SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   You got SH5. You played it. Now RATE it for the rest of us! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162709)

Méo 03-01-10 07:00 PM

Funny, none of the 6 people who voted ''Bad. Shouldn't have bought it/will be collecting dust in my shelf'' had explained why he shouldn't have bought it?

Unless they are all lurkers, but I would be surprised...

Heretic 03-01-10 07:05 PM

There's been two I've seen post in other threads - FIREWALL and some other guy I don't recall. Don't know if they voted.

laugi 03-01-10 07:19 PM

i play the game for the last 3 days, i like it a lot but there is few things that i do not like so far:

the main gun i need to fire it myself, the gunner does not fire it by himself, no way to check on the depth, tha navigator does nothing, please ask me what you wanna know i i will try to answer

finchOU 03-01-10 07:22 PM

I think this poll is way way way premature. Sure its good to get your feeling out right now....but I would say wait a month or two of playing ..getting solid hours in to get a real feel for "how your feel" about SH5. I think the problem right now is people are going to have emotional reactions...vise solid feedback for others. I want what people think after the initial shock and OOOO AWWWW (or frustration) wears off....and the meat is what is left to grade. I'm just saying

laugi 03-01-10 07:23 PM

the moral does not work well one you save the game and come back to it. for example if my officers have 4 morals pts, i save the game, exit and when i reload the moral pts are gone.

laugi 03-01-10 07:25 PM

in general the game look great, i love the fact that you can go everywhere in the sub

laugi 03-01-10 07:27 PM

by the way i live in washington DC and i have 2 copy of the game, so if someone want to buy a copy from me i will sell it for $30

laugi 03-01-10 07:30 PM

as well the watch officer was not very good on my first patrol, it did not see any ships, so i caugth him missing a ship 500 yards away. When the guys have good moral i can see a big difference on there performance...

CCIP 03-01-10 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laugi (Post 1286837)
as well the watch officer was not very good on my first patrol, it did not see any ships, so i caugth him missing a ship 500 yards away. When the guys have good moral i can see a big difference on there performance...

Yep... a little too much.

The TC still drops when you're near ships though.

DMB3428 03-01-10 08:43 PM

I played all weekend and the game isnt bad but Im hoping mods can make it better :arrgh!:

Onkel Neal 03-01-10 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Méo (Post 1286805)
Funny, none of the 6 people who voted ''Bad. Shouldn't have bought it/will be collecting dust in my shelf'' had explained why he shouldn't have bought it?

Unless they are all lurkers, but I would be surprised...

That's probably because none of them actually bought the game.

FIREWALL 03-01-10 09:34 PM

With all the modding this site can provide this is and will always be a FPS\RPG wrapped in a Submarine.

The only thing missing is Army uniforms and M-16'S

The novelity of this game will wear off in about 6 mo's.

It's sad what could've been. After the 4th I expect hopefully there will be some honest posters who will also express their disapointment and not just be an asskisser.

Long Live Real Subsimers. :salute:

Onkel Neal 03-01-10 09:44 PM

Let me asked you, whose asses are these people supposed to be kissing and why are you fixated on it?

R-T-B 03-01-10 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1286993)
With all the modding this site can provide this is and will always be a FPS\RPG wrapped in a Submarine.

The only thing missing is Army uniforms and M-16'S

The novelity of this game will wear off in about 6 mo's.

It's sad what could've been. After the 4th I expect hopefully there will be some honest posters who will also express their disapointment and not just be an asskisser.

Long Live Real Subsimers. :salute:

I stronly disagree. With scripting, give me a copy and I will prove you very very wrong. ;)

laugi 03-02-10 01:06 AM

the AI respond pretty good, just got depth charge big time and they do not let me go (the destroyers). for sure moral is very important, the gunner work good, i find out the way to order the gun to fire by himself, the sound guy is giving me contact(because his moral is higth) but no way to ask him to follow a contact...