SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   *** HMS Thanatus Game Thread *** (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152007)

Task Force 05-21-09 04:20 PM

Whats all this monster talk.

That story about that little town in Norway. The one with that sub... what was it.. U 13.:rotfl: Yea, fakeist story I ever heard... like that realy happend.

I wouldnt worry about any sea monsters. He was likely killed by an explotion, or something in the sub.

we may eventualy have to send someone down there... to check on the reactor.

Oberon 05-21-09 04:23 PM

*Oberon sticks his head down the hatch, hanging upside down to work*

"They say that even the strangest stories have an element of truth in them somewhere, even if it is just a couple of drunk Norweigan fishermen. But in this case, I think you might have a point Task Force, it's highly...ugh..."

*He sits up straight again and lets the blood get back to his head*

"It's highly likely that poor Letum was killed in the explosions from earlier. Although, you say that his body is in the cargo bay...how the devil did it get there?!"

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:24 PM

Yeah, that was the one. But don't be so sure, I heard numerous tales from the Serbs I met...the ones that weren't busy holding AK-47s and RPG-7s, that is...that are just as strange, but the origin of these tales have to come from somewhere.

Anyway, I wouldn't risk sending anyone down there, the whole place might be more irradiated than the surface of hell for all we know.

Task Force 05-21-09 04:24 PM

Ya know... I have no idea oberon.

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:27 PM

I believe the civilians managed to drag it out in the morning, gruesome business if you ask me.

Task Force 05-21-09 04:28 PM

So why was he down there anyways. And why did the civilians go down there in the first place.

Oberon 05-21-09 04:32 PM

*Oberon winces*

"Well, keep them bloody civvies away from me then. I got enough of a glow from the Superb!"

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:34 PM

*sighs*

Not really, I checked the radiation levels outside the leak and they were safe. That is the problem, really, we don't know whether the reactor is leaking or not.

Task Force 05-21-09 04:34 PM

laughs at what oberon said.

yea, strange how the civilians went down there. and chanced the possiable radiation.

Oberon 05-21-09 04:44 PM

"Well, have you tested the water? I mean, ok, it might not be radioactive, but I dread to think what kind of chemicals there are in it. What kind of coolant does this reactor run on?"

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:48 PM

Lead, you know, like the Alfas are using, ours are supposedly much more stable though.

Oberon 05-21-09 04:55 PM

*Oberon blinks*

"Oh...well...erm...what's heating the reactor at the moment? Isn't the lead going to cool down and solidify?"

*He moves nervously and then opens up the other hatch.*

"There's got to be a way to get those mag-locks off!"

Raptor1 05-21-09 05:00 PM

Well, it doesn't matter much, we have no chance of restarting the reactor anyway. The only thing we should be worrying about from the reactor is a radiation leak.

Oberon 05-21-09 05:06 PM

"Well, at least the coolant can't leak...small miracles I guess...so I guess the only thing in that water would be chemicals, rather than radiation...and there's no way of telling just what chemicals they might be...unless you have a list somewhere of what chemicals you have on board."

Task Force 05-21-09 05:07 PM

uahhh... I think ill sle... err guard the rescue sub tonight.