SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Here it is!!!!!! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130034)

Paajtor 02-05-08 12:13 PM

Thx.

badaboom 02-07-08 06:07 PM

I just started reading the book"Iron Coffins"what a fantastic read!!!I'm looking forward to the Addon and Commanding A UBoat once again!!!:D

Penelope_Grey 02-07-08 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Proof of the immutable, inarguable superiority of the Imperial Measurement System.:arrgh!::rotfl:Take THAT Penolope!:up:

I'll still be using metric on the U-Boats. Ever notice that those who know the imperial system also are quite good at metric, but the knowledge base is not shared the other way around? Hmmmmm? Imagine going to an Irish pub and not being able to order a pint! There goes their tourism....... OH, the humanity!:eek:

I would take it if you spelt my name right... or maybe not, I giot a cast on my right arm so Icould well just club you... I dont know...undecided :-?:lol:

Metric is easy pops as its all based on multiples of 10.. Imperial is all different, like 3 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard... its all very antique, however I like how the uk uses both systems. :up:

M. Sarsfield 02-08-08 04:50 PM

Not necessarily antique. One system is Base-10 and the other is Base-12. They have their advantages and set-backs. I learned both in engineering.

Paajtor 02-09-08 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elanaiba
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paajtor
Maybe I'm asking for the obvious, but...

...will there be a combined pack released as well, with SH4 and the Addon, as 1 installment?

AFAIK a combined box yes, 1 installment, yes.

I'm sorry....couldn't find a combined pack to order.
So I ordered SH4, and put UboatMissions on pre-order.

Question:

Suppose I start playing regular SH4 untill the addon is released...of course, after patching, I would add some (super-)mods.
Now when the addon arrives, will it be enough, to disable all mods through JSGME, to be ready to install the addon?
And I mean mods like TM, ROW, RSRD, NSM, etc. (about which I'm only just starting to learn more).

badaboom 02-09-08 08:06 PM

Where did you pre-order U-Boat missions from?I'd like to do the same,Thanks!:up:

Paajtor 02-10-08 02:46 PM

Bol.com

Jaeger 02-10-08 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paajtor

Question:

Suppose I start playing regular SH4 untill the addon is released...of course, after patching, I would add some (super-)mods.
Now when the addon arrives, will it be enough, to disable all mods through JSGME, to be ready to install the addon?
And I mean mods like TM, ROW, RSRD, NSM, etc. (about which I'm only just starting to learn more).

in the newest jsgme mod enabler, there is a possibility to save a list of all changed files in a txt file. i made a list of an unchanged game, then i installed some mods. after that, i reinstalled them and made a new list: result was, that there were no differences. that means, you can disable all mods for having a complete unmodded vanilla version of sh4. :up:

Paajtor 02-10-08 07:01 PM

Rgr that. :)

I suppose I'm ok, as long as JSGME-compatible mods are used (unlike GWX, which comes in the form of an *.exe).

Reaves 02-11-08 10:04 PM

I'm looking forward to this mod. Especially once the new strategic options are modded so we can use them with the existing US-Pacific campaign.

btw-

Metric ftw!

linerkiller 02-13-08 01:46 AM

But, will it be possible creating TWO SH4 installations? Just to play both SH41.4 and SH4 Uboat xpansion without chaos.

ReallyDedPoet 02-13-08 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linerkiller
But, will it be possible creating TWO SH4 installations? Just to play both SH41.4 and SH4 Uboat xpansion without chaos.

Just manually do 2 separate installs, one with 1.4, the other with the UBoat Exp on top of 1.4 ( as you need this as the base anyway ). I currently have 4 installs on the go, Multi SH4 is nice at keeping the saves separate. But maybe this won't even be necessary, we will have to wait and see.

RDP

Tarnsman 02-16-08 04:50 PM

Sh4 user interface just plain sucks, the crew are just chrome and the order bar icons are hard to understand when they should be intuitive like sh3. Maybe a year or two from now when the modding guys address the interface i will buy the u-boat addon but until then Ive given enough money to ubi for SH4.

Reece 02-16-08 08:04 PM

Quote:

Sh4 user interface just plain sucks, the crew are just chrome and the order bar icons are hard to understand when they should be intuitive like sh3. Maybe a year or two from now when the modding guys address the interface i will buy the u-boat addon but until then Ive given enough money to ubi for SH4.
Maybe so, but if us modders had this attitude what would happen ... nothing!:oops:

LukeFF 02-17-08 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarnsman

Sorry, but the SH3 interface was clunky compared to what SH4 has brought. What's so difficult about understanding the menu icons when you it tells you what they do when you mouse over them? SH3's interface only improved with 3rd-party add-ons.

Sometimes I think certain people here complain just for the sake of complaining.