SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   That warm fuzzy feeling.... so gone. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173251)

Faamecanic 08-10-10 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Channing (Post 1463300)
Gazzillionth? Really? They've been down a gazzillion times?

Funny.. I must have the only non-DRM copy in existance because I have only had a problem three times, and two of them were in the first two weeks after release.

Wow! A gazzillion is a lot, right?

JCC

Funny..the first week or two I owned the game I couldnt play it. For TWO solid weekends. That was plenty.

This past week I dont know...havent played SH5 in weeks.

Or is it you just have a good internet connection in your mom's basement :rotfl2: :rock: :yeah:

Faamecanic 08-10-10 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1464041)
What you don't realize, John, is that you really are the center of the universe, and every time you don't play they go down. of course you would have no way of knowing that...
:rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

ROFL steve..... JCC just opened himself up to the sarcasm... which is what my post was above... sarcasm and not a personal attack (hence the smilies).

John Channing 08-10-10 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 1464101)
ROFL steve..... JCC just opened himself up to the sarcasm... which is what my post was above... sarcasm and not a personal attack (hence the smilies).

See... the difference is one of style and class.

To be in my "mom's basement", as you put it, means that I would have to be appx 12 feet under the ground, as she has been in her grave the last 20 years or so.

In the case of Steve's shot, the ouch moment I might have felt is mitigated by his sig and the fact that we have been net-friends for several years. Also that he has contributed a great deal to these forums over the years..

The irony is that the statement in his sig was directed at people who seem to have nothing better than to come into these forums and complain, complain, complain... not that I am mentioning any names.

JCC

Lord Justice 08-10-10 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Channing (Post 1464180)
See... the difference is one of style and class.

In the case of Steve's shot, the ouch moment I might have felt is mitigated by his sig and the fact that we have been net-friends for several years. Also that he has contributed a great deal to these forums over the years..

The irony is that the statement in his sig was directed at people who seem to have nothing better than to come into these forums and complain, complain, complain... not that I am mentioning any names.

JCC

Sirs, this has peaked my intrest! style and class (the abilty to execute, deliver with a unwearied mind, willing for ones better to do a service in such a manner! Is it so much to be wondered at. :06: Made it known to me or any other here, to my knowledge shouldnt the censure fall folly within or outwith ones duty with regard to 1st or 3rd party subsim favour member brackets? I must as well in regard of my own place (hold fourth at present) as of your own good, desire some will hereafter so more of what concerns us than here. Complaints, may we no means endure, nit picks = guilty as charged :oops: To differ between faithful subjects and 3rd party members we do in all humbleness present to our community most honourable and grave condiderations. :salute: Good Day.

Sailor Steve 08-10-10 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Channing (Post 1464180)
In the case of Steve's shot,

And just so there is no question whatsoever, my "shot" was only meant in fun. I once confessed to a friend that I was afraid I might suffer from 'Center-Of-The-Universe' syndrome. His response was, for the next year or more, to suddenly get all weepy and say "Thank you so much for coming by and letting me exist for another day!"

My quip to John was meant in the highest jest, since I trust and respect his judgement without question.

TwistedFemur 08-10-10 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1461389)
Got the "Nuclear option", I see.

I got one of those back in december:woot:

John Channing 08-10-10 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1464386)

My quip to John was meant in the highest jest, since I trust and respect his judgement without question.

Silly boy. Silly, silly boy...

JCC

Lord Justice 08-10-10 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1464386)

I trust and respect his judgement without question.

As well as my great fondness, i do so wish that wisdom guide you proper instruction during some future bothersome posts. thank you :03:

Krauter 08-10-10 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Para (Post 1464345)
Sirs, this has peaked my intrest! style and class (the abilty to execute, deliver with a unwearied mind, willing for ones better to do a service in such a manner! Is it so much to be wondered at. :06: Made it known to me or any other here, to my knowledge shouldnt the censure fall folly within or outwith ones duty with regard to 1st or 3rd party subsim favour member brackets? I must as well in regard of my own place (hold fourth at present) as of your own good, desire some will hereafter so more of what concerns us than here. Complaints, may we no means endure, nit picks = guilty as charged :oops: To differ between faithful subjects and 3rd party members we do in all humbleness present to our community most honourable and grave condiderations. :salute: Good Day.

What.. the Duce.. are you talking about?

Sailor Steve 08-10-10 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1464447)

There are questions that are better left unanswered...

McBeck 08-11-10 03:28 AM

*SLAMS THE HATCH WIDE OPEN WITH A BANG*

Why are you whispering??

Reece 08-11-10 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1464447)

He's been on the weed again! and thinks he's an old proper Englishman from days of yore!:yep: I say 4Para... would thou like a nice hot cuppa tea with a squeeze of lemon?:hmmm: just put your hat, coat and cane on the rack near the door!:yep:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/htsworth.jpg

Lord Justice 08-11-10 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1464771)
He's been on the weed again! and thinks he's an old proper Englishman from days of yore!:yep: I say 4Para... would thou like a nice hot cuppa tea with a squeeze of lemon?:hmmm: just put your hat, coat and cane on the rack near the door!:yep:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/htsworth.jpg

Sir, clearly you are mistaken, we must never confuse elegance with snobbery :doh: perhaps i should provide one with jolly good, splendid, bravo old boy etc, (try going further back) :oops: Perhaps i can counsel and direct you in the best manner, both for present and future posts! :know: That said, no worth can save you from your due award, :yeah: however confused one may be. I leave you to judge... what may be. Good work though :up: Bye your leave. :cool:

Krauter 08-11-10 08:56 AM

Right.. where can I get what ever he's got? :haha:

Lord Justice 08-11-10 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1464886)
Right.. where can I get what ever he's got? :haha:

Ask my cook! The rascal indeed spiked soup. :yep: Good Day