SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Trevally Tutorials (for TDWs UI) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177725)

Trevally. 01-02-11 04:46 AM

Quote:

I am thinking about the next one using stadimeter to find speed. This would be for moving up to "no map updates".:hmmm:
I am half way through writting this tutorial. It is aimed at moving up to "no map contacts" and "real navigation". It takes you through the info gathering and setting a visual attack on a convoy of two ships.

However, I have been learning how to use the RAOBF and I feel a tutorial on that may be a better step first. (good to know how to use all the tools at your disposal)

I could base this on the Range AOB Practice tutotial. This would give more options for gathering your visual information.

Captain Can 01-02-11 03:25 PM

Travelly cant wait for the new ones! i am feeling like a second captain in your u-boot already hehehe !:DL

col_Kurtz 01-03-11 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1564962)
I am half way through writting this tutorial. It is aimed at moving up to "no map contacts" and "real navigation". It takes you through the info gathering and setting a visual attack on a convoy of two ships.

However, I have been learning how to use the RAOBF and I feel a tutorial on that may be a better step first. (good to know how to use all the tools at your disposal)

I could base this on the Range AOB Practice tutotial. This would give more options for gathering your visual information.

Trevally... Just courius. How to use stadimeter in the night black as ink. I`m seriuos. I`m thought about it all night long... And, don`t get it:( When I spot the vessel at night, crewmen see this ghost - me not. Cant see anything so I`m looking at map and follow something in my scope (Hit the space, ID target etc.). But I can`t use stadimeter because I can`t see the ship:o

Trevally. 01-03-11 05:28 PM

At night use Obs scope - It has a wider view and lets more light in.

Still its not easy - TDW may add some scope filters - that will help

MRP 1.3 light makes it lighter - but I think may need an update to work with TDW UI

Vanilla 01-03-11 06:21 PM

Treally,

First of all thumbs up for your great work! :yeah: I was just wondering - in your range and AOB tutorial there is a rather long pause waiting for the script to check your solution. I wonder if that really takes this long to calculate or I can just press 'next' button straight away?

Trevally. 01-03-11 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla (Post 1565965)
Treally,

First of all thumbs up for your great work! :yeah: I was just wondering - in your range and AOB tutorial there is a rather long pause waiting for the script to check your solution. I wonder if that really takes this long to calculate or I can just press 'next' button straight away?

Thanks Vanilla:up:

Yes the pause is only there for effect:O:

Click next and it will more on faster.

Trevally. 01-23-11 04:02 PM

RAOBF

Hi everyone:salute:

I have added a new tutorial to post 1

RAOBF disc

This tutorial will take you through the stages required for getting visual information and using the RAOBF tool to find:-

Bearing
Range
AOB
Speed

:|\\

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6...vallytut01.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8...vallytut02.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8...vallytut03.jpg

Captain Can 01-25-11 06:12 PM

well i had no idea how to use RAOBF before , but this tutorial is quite useful for guys like me and now i can use it.

Thanks Trevally ! Keep more coming please. :salute:

Trevally. 01-29-11 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Can (Post 1582532)
well i had no idea how to use RAOBF before , but this tutorial is quite useful for guys like me and now i can use it.

Thanks Trevally ! Keep more coming please. :salute:

Thanks Capt Can:salute:

Added all the tutorials so far as one package in post 1:up:

stoianm 01-29-11 05:32 PM

Hi Trevally,

Do you know where i can find the ,,AOB approaches zero'' grid (chart or something like that?)

Thanks!

Trevally. 01-29-11 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1585994)
Hi Trevally,

Do you know where i can find the ,,AOB approaches zero'' grid (chart or something like that?)

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Can you give me more information:06:

stoianm 01-29-11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1586004)
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Can you give me more information:06:

i found it already.
Thanks!

Spy Guy 01-30-11 04:37 PM

What resolution is this at?

When I play on 1650 * 1050 I only get around 10 - 15 ticks (didn't bother to count) on either side of the central line in the RAOBF. I take it this was made for a 1080p screen?

In which case, curses! Will need to get a new screen.

Apart from that issue (probably on my end) I've been enjoying these tutorials very much.

Trevally. 01-30-11 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spy Guy (Post 1586689)
What resolution is this at?

When I play on 1650 * 1050 I only get around 10 - 15 ticks (didn't bother to count) on either side of the central line in the RAOBF. I take it this was made for a 1080p screen?

In which case, curses! Will need to get a new screen.

Apart from that issue (probably on my end) I've been enjoying these tutorials very much.

Hi SpyGuy

When you add a scope mod - say "Manos Scopes" you also need to add a patch to fix the camera file. So you would look for the one "1650 * 1050" and install it afet the scope mod.

This should fix you screen:up:

doctrine 02-01-11 10:36 AM

<edit>
So SH5 is up running again and I had some free time so I just went through your first tutorial!

I selected the Manual TDC 01 90deg tutorial from the main menu before loading the TDC mission. It all ran smoothly, although the ships weren't moving.
And because of that there wasn't much of course drawing for me :D But to bad, didn't really bother me. Learned a lot from it, probably more than in the last few months!

:salute:
</edit>

Bleeeeh, @ work :wah: The more I read these threads, the more I want to go home and try it all out!

And a 'no map contact' tutorial would be great! But dude, so far it's awesome already!! Sooo much to learn :know:

Thank you, and every other modder too of course, for all the effort :salute: