SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Remake Silent Hunter 3 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248879)

kapuhy 05-12-21 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2747124)
Is there any place where you can suggest ideas for a new game and vote for them, in order to influence game studios ?

Steam? Nothing influences game studios like "sales of submarine themed games" graph.

Mister_M 05-12-21 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2747407)
Steam? Nothing influences game studios like "sales of submarine themed games" graph.

What do you mean ? :06:

kapuhy 05-13-21 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2747463)
What do you mean ? :06:

That was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but seriously I don't place much faith in petitions/wishlists/voting as far as influencing game studios is concerned. Being businesses, they care about money so most effective way of influencing them is voting with your wallet. I guess people who backed Wolfpack or Uboat did more to convince game studios that creating new subsims is worth their time than any votes or suggestions ever will.

Mister_M 05-13-21 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2747522)
That was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but seriously I don't place much faith in petitions/wishlists/voting as far as influencing game studios is concerned. Being businesses, they care about money so most effective way of influencing them is voting with your wallet. I guess people who backed Wolfpack or Uboat did more to convince game studios that creating new subsims is worth their time than any votes or suggestions ever will.

Ah ok, that makes sense now. And you're probably right (unfortunately).

divemonkie 05-18-21 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2747575)
Ah ok, that makes sense now. And you're probably right (unfortunately).

It's happened before, look at 1C Cliff of Dover.
Out of the box had great potential but was crawling with bugs.
Until a dedicated group set aside their egos and went to work on it creating a patch of their own making it a flyable sim.

I'm not sure what more could be done for SH3 other than mem.
But SH5 would be an excellent candidate and the patch already exists in TWoS.
It just needs a distributor like steam to maybe get UBI's attention.

U301 05-19-21 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divemonkie (Post 2748506)
Until a dedicated group set aside their egos and went to work on it creating a patch of their own making it a flyable sim.

Fully agree!
:Kaleun_Cheers:
KUrtz

John Pancoast 05-19-21 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divemonkie (Post 2748506)

There is a LOT that could be done to make SH3 more a simulation and less the fps in a Battle of the Atlantic setting that it more or less is.
I don't know enough about coding, etc. to know if that would require more memory or not.

skipjack578 05-23-21 12:27 AM

Guys I got the SH5 source code. i have managed to buy it from UBI, here is the whole code:

#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
// printf() displays the string inside quotation
printf("Hello, World!");
return 0;
}

But really, I like SH3 and SH5 the way they are...crappy and old :O:

areo16 05-25-21 10:43 PM

We don't really need a remake. We just need the SH3 source recompiled for 64-bit, and then we can go wild.

a-kermit 05-26-21 11:18 AM

Moin, moin...
... as "Urmel" already mentioned, the most important thing is to elminate the 4 GB limit.
.... then all doors are open.
mfG Kermit

Kongo Otto 07-14-21 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2747407)

The problem is that if the big studios would do another Uboat/Submarine sim, it would be riddled with all the "nice" things that modern Games aka GaaS (Games as a service) would have, as in Micro transactions, Loot boxes and all that other stuff.

Want a new Type VIIC? Have you seen our newest sale at our in game cash shop? It's only 29,99 (insert currency of your choice).

The Biscaya crosss? Oh, sure, right here for only a measly 9,99.

Sink 5 gigazillion tons of enemy shipping in one patrol and get three lootboxes with T5 Zaunkönigs in our next Event.

Meh!