SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Top 5 Guilty Pleasure War Movies (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203048)

Sailor Steve 03-27-13 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshiki (Post 2032483)
If that's the case - then probably only 300 (2007) fits that category.:)
(although IMO this movie was/is totally underestimated - it is highly
successfull in bringing a comic book on the big screen - and it
works - at least for me).

That opens up a can of worms. I thought 300 was pretty good, but I much prefer the old The 300 Spartans. I stand alone and that has to be a guilty pleasure!

Cybermat47 03-27-13 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2032572)
I much prefer the old The 300 Spartans. I stand alone and that has to be a guilty pleasure!

That one made my list. A bit corny, but full of compelling characters and epic battle sequences. The Spartans fighting the Immortals for the first time is my favourite scene.

Red October1984 03-27-13 11:35 PM

I guess I have to put War of the Dead in here. It's a WW2 zombie movie and it is a sad excuse for a movie...

But heck...I'm a sucker for good zombie action. :oops: It's about an American sent in to help the Finns in their war with the Soviets in 1941. They go in to destroy this secret German bunker which turns out to be supplying zombies after an experiment went wrong. It has horrible acting, dialogue, special effects, and story premise. It's a Lithuanian film. I rented it just for the heck of it the other night. By the end, I liked it. No matter how bad the story is in a zombie movie, I can get into it eventually. The fact that I even watched it is a guilty pleasure.

It's still better than The Walking Dead though... :up: :yep: :yeah:

Tupolev 03-28-13 10:56 AM

Army of Darkness for sure. Its sort of a war movie. And you can't beat a guy fighting an army stop-motion skeletons.

And Down Periscope.

"I'm sorry Sir, the bandaid was holding the fingernail on."

DBF!!

Yoshiki 03-28-13 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 2032585)
That one made my list. A bit corny, but full of compelling characters and epic battle sequences. The Spartans fighting the Immortals for the first time is my favourite scene.

Right - I just got the movie The 300 Spartans (1962) :)

Lets see whether it's really better than 300 (2007) :)

I'll provide feedback as soon as I finished watching the flic...:salute:

Mind you I am offering valuable patrol time for this...:O:

jameswhite1 05-11-13 05:14 AM

All of above are good but i like Pearl Harbo the most.

Red October1984 06-12-13 08:34 PM

I think I'm going to have to revive this thread to add a guilty pleasure movie.... :oops:

Navy Seals with Charlie Sheen

:rock: