darlings are anything but squeaky clean.

mapuc 06-01-20 06:03 PM

A friend posted this article from last year.
Which makes me wonder:

Was there any riot in the street of Minneapolis last summer ?

Quote:

But on Friday, Mr. Noor, now an ex-officer and convicted murderer, was sentenced to about 12 and a half years in a Minnesota prison for the death of Justine Ruszczyk, an unarmed woman he killed while on patrol in 2017.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/u...RHhLHAyw8sNZSc

Markus

Rockstar 06-01-20 06:12 PM

It made the news but there were no riots. But then I know police can really screw up badly. Neither am I hammered day in day out by tv and radio telling me how deprived I am and how much I'm owed.

em2nought 06-01-20 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2674528)
Neither am I hammered day in day out by tv and radio telling me how deprived I am and how much I'm owed.

At night when I visit with my mother and flip through her cable TV channels it's always TV for trashy people, TV for trashy people, TV for trashy people, TV for trashy people, and then I finally find an episode of Law & Order from the 90s to watch and I wonder at how many crap people we must have produced in this country who watch those new low class shows. The every movie a fart joke from Idiocracy would actually be high brow stuff in comparison to most of what's on cable TV right now. :har:

I sort of expected something like these riots after keeping all those low class people on lockdown for a couple months, and by low class I don't mean anything about color of people's skin. Honey Boo Boo being a prime example of low class. All it needed was one little spark.

Well at least we have Europeans to tell us all about ourselves. LMAO

Skybird 06-01-20 07:49 PM

Automatic rifles indeed were seen just weeks ago, in three democrats-ruled states that saw their capitol halls stormed by heavily armed "patriots" :haha: in masks. Trump had called for unrest there since these three states threaten his reelection.

Roosters with arms. Hilarious.

em2nought 06-01-20 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2674543)
Automatic rifles

semi-automatic rifles

Mr Quatro 06-01-20 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2674500)
To fuel the fire? Because "white supremists" are often not very rich? More often than not white supremists have guns.
Where are all the left wing terrorists of the last years, when and where did they perpetrate crimes and terrorist acts, where are their guns, where are they hiding?

What news have you been reading for the last ten years? :hmmm:

They are very rich and very organized ... They have ranches and even have their own churches. They are America's number one home grown terrorist group. The ATF and FBI try to infiltrate them and they get caught with the expected resulting early termination of life. Plus they don't hide their hate for anything that's not white. :yep:

August 06-01-20 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em2nought (Post 2674547)
semi-automatic rifles

That remained unused too. As opposed to Antifa leftists throwing bricks and molotov cocktails, burning down buildings, attacking people for being white etc.

MaDef 06-01-20 09:38 PM

Quote:

Automatic rifles indeed were seen just weeks ago, in three democrats-ruled states that saw their capitol halls stormed by heavily armed "patriots" in masks.
Kind of ironic if you think about it, a few weeks ago there were armed protests all across the country. there were no riots, looting or arsons. No teargas or rubber bullets were used, and there were few if any arrests for protesting.

Fast forward, and you have unarmed (supposedly) protests, and there is rioting, looting, arsons, assaults and murders. Curfews have been imposed, mass arrests made, and the National guard has been activated.

Go Figure. :nope:

Kptlt. Neuerburg 06-01-20 10:30 PM

At the store I work at we where told to bring the box bales inside if we didn't do a reload in case of looters.... and yet left a ton of pallets outside. I guess a rectangle of cardboard is more valuable then a bunch of planks nailed together.

Mr Quatro 06-01-20 10:51 PM

I'm sorry Catfish maybe your were just being sarcastic :hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish

They even have video tape of people in black paying people cash to set up barriers.

I thought it would be over but the looters have now gone after Macy's in New York and I saw a fire on top of Macy's building too.

What a sad day for America ... back in the Old Testament days an old lady came out and said to the army coming against them, "what do you want"? and the commander said we want the head of the man we are after" She said you will have it by morning and then the next day she threw his head over the wall and the army went way. :yep:

This could've been all averted by giving them the policeman that wouldn't let George breathe, which I think they knew each other and could be a hate crime added too.

Reece 06-01-20 11:24 PM

Quote:

the looters have now gone after Macy's in New York and I saw a fire on top of Macy's building too.
What sad days, I think most of these people are using the death of George Floyd as an excuse for rioting! :nope: